The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was in Saratoga all weekend at the races and wore my Mets hat both days. I've never had the amount of people yell "Go Mets" or something similar like they did this weekend. There's a definite vibe right now.

And when the bugler played the Diaz Timmy Trumpet/Narco entrance song in the concourse, there was a mini-roar. Good times to be a Mets fan.
I had my youngest daughter and oldest daughter and her boyfriend with me at the game yesterday. They've all been to plenty of games before but I can see that they are enjoying the experience a lot more because of the good vibe right now. The stairways were bellowing with "Let's Go Mets!" chants on the way out, and then the 7 train--complete with a healthy amount of drunk and happy fans--was a whole 'nother level--especially the good-natured ribbing of the handful of Phillies fans who were unfortunate enough to be in the same subway car.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Guillorme to the IL with groin strain. Expected to miss 3-4 weeks.

Damn. Tough timing given the Braves-Phils-Yankees series these next two weeks.

Reaction Score
Would have been the perfect chance to call up Baty since Escobar can't swing a bat either. Guess it's gonna be Katoh

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Would have been the perfect chance to call up Baty since Escobar can't swing a bat either. Guess it's gonna be Katoh
Yeah I don’t get the reluctance to bring up Baty.

Gotta trust in Buck though.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t get the reluctance to bring up Baty.

Gotta trust in Buck though.
Sounds like they wanted a guy who could play the middle infield positions. Wouldn't have been what I prioritized but I guess I can see it since there's no SS backup without Guillorme

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sounds like they wanted a guy who could play the middle infield positions. Wouldn't have been what I prioritized but I guess I can see it since there's no SS backup without Guillorme
Yep, that makes sense.

Reaction Score
do the clubs still delay bringing up minor league players to delay their service time a la George Springer III to delay eligibility for arbitration?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's called the "bandwagon".
1660658983949.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If the playoffs started tomorrow, I’d have Walker as the odd man out of the starting rotation. These early inning hits/runs in bunches are killers.
Carrasco oblique strain; out 3-4 weeks.

This means Walker is now the fourth starter (fingers crossed for a good start from him tonight), Peterson comes back as the fifth man, and they will probably have to use Trevor Williams for the double-header this weekend.

If Walker is on, that's still a very good four-man rotation, but it starts to get thin and also weaken the bullpen after that.

Unless, of course, Darin Ruf is going to be a regular feature now, after his standout performance last night...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok, if Walker is hurt, now we got some issues.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Pressure was on the Braves to win the first two with Scherzer and deGrom going the last two against Odorizzi and most likely a rookie making his MLB debut. As long as we don't lose the next two we'll be fine. A 3.5 game lead with our September schedule and only 3 more total against the Braves puts us in good shape moving forward, and if we can take both then we'll be right back up to a 5.5 game lead and in the driver's seat for the division.

Reaction Score
Pressure was on the Braves to win the first two with Scherzer and deGrom going the last two against Odorizzi and most likely a rookie making his MLB debut. As long as we don't lose the next two we'll be fine. A 3.5 game lead with our September schedule and only 3 more total against the Braves puts us in good shape moving forward, and if we can take both then we'll be right back up to a 5.5 game lead and in the driver's seat for the division.
At the end of the day, I know you're right. Seeing guys like Morrero, Perez, Alvarez and Nogosek on the field after the debacle Monday night has me in a funk though. Need a statement tonight and tomorrow and I'm hoping the rain doesn't screw with that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At the end of the day, I know you're right. Seeing guys like Morrero, Perez, Alvarez and Nogosek on the field after the debacle Monday night has me in a funk though. Need a statement tonight and tomorrow and I'm hoping the rain doesn't screw with that.
Have no fear: I have the Scherzer souvenir cup from my daughter's $8.95 Shirley Temple on Sunday, and I will drinking out of it tonight for the game. The kids were freaking out about his eyes, saying that he looked deranged. I said "Exactly!"

Reaction Score
Brett Baty makes me no longer hate being a Mets fan. #yagottabelieve

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Brett Baty makes me no longer hate being a Mets fan. #yagottabelieve
I had a premonition about him hitting a HR in his first at-bat around 7:00 tonight. That was so great. Loved watching his family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom