The Official 2015 Yankees Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Yankees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess not. Going down like dead puppies on offense and the pitching is tired.

Im not saying it would work they gotta try something anything they look totally dead. Gomez is an idiot but Girardi needs to be concerned about his own team, and there is no use in hoping the Jays lose were not catching the Jays as far as I'm concerned they have already won the AL East I know I sound like a bad fan but I'm just calling it like it is. I could see us having good pitching in the playoffs but the lineup coming up with nothing against great pitching. When the Yankees were streaking Arod and Tex were both on fire hitting home runs left and right that wasn't gonna last. The Yankees are have what I call video game offense you just can't win they way in the playoffs, that is if they make it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
In year's past I always felt the Yankees would find a way to win (even if they were 13 games out). I don't feel that this year. The bats are tiring and they remain short on starting pitchers. Felt like they were held together with smoke & mirrors and it is now showing.
But I'm still hoping.

Reaction Score
Girardi has to show more trust in Severino. 88 pitches and he is cruising through 6 innings and he pinch hits for him. Let him go into the seventh for the first time, it almost cost them tonight.

Reaction Score
Girardi has to show more trust in Severino. 88 pitches and he is cruising through 6 innings and he pinch hits for him. Let him go into the seventh for the first time, it almost cost them tonight.

Girardi was awful last night especially in that spot. First base open and now we're going to play the "ARod pinch hit" card? How stupid was that you know they're walking him? Severino hit the ball hard and our bullpen isn't exactly lighting it up so he needed to let him hit and pitch the 7th, I agree.

Reaction Score
They may have left a few on the field last night - will get about 2 hits off of ERod in Boston tonight. Weird hitting team aren't they? Big series already for the Yanks but the matches aren't great. Nova has been nibbling too much and Pineida looked dreadful his first start back. We will see, this is the time for them to make or break their season. Toronto is hotter than horse piss, don't think our boys can win the division but never know.

Reaction Score
Happy and amazed. It seems like every time I'm ready to see the slide they rebound somehow. I'm good with that.

You would sign up for this before the season started. As long as I don't have expectations then I won't be disappointed in the end result.

Reaction Score
Right back at it leaving baserunners on like mad. Then again let's play Ryan who is 3 for his last 33 vs Drew who was 4-4 last night? C'mon Joe start pushing the right buttons again WTF

Reaction Score
Here's where the Yanks lose the game, really simple. Base hit to center by Gregorious in the 3rd I believe with bases loaded and like the first inning, we're going to go one base at a time. They showed an angle from near the plate where Headley is running from 2nd and he's already at 3rd and Mookie is just getting the ball in CF. #rd base coach needs to, HAS TO, score him or at the very least try to score him on that play. You have Ryan coming up who is an absolute human out and shouldn't be playing, coming up next. Would they quite fn playing one base at a time and run a little. I mean Ellsbury and Gardener have 35 SB's on the year combined. Joe is holding this team back playing like little girls. That's not Roberto Clemente or Jesse Barfield in CF score Headley have some balls for once. One run each inning with bases loaded no outs (twice) and bases loaded 1 out. Also the ump killed them in the 9th as that pitch was not even close to Beltran for ball four and bases loaded no one out is better than 1st and 2nd 1 out by far. No matter they just couldn't come up with a big hit but it certainly helped ERod to see Ryan twice in those situations - send him packing please.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
8th inning, held Didi up at third also. They (Sox) have good arms in the outfield but you need a near perfect play to catch them. If you score one out of three you're ahead of the game.

Reaction Score
If I remember the 8th inning play right, Castillo had the ball around the time Didi was just getting to third.
didi didn't get a good read in the ball off the bat he would have been thrown out probably. And after JBJ already threw a guy out a the plate, the third base coach may not have wanted to take another risk.

Reaction Score
If I remember the 8th inning play right, Castillo had the ball around the time Didi was just getting to third.
didi didn't get a good read in the ball off the bat he would have been thrown out probably. And after JBJ already threw a guy out a the plate, the third base coach may not have wanted to take another risk.

Yeah think he was dead there bad read. But also good arms int heir OF makes it tough. While JBJ has a good arm let's not make that throw on Bird's anything more than what it was. It was Little League distance off a solid line drive from Ellsbury, shouldn't have been running most people even Bernie Williams can make a throw from 210.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, I remembered the replay after I posted. Didi was just arriving at third. My bad.

Good win tonight. Damn BJs snuck out another win.

Reaction Score
Have you guys noticed how painfully obvious a good change up pitcher has control over the Yanks line up? I mean this could be one of the worst lineups ever vs a solid change I've ever seen. I mean I know they guess in the ML's hell everyone does, but they never guess right. They never sit on change and leave the fastball as a pitch to battle off. Another one tonight in Owens, hope they make me eat crow but I doubt it as long as he can throw it for strikes.

Reaction Score
Seriously though the check swing was 50-50, he turned a little which made it look worst and even the 1st base ump gave it the fist. As a fan if it were me I'd be unhappy too.

But the slide was just awful by Mookie on the other. Somehow everything does even up.

I have a serious question though and understand you know I hate Papi, I admit it, but I heard it from others today including a customer who's a big fan. His 3 buttons not being buttoned and that huge medallion is a joke don't you think? I mean what's next cut off the sleeves of the uni and throw some sandals on? This guy just makes a mockery of the game all the time and he looks like a slob. It's baseball have some respect.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think off-speed pitchers have been dominating the Yanks for years now.

Reaction Score
I think off-speed pitchers have been dominating the Yanks for years now.

Doesn't it seem that way? Best way to beat the Yankes during to 2000's was to bring up and unknown junker form the minors and he'd throw a freakin gem!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
If only every game can be the third game... elf und Zaehlen! (eleven and counting)

Reaction Score
Turned out to be more Pawtucket vs Scranton by the end. Yikes.

You just have to be thrilled with Didi's improvement over the year. I mean I'll sign up right now for .270 for 10 years at SS with his defensive abilities - he'll be a keeper. Good guy too!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
With all our groaning, we are very fortunate to be doing so well a month from the end of the regular season. We don't have the most talent anymore. The Dodgers outspend us by close to 50%. And the bulk of our payroll is in old players who are over the hill (CC) and old players who were supposed to be over the hill (Tex & A-Rod).
Other than that, our very talented but very often injured center fielder is our only other big ticket item. I'm convinced they overpaid on Els because they wanted to subdue the fans from reacting to losing Cano.
Anyway, I'm happy to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak