The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Max says he felt a zing on left side. Never felt anything on that side before. He said he hope he got out before anything major happened.

Reaction Score
I have no idea when to expect deGrom but it would appear that....

a) We maybe get Jake back to help soften a few of those weeks?
b) We get both of them back at the same time.

Stick a pin in today. First place in the NL East, 25-14 (.641) and 6.0 games ahead of the Phillies. Curious to see where we are when we get 1 of those 2 guys back.

Reaction Score

Stick a pin in today. First place in the NL East, 25-14 (.641) and 6.0 games ahead of the Phillies. Curious to see where we are when we get 1 of those 2 guys back.
I think it'll be B. Don't see deGrom coming back before the all star break which is 8 weeks from Sunday

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I think it'll be B. Don't see deGrom coming back before the all star break which is 8 weeks from Sunday
Yeah I don't think there's any way we see deGrom before the all-star break.

Being scarred from years of seeing us soar in Spring and then drop off, I was starting to get a sinking feeling when we dropped the series to Seattle and then let the second game of the double-header get away from us yesterday, but I was encouraged that we were still battling in the 9th and were one hit away from a different result both times.

I was concerned that Scherzer wasn't in top form in his last couple starts but thought he looked good last night before the injury.

And now Lindor is struggling, and Diaz looks human again.

Nice to pull out the win today though.

The next two months will tell us a lot about what the team is made of, and whether it is truly different.

I have no idea what to expect from deGrom when he returns, but I do expect Scherzer to return to form as a number one starter.

I don't expect us to pick up any top starting pitchers in the meantime, but adding another solid bat in the field would be nice.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't think there's any way we see deGrom before the all-star break.

Being scarred from years of seeing us soar in Spring and then drop off, I was starting to get a sinking feeling when we dropped the series to Seattle and then let the second game of the double-header get away from us yesterday, but I was encouraged that we were still battling in the 9th and were one hit away from a different result both times.

I was concerned that Scherzer wasn't in top form in his last couple starts but thought he looked good last night before the injury.

And now Lindor is struggling, and Diaz looks human again.

Nice to pull out the win today though.

The next two months will tell us a lot about what the team is made of, and whether it is truly different.

I have no idea what to expect from deGrom when he returns, but I do expect Scherzer to return to form as a number one starter.

I don't expect us to pick up any top starting pitchers in the meantime, but adding another solid bat in the field would be nice.
Yeah I'm not too worried, I think they have good enough pitching and hitting to survive until deGrom and Scherzer come back.

Only part I'd disagree with is Lindor. He was struggling for a while but certainly not anymore, he seems to have broken out. Been on base 8 of his last 9 times up now

I do expect a trade for a SP though. The timing lines up a little too well with losing 2 SPs this week and Dom requesting a trade. Would like to see him moved to Cincinnati for one of their SPs

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not too worried, I think they have good enough pitching and hitting to survive until deGrom and Scherzer come back.

Only part I'd disagree with is Lindor. He was struggling for a while but certainly not anymore, he seems to have broken out. Been on base 8 of his last 9 times up now

I do expect a trade for a SP though. The timing lines up a little too well with losing 2 SPs this week and Dom requesting a trade. Would like to see him moved to Cincinnati for one of their SPs
I agree that we have enough to survive, but I don't think we have enough to thrive as we have been. More than anything I think we will miss Scherzer's mettle, which really seemed to help fortify the guys. He's a proven winner and a total gamer.

You're right, Lindor has ticked up a bit again the last few games. Not as hot as he started, but seems to be coming out of the little funk he was in.

We do need another arm, but I don't think it will be a top end one. Would love to be surprised!

I didn't see today's game, but it doesn't look like Bassitt had a great line. We're really going to need him and Carrasco to turn it up a notch if they are going to hold down the fort until at least Scherzer returns.

Reaction Score
I agree that we have enough to survive, but I don't think we have enough to thrive as we have been. More than anything I think we will miss Scherzer's mettle, which really seemed to help fortify the guys. He's a proven winner and a total gamer.

You're right, Lindor has ticked up a bit again the last few games. Not as hot as he started, but seems to be coming out of the little funk he was in.

We do need another arm, but I don't think it will be a top end one. Would love to be surprised!

I didn't see today's game, but it doesn't look like Bassitt had a great line. We're really going to need him and Carrasco to turn it up a notch if they are going to hold down the fort until at least Scherzer returns.
Maybe not thrive but they should have more than enough to continue to win. They have a .613 winning percentage this season in games started by the current rotation (Bassitt, Carrasco, Megill, Peterson, Williams). 53 games to go before the all star break so I'd expect a slight dropoff but should still be able to win 28-30 games minimum in that stretch

Curiouser
Reaction Score
19kepner-mets-top-superJumbo.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bring Big Sexy back! (I just want to wear my Big Sexy t-shirt again)

Reaction Score
If we brought back Bartolo that would be AMAZING

I think we should go get Mahle from Cincy, they've been in firesale mode and he and Castillo are all that's left.. Hell, i'd take Castillo too.. Just need to make it through the next month, then we'll have an idea about where Max/Jacob are on the recovery radar..

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If we brought back Bartolo that would be AMAZING

I think we should go get Mahle from Cincy, they've been in firesale mode and he and Castillo are all that's left.. Hell, i'd take Castillo too.. Just need to make it through the next month, then we'll have an idea about where Max/Jacob are on the recovery radar..

I'd much rather go get a hitter that mashes lefties. I know it's a small sample size and all, but we really seem to struggle hitting lefties and our big righty off the bench is having an awful year. Even if he bounces back it would be nice to have someone else to mix in that can really hit.

Reaction Score
On Lindor. His body language seems so much better than last season....even though his numbers aren't much different. And I do recognize he's doing a lot of little things that are helping the team win....but Jesus. For 30m a year, can he please hit over .235?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
On Lindor. His body language seems so much better than last season....even though his numbers aren't much different. And I do recognize he's doing a lot of little things that are helping the team win....but Jesus. For 30m a year, can he please hit over .235?

*$34 million

I'm starting to get worried that he's going to be a bust. He's not terrible, but the fact that he's only slightly above league average at the start of his 10 year contract does not bode well for the future.

Reaction Score
*$34 million

I'm starting to get worried that he's going to be a bust. He's not terrible, but the fact that he's only slightly above league average at the start of his 10 year contract does not bode well for the future.
I fully expect most Mets fans to view him as a bust, but I'm starting to see that people's expectations were just wildly unrealistic from the start. Right now he's the #6 SS by WAR and even if you want to take defense out of it, #8 by wRC+. He's been very productive outside of his slump at the beginning of last year and is worth every dollar he's getting paid

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I fully expect most Mets fans to view him as a bust, but I'm starting to see that people's expectations were just wildly unrealistic from the start. Right now he's the #6 SS by WAR and even if you want to take defense out of it, #8 by wRC+. He's been very productive outside of his slump at the beginning of last year and is worth every dollar he's getting paid

I'm not saying he stinks, but I don't agree that he's been worth what he's been paid. He definitely isn't hitting like the kind of player we expected we'd be getting, which was one of the best shortstops in all of baseball. Maybe bust is a little strong, but I don't think expectations were unrealistic if we were hoping for an all-star shortstop.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying he stinks, but I don't agree that he's been worth what he's been paid. He definitely isn't hitting like the kind of player we expected we'd be getting, which was one of the best shortstops in all of baseball. Maybe bust is a little strong, but I don't think expectations were unrealistic if we were hoping for an all-star shortstop.
I guess what I'm saying is if you wanted a clear cut best SS in baseball I can see being disappointed. If you wanted one of the best 4 or 5 SS's in baseball that's what you're getting right now. I have no complaints other than maybe hoping for a few more HRs

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I guess what I'm saying is if you wanted a clear cut best SS in baseball I can see being disappointed. If you wanted one of the best 4 or 5 SS's in baseball that's what you're getting right now. I have no complaints other than maybe hoping for a few more HRs

I expected him to be in that tier with Correa, Turner, Seager, etc. of one of the best shortstops in the game, or at least close to that tier if he's not quite on that level. Maybe that was unfair of me but that was what I expected when we got him.

Reaction Score
I expected him to be in that tier with Correa, Turner, Seager, etc. of one of the best shortstops in the game, or at least close to that tier if he's not quite on that level. Maybe that was unfair of me but that was what I expected when we got him.
Yeah that's what I'm saying too, that's not unfair. He's in that tier right now with how he's playing, right on par with them in the advanced and traditional stats

Lindor: 1.2 WAR, 112 wRC+, .238/.332/.387
Correa: 0.6 WAR, 116 wRC+, .268/.339/.384
Turner: 1.0 WAR, 120 wRC+, .289/.352/.409
Seager: 1.3 WAR, 120 wRC+, .245/.315/.430

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member