The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
@Deepster i think i know the next person to be strung up when UConn basketball returns to their rightful place.

This is weak sauce. Every team has a few contracts on it that they regret signing. This has been a really fun team to follow, especially the entire 2nd half. Alonso, McNeil, JD Davis, Rosario, Conforto, deGrom, Lugo, Ramos' streak. I'm pumped for next season already.

To try and make it seem like a failure is a half-hearted attempt at best on Whaler11's part.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is weak sauce. Every team has a few contracts on it that they regret signing. This has been a really fun team to follow, especially the entire 2nd half. Alonso, McNeil, JD Davis, Rosario, Conforto, deGrom, Lugo, Ramos' streak. I'm pumped for next season already.

To try and make it seem like a failure is a half-hearted attempt at best on Whaler11's part.
The better criticism is that very few of their bright spots are players for whom BVW is responsible. And I'm not sold on playing Davis at third next season unless he works his ass off becoming a better fielder.

I will credit him for solving the catcher position for now, as that was one of my biggest gripes for the prior few seasons.

Other than the bullpen, we really don't appear to have a lot of other glaring needs for next season.

Reaction Score
The better criticism is that very few of their bright spots are players for whom BVW is responsible. And I'm not sold on playing Davis at third next season unless he works his ass off becoming a better fielder.

I will credit him for solving the catcher position for now, as that was one of my biggest gripes for the prior few seasons.

Other than the bullpen, we really don't appear to have a lot of other glaring needs for next season.

The lineup is tough and that's without Nimmo, Cano or Lowrie contributing anything.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The lineup is tough and that's without Nimmo, Cano or Lowrie contributing anything.
And don't forget Cespedes!

Will we ever see him play again?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yeah that’s the whole point. Dupester was crowing about BVW and he took a winning hand and turned it into a loser.

Only in Mets land is being .500 with that rotation and those young stars not a failure. They are going to end up 15 games worse than the Rays and A’s because they are owned by losers who employ losers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah that’s the whole point. Dupester was crowing about BVW and he took a winning hand and turned it into a loser.

Only in Mets land is being .500 with that rotation and those young stars not a failure. They are going to end up 15 games worse than the Rays and A’s because they are owned by losers who employ losers.
Yes, but I may still win my prediction:

Reaction Score
I don't understand the JD Davis hate. Just screams of wanting to hate Brodie

Reaction Score

You can cherry pick whatever you want. You want to name 2 franchises that are dramatically outplaying their small payrolls? That's fine.

The Angels payroll is higher than the Mets. They're 65-73.
The Red Sox are 3 games better than the Mets. Their payroll is 228m compared to 158m.
The Giants have 66 wins. 173m payroll.

Where the Mets order and rotation are and how they played in the 2nd half have me looking positive at the near future. Sorry you just want to piss on everyone's shoes every day on every topic that you know more about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can cherry pick whatever you want. You want to name 2 franchises that are dramatically outplaying their small payrolls? That's fine.

The Angels payroll is higher than the Mets. They're 65-73.
The Red Sox are 3 games better than the Mets. Their payroll is 228m compared to 158m.
The Giants have 66 wins. 173m payroll.

Where the Mets order and rotation are and how they played in the 2nd half have me looking positive at the near future. Sorry you just want to piss on everyone's shoes every day on every topic that you know more about.

Yeah the Angels are a disgrace - at least you get that.

You are an arrogrant blowhard - you were 100% wrong about BVW and instead of admitting it you continue to double down.

You can’t even put the schedule in context - comprehending how to build a winning team is way beyond you.

Too bad they didn’t hire Bloom - he actually knows what he is doing.

Reaction Score
Yeah the Angels are a disgrace - at least you get that.

You are an arrogrant blowhard - you were 100% wrong about BVW and instead of admitting it you continue to double down.

You can’t even put the schedule in context - comprehending how to build a winning team is way beyond you.

Too bad they didn’t hire Bloom - he actually knows what he is doing.

They had 70 wins in 2017. 77 wins in 2018. They have 70 right now with 25 games left. If they won half of them, they'd end with 82-83 wins. But I'm arrogant and I don't know anything. They're not headed in the right direction. You know it all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They had 70 wins in 2017. 77 wins in 2018. They have 70 right now with 25 games left. If they won half of them, they'd end with 82-83 wins. But I'm arrogant and I don't know anything. They're not headed in the right direction. You know it all.

lol you are singing a new tune.

hopefully your dopey gm doesnt trade alonso for a reliever.

you ready to thank sandy yet?

Reaction Score

Hah I reread it and see why you read it that way. I meant you should string him up.

Reaction Score

The guy can hit and has definitely been a plus for BVW but he needs to get better in the field otherwise he’d have more value in the AL.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't hate him but I hate his fielding and have from day one (look upthread for evidence of that). His hitting in the second half has definitely improved and could change the equation, but sloppy defense still drives me nuts. I just hate giving up hits and runs with obvious weaknesses that other teams can exploit easily, and he has been a defensive liability.

It's the same basic reason our catching woes with d'Arnaud drove me nuts for years. He couldn't throw anyone out, so every walk or base hit usually ended up with a runner instantly in scoring position. Like Davis, the thinking there was that d'Arnaud's bat would offset his defensive weakness, but with d'Arnaud's injuries it never worked out that way. IMO you have to have a hitter like Piazza if you want to settle for a poor defensive catcher.

Davis is still young so I don't know if anyone knows what to expect from him in terms of his ability to improve as a fielder, but I'm not optimistic after what I've seen this season. He just seems to have very poor fielding instincts. But if he's going to hit .300+ I'm willing to have a little more patience.

Reaction Score
Yeah I guess you guys care about defense more than me, I would take 8 Davis' on the team if I could. Don't care 1 bit about defense if you can hit.

If Davis hits .300 with 30 HRs he needs to play every day, full stop. Whether it's in LF or 3B if they sign an Ozuna type

Reaction Score
lol you are singing a new tune.

hopefully your dopey gm doesnt trade alonso for a reliever.

you ready to thank sandy yet?

lol. You're a try hard. And it's not working.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen's call to go for it at trade deadline was the right one

"But for now, we get to watch the above group push for the next month while giving us something to be excited about. At the same time, win or lose, Van Wagenen has shown faith in his current players while positioning himself as a man for whom other free agents will want to play."

Suck it, Whaler11.

lol nothing like going all in and missing the wild card by a half dozen games.

what a genius!

if the network the mets OWN thinks it’s smart it must be!

i clicked on your link so they are one cent closer to paying off cano

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
uconnhuskies.com: edsall is smart buy ur tix
giants.com: this pat shurmur guy is awesome
napoleon.fa: big win at waterloo!
pinto.ford.com: check out this sweet ride yo

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SNY: The Mets are gonna totally get free agents! 2020 season tickets on sale!

Reaction Score
Up 4-1 on the Nats in DC with Scherzer on the mound. Panik with a 2 run HR. Excuse me for liking this team, Whaler11. lol

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Up 4-1 on the Nats in DC with Scherzer on the mound. Panik with a 2 run HR. Excuse me for liking this team, Whaler11. lol

lol you’ve created some pretty sweet strawmen bro.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey. Maybe they're not "a half dozen games out of the wild card" like you supposedly know.....

i predicted that is where they will finish. maybe you just cant read?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom