The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
How good has Drew Smith been? Between him, Lugo, and Diaz, we're in great shape in the late innings.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Im not going to sleep well at night until I know @8893 is 100% in and ready to have his heart ripped from his chest again. LFGM!
Sleep well, my friend. I am all in, and ready.
How good has Drew Smith been? Between him, Lugo, and Diaz, we're in great shape in the late innings.
How good has Dom Smith been in the past few games?!?

Reaction Score
Thank god I tuned in starting in the 8th…mainly because I had a Mets hits parlay with 2/4 legs done and wanted to see if it would come in…boy did it!

Biggest comeback win in 25 years. Loving this team this year!

EC72067A-7249-4FF9-8853-438999C15B45.jpeg

Reaction Score
You think anyone is still sore about cutting Cano?
Was anyone sore about that? I’m just glad the Wilpons don’t own the team anymore because I can’t see them eating the ~37m he was still owed.

Reaction Score
Is this the new norm? Roll into a visiting park, get 6 strong from any starter, timely hitting, tough AB's and a pretty easy 4-2 win on a Monday night? I didn't worry a stitch last night after the 6th.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is this the new norm? Roll into a visiting park, get 6 strong from any starter, timely hitting, tough AB's and a pretty easy 4-2 win on a Monday night? I didn't worry a stitch last night after the 6th.
Last night was such a complete team effort that it was a joy to watch.

Buck seems to have them all bought in on staying focused and doing all the little things right. I think they genuinely like being around him because he is such a wealth of knowledge and insight, and a steadying force. I love watching Scherzer and him chatting during the games. Each of their intensity seems to amuse and calm the other one.

Reaction Score
Last night was such a complete team effort that it was a joy to watch.

Buck seems to have them all bought in on staying focused and doing all the little things right. I think they genuinely like being around him because he is such a wealth of knowledge and insight, and a steadying force. I love watching Scherzer and him chatting during the games. Each of their intensity seems to amuse and calm the other one.
Ronnie LOVES how Scherzer and Bassitt break down their starts in the dugout with each other. And last night Keith mentioned how, when people aren't starting they're very engaged and talking in the dugout to each other and that's a GREAT sign of a real good team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ronnie LOVES how Scherzer and Bassitt break down their starts in the dugout with each other. And last night Keith mentioned how, when people aren't starting they're very engaged and talking in the dugout to each other and that's a GREAT sign of a real good team.
I've been listening to the "Mets in the Morning" podcast occasionally on my drive in, and today he mentioned how crazy it is that Carrasco has been relegated to a number four on this squad, which really shows the strength of the starting rotation even without Jake deWho.

They did a nice job on the postgame last night showing Nimmo running in from the on-deck circle and getting down on the ground to help direct Escobar as he was sliding into home. Perfect example of one of the little things these guys are doing automatically now.

The relay from McNeil for the put out at home was also thing of beauty, as were McCann's put out on the steal, and another solid and confident close from Sugar (aided by that sweet game-ending DP).

Hope we get another strong one from Cy-lor tonight.

Reaction Score
Curious to see what Cy-lor/Big Drip does in his next couple starts. The HR was his Achilles heel last year and he's starting to get bitten by it again. Does Buck, Hefner and the Scherzer/Bassit type mentoring help him dig out of it where maybe the Rojas regime and guys like Thor/Stroman weren't very helpful in situations like this?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Who did the Mets almost get from the Sox for him? Bogarts, right? What a downfall.
I don’t know that there were ever real talks, but from what I recall the talks were Harvey for Betts…

Reaction Score
I don’t know that there were ever real talks, but from what I recall the talks were Harvey for Betts…
I did some googling and it was Betts. Allegedly the Red Sox offered him for Harvey in a one for one swap and Sandy obviously declined it. That’s a depressing what could have been.

Reaction Score
I did some googling and it was Betts. Allegedly the Red Sox offered him for Harvey in a one for one swap and Sandy obviously declined it. That’s a depressing what could have been.
Wow. That would have been an all time level blunder by the Sox if they pulled the trigger on that one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom