The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah that's what I'm saying too, that's not unfair. He's in that tier right now with how he's playing, right on par with them in the advanced and traditional stats

Lindor: 1.2 WAR, 112 wRC+, .238/.332/.387
Correa: 0.6 WAR, 116 wRC+, .268/.339/.384
Turner: 1.0 WAR, 120 wRC+, .289/.352/.409
Seager: 1.3 WAR, 120 wRC+, .245/.315/.430

I'd be interested to see what is causing his WAR to be so high --looking at his defensive stats, it looks like he's been below average there, and his bat has been ok not great.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Are we all afraid of jinxing this?

Nimmo and Jankowski go down with injuries, and we get Nick Plummer?

McNeil keeps finding the holes. Marte is unstoppable.

Lindor producing; Canha keeps doing just about everything well.

Pitching holding down the fort until Scherzer and Jake return?

Are we just feasting on the badness of the NL East? Phillies' defense was atrocious, and Nats are just plain terrible.

Will we have a rude awakening when we travel to CA to play the Dodgers, Padres and Angels?

10.5 games is a nice cushion irrespective.

I kinda wish I blew off work today to head to Citi. Perfect day for a ball game.

Reaction Score

Are we just feasting on the badness of the NL East? Phillies' defense was atrocious, and Nats are just plain terrible.

Will we have a rude awakening when we travel to CA to play the Dodgers, Padres and Angels?

I kinda wish I blew off work today to head to Citi. Perfect day for a ball game.
I'm not afraid of jinxing anything.

Success starts at the top and Uncle Stevie has given us parole from the years of prison sentence served under the Wilpons. He's shown he is dedicated to helping us get in a position to succeed. Then the confidence and attitude under Buck is different than with others and noticeable. When you look at where Rojas and Callaway are after leaving the Mets....then look at what a guy like Buck has done to this point? The leadership has the foundation in place with this team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not afraid of jinxing anything.

Success starts at the top and Uncle Stevie has given us parole from the years of prison sentence served under the Wilpons. He's shown he is dedicated to helping us get in a position to succeed. Then the confidence and attitude under Buck is different than with others and noticeable. When you look at where Rojas and Callaway are after leaving the Mets....then look at what a guy like Buck has done to this point? The leadership has the foundation in place with this team.
Agreed that Uncle $teve's purse strings have made the improvements possible, but as you note, it took Buck's experience to make a difference. Last season was a clusterfark and it feels totally different with Buck now. Funny how we don't hear from Sandy much any more, either, because Buck has it under control.

Gelbs was talking about it during the pregame the other day, how Buck has every player, from the stars on down, buying in to believing that they can make a difference every game, every play. And it shows in the results because there is a different hero every game it seems. He also mentioned how Buck has treated the middle relievers with respect and stressed how important they each are to the team in every game.

Tough stretch coming up and I don't expect to be sweeping or even winning each one of the series on this West Coast swing because the competition will be much better, but we've got a nice cushion to play with. I'll be happy to split with the Dodgers and win at least the Padres or Angels series.

Coming home to the Brewers won't be much of a break though. It's a good thing we swept the last two series!

Reaction Score
My semi realistic wish list? 5-5.

Split 2-2 with the Dodgers
Lose 2-1 to the Padres
Beat the Angels 2-1 and drum Thor in under 4 IP

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Shame on me for not mentioning Guillorme. Especially after declaring my love for him last season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was gutty.

As I said going in, I’ll take the split from that team in that park.

Reaction Score
That was gutty.

As I said going in, I’ll take the split from that team in that park.

And going down 0-2 with the bats shut down. And with MVPete leading the way last night.

I want a piece of that team with Jake and Max now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And going down 0-2 with the bats shut down. And with MVPete leading the way last night.

I want a piece of that team with Jake and Max now.
The fact that we are 5-0 in extra innings and currently hold the best record in the NL without either of them is kinda nuts.

And with no McCann, Jankowski injured, Lindor and Nimmo nursing injuries.

That Dodgers team is no joke. We’ll need Jake and Max to get past them if we get to the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Was listening to Alonso after he homered off Walker Buehler saying that Buehler "ate his lunch" when they were younger in big spots in college and he made a commitment to himself that he wasn't going to let that happen again. Right now, he's 5 for 14 (.357) with 4 HRs against him in the bigs.

Add to that how hard he clearly works on his defense since coming up and it's just so hard not to love this kid. Does the right things, says the right things, has swag but is also humble. Make him the Captain now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was listening to Alonso after he homered off Walker Buehler saying that Buehler "ate his lunch" when they were younger in big spots in college and he made a commitment to himself that he wasn't going to let that happen again. Right now, he's 5 for 14 (.357) with 4 HRs against him in the bigs.

Add to that how hard he clearly works on his defense since coming up and it's just so hard not to love this kid. Does the right things, says the right things, has swag but is also humble. Make him the Captain now.
His throwing still needs to improve, but yeah he's improved his defense a lot and he's easy to root for.

And karmically, he always seems to make up for his errors.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The fact that we are 5-0 in extra innings and currently hold the best record in the NL without either of them is kinda nuts.

And with no McCann, Jankowski injured, Lindor and Nimmo nursing injuries.

That Dodgers team is no joke. We’ll need Jake and Max to get past them if we get to the playoffs.

Yeah that was (hopefully) a fun NLCS preview. Give me deGrom and Scherzer starting 4 of the 7 games and I like our odds.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Escobar and JD were the only two starters struggling to get going and now both of them are hitting. This should be a really fun summer.

Also, we split with the Dodgers and won the first game with the Padres (whose lineup without Tatis does not scare me). Forget 5-5, I want to leave the west coast with a winning record on this road trip. The Angels are absolutely free falling right now so we've got an opportunity to do some real damage here the next 5 games.

Reaction Score
X-Rays on Pete's hand were negative, so that's good...but he couldn't grip anything or clench a fist. And it's not often you see someone get hit and immediately walk off the field like that, especially a big tough guy like him. Hoping for a few games but fearing a couple weeks and hopefully nothing that lingers on. I remember hearing the hands are the most important thing for a hitter and if they're not healthy, the whole thing falls apart.

Assume he's out a few weeks. JD Davis as the full time 1B? Do they have to bring Dom back up? I don't even know how often they can bring him up/down based on his contract and tenure. The ESPN depth chart at first has Escobar/McNeil/Nido/Davis behind Pete.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
X-Rays on Pete's hand were negative, so that's good...but he couldn't grip anything or clench a fist. And it's not often you see someone get hit and immediately walk off the field like that, especially a big tough guy like him. Hoping for a few games but fearing a couple weeks and hopefully nothing that lingers on. I remember hearing the hands are the most important thing for a hitter and if they're not healthy, the whole thing falls apart.

Assume he's out a few weeks. JD Davis as the full time 1B? Do they have to bring Dom back up? I don't even know how often they can bring him up/down based on his contract and tenure. The ESPN depth chart at first has Escobar/McNeil/Nido/Davis behind Pete.
Buck didn't sound too optimistic about a quick return for him or Marte last night. I expect there will be additional imaging today to rule out a fracture. I'm not concerned about whether Pete competes in the HR Derby or not, but I'm sure he is because he really seems to enjoy it.

Davis is serviceable there for a while; better than I expected he'd be. Good question about Dom. They said last night that he appeared to be making better contact in Syracuse. I'd like to see him back up if possible; seems like he could be the next guy up who snaps out of his struggles.

Really hope Marte's injury is minor. We need to finish this road trip strong.

Reaction Score

They could theoretically bring Dom back up, you have to stay down 10 days but can be called back up sooner if someone is placed on the IL. I'd rather just roll with Davis though, there's a very large sample size now that shows Dom is just not a major league hitter

Reaction Score
Sure would be nice to have deGrom, Max, Bassitt, Carrasco and Walker with our full lineup in the field.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Glad we have the day off today; hopefully Pete and Marte will be back tomorrow.

Hope the Angels pick up a win tonight. Don’t love the idea of facing a team on a 15-game losing streak. A sweep would be nice but I’ll settle for just winning the series.

Reaction Score
Syndergaard opting for an extra day of rest instead of facing the Mets Sunday? What a pu-ssy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom