The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is it 7:20 yet?!?
Ny Mets Sport GIF by New York Mets

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
How close is Baty to stealing Escobars job right now?

I think if he doesn't fall flat on his face it's his. You can tell he's going to be a really good hitter, his approach right now is better than about half of the guys on our team.

Reaction Score
I think the 3B job against righties already is, replacing Guillorme. Still think Escobar plays against lefties this year since he's actually been good against them, but next year could see Baty getting a full time chance next year

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Naquin with the platinum sombrero last night. And Perez was some pick up.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I think if he doesn't fall flat on his face it's his. You can tell he's going to be a really good hitter, his approach right now is better than about half of the guys on our team.

I think the 3B job against righties already is, replacing Guillorme. Still think Escobar plays against lefties this year since he's actually been good against them, but next year could see Baty getting a full time chance next year
It’s been pretty storybook so far. It’s impossible not to love the kid; looks and sounds like he’s from central casting, and these are the types of stories they will love to play up even more during the post-season. I find myself smiling automatically whenever I see him speak because his attitude is contagious, and I’ve been impressed with his maturity in the field as well. He didn’t get down when he couldn’t come up with that grounder the other night, and I thought he made a good choice not to attempt a throw last night when he grabbed that ball in foul territory.

That said, he’s definitely weaker and more tentative in the field than either Escobar or Guiilorme, and that will have to factor into playing decisions. Obviously a much better hitter than Escobar and more of a threat than Guillorme, but I could see him at DH or pinch hitting frequently down the stretch even if he is not starting every day once they are both healthy. The question is going to be who goes down if we have all three of them active.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It’s been pretty storybook so far. It’s impossible not to love the kid; looks and sounds like he’s from central casting, and these are the types of stories they will love to play up even more during the post-season. I find myself smiling automatically whenever I see him speak because his attitude is contagious, and I’ve been impressed with his maturity in the field as well. He didn’t get down when he couldn’t come up with that grounder the other night, and I thought he made a good choice not to attempt a throw last night when he grabbed that ball in foul territory.

That said, he’s definitely weaker and more tentative in the field than either Escobar or Guiilorme, and that will have to factor into playing decisions. Obviously a much better hitter than Escobar and more of a threat than Guillorme, but I could see him at DH or pinch hitting frequently down the stretch even if he is not starting every day once they are both healthy. The question is going to be who goes down if we have all three of them active.

By the time Escobar and Guillorme are back, the rosters will have expanded to 28 so it won't be a question until the postseason. It will remain to be seen what happens then.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was a very satisfying win.

Let’s get another one tonight.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
That was a very satisfying win.

Let’s get another one tonight.
Yes. Stole one with Wheeler pitching. Peterson gonna go deep tonight? Sweep these

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looking like a rain out today and double header tomorrow.

I'm also guessing that Buck will pitch Walker in the second game instead of deGrom if Walker is good to go.

Reaction Score

I'm also guessing that Buck will pitch Walker in the second game instead of deGrom if Walker is good to go.
They could bring back Gary Gentry and still get a sweep versus these bats! :oops:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

From what I've seen the scattered showers will become more scattered later in the day, so we should have a decent chance to get this game in.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Of all the craziness of yesterday, Canha's quote about Nate Fisher--who is an incredible story himself--is my favorite thing:

“I didn’t even know who this guy was when he came into the game today,” Canha said of a pitcher who before Sunday had only a temporary locker outside the visitors clubhouse at Citizens Bank Park. “He did a hell of a job for us.”

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Except the Yanks won't hit a good pitcher. Other than that you never know I guess.
Well it looks like you'll get Walker instead of deGrom tomorrow night.

Reaction Score

I spent a lot of time in Philly for work and took a lot of heat. I was told horror stories of Mets fans wearing Mets gear to those games back then. Don't think for a second I didn't send that clip over to a few folks....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom