The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
either way it’s a good start for next year. Desperately need to add a real cf and turn domnsmith into a Better fitting asset

Reaction Score
Re-sign Wheeler, sign Puig or Ozuna, get some bullpen help and that's a playoff team next year

the Q

Reaction Score
Re-sign Wheeler, sign Puig or Ozuna, get some bullpen help and that's a playoff team next year

Neither of those guys solves a major problem in the OF.

Need a true cf imo. I’d be curious to see a jbj trade for the Mets. Red Sox are going to slash some payroll.

Reaction Score
Neither of those guys solves a major problem in the OF.

Need a true cf imo. I’d be curious to see a jbj trade for the Mets. Red Sox are going to slash some payroll.
I'm more than fine with Conforto in CF though. Want absolutely nothing to do with JBJ and there's no good CF who's a FA. JBJ is just another Juan Lagares clone.

Corner OF or 3B (with McNeil or Davis filling the other one) is the logical add for the big bat they need. Those types are out there in FA this year

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm more than fine with Conforto in CF though. Want absolutely nothing to do with JBJ and there's no good CF who's a FA. JBJ is just another Juan Lagares clone.

Corner OF or 3B (with McNeil or Davis filling the other one) is the logical add for the big bat they need. Those types are out there in FA this year

The metrics show he’s awful in center.

There is also the trade market. But that’s just a major hole that needs to get fixed.

Reaction Score
The metrics show he’s awful in center.

There is also the trade market. But that’s just a major hole that needs to get fixed.
Yeah the metrics aren't good but I'd still take that 100 times out of 100 over another black hole in the lineup with good defense

the Q

Reaction Score
Yeah the metrics aren't good but I'd still take that 100 times out of 100 over another black hole in the lineup with good defense

what are your assumptions for Rosario and Cespedes in your plans?

Reaction Score
what are your assumptions for Rosario and Cespedes in your plans?
I like Rosario, have some confidence in him as the starting SS now after his good 2nd half. Cespedes might as well not exist, they shouldn't count on anything from him. Anything they get from him is a bonus

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
classic mets not allowed to have nice things

the Q

Reaction Score
Dom Smith to CF is the most Mets move ever.

Reaction Score
Dom Smith to CF is the most Mets move ever.
He will never get a jump on the ball. Balls will go over his head, between his legs and possibly right thru him!

Reaction Score
Other than the two WS wins, is Alonso’s homer tonight the third best moment in Mets history? 4th?

Santana’s no hitter? Piazzas post 9/11 HR?

It’s gotta be top 5, no?

Reaction Score
Other than the two WS wins, is Alonso’s homer tonight the third best moment in Mets history? 4th?

It’s gotta be top 5, no?
I think it's outside the top 5 probably, but barely. WS wins are top 2, I'd probably put Piazza 9/11 HR, Endy's catch in 2006, Johan no hitter ahead too

Reaction Score

It’s gotta be top 5, no?

Reaction Score
I think it's outside the top 5 probably, but barely. WS wins are top 2, I'd probably put Piazza 9/11 HR, Endy's catch in 2006, Johan no hitter ahead too

No doubt a top 10. Top 6.
I don’t think it gets a top 5 but I can see it replacing Endy’s catch and moving in there.

Reaction Score
I thought of Endy's catch, but a) it was a moment, not a moment that was a culmination of a bigger thing and b) they didn't win the WS. I think it's a highlight.

Reaction Score
Great finish to the season. They never gave up and ran hard through the finish line tape. Starting pitching is not a concern. Lineup is not a concern. Address the bullpen and fine tune some areas and I'm excited for pitchers and catchers to report.

I feel a little like the Huskies in 1998 losing to NC in NC. They were gonna win, it was just a year away. I think this group is moving in the right direction.

the Q

Reaction Score
Great finish to the season. They never gave up and ran hard through the finish line tape. Starting pitching is not a concern. Lineup is not a concern. Address the bullpen and fine tune some areas and I'm excited for pitchers and catchers to report.

I feel a little like the Huskies in 1998 losing to NC in NC. They were gonna win, it was just a year away. I think this group is moving in the right direction.

I’m not sure what the Mets budget looks likes for next year. But that will depend how they fix those problems.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m not sure what the Mets budget looks likes for next year. But that will depend how they fix those problems.
I think they should trade Thor and try to re-sign Wheeler, depending on the price. Otherwise throw everything they have at the bullpen. That's really the only glaring need.

Reaction Score
I think they should trade Thor and try to re-sign Wheeler, depending on the price. Otherwise throw everything they have at the bullpen. That's really the only glaring need.
I think Thor is good as gone. There were some rumors from Boston about a Benitendi swap, would be very on board with that. Rotation of deGrom, Wheeler, Stroman, Matz, FA should be very good still

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No doubt a top 10. Top 6.
I don’t think it gets a top 5 but I can see it replacing Endy’s catch and moving in there.

Johan's no-no was tainted. It gets on a list because it was the only one in Mets history, but it's only a no-no due to the official scorer.

Maybe because I was at the game, but Todd Pratt's HR to send the Mets to the NLCS in '99 deserves mention at least as far as moments in past 25 years. Even sitting in LF, we couldn't tell if Finley caught it or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom