The Official 2015 Yankees Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Yankees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Turned out to be more Pawtucket vs Scranton by the end. Yikes.

You just have to be thrilled with Didi's improvement over the year. I mean I'll sign up right now for .270 for 10 years at SS with his defensive abilities - he'll be a keeper. Good guy too!

Totally agree Mau. His offense can even be better than that. But he is worth it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least we know now who has the better fans. Friday night against the Jays, the Yanks only draw 32K. That's less than the Sox drew against the worst team in baseball. Is it still a pennant race if nobody cares enough to show up?

Reaction Score
At least we know now who has the better fans. Friday night against the Jays, the Yanks only draw 32K. That's less than the Sox drew against the worst team in baseball. Is it still a pennant race if nobody cares enough to show up?

Those are happy stats for you congrats on that Waq. Our guys are still playing and I could care less about attendance.

But hey, you have to win something!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

By the way it was the Rays not the Jays. And the more I read this the funnier I find this. I mean you have that kind of time to look at things like that and come to the conclusion that your fans are better?

Maybe Dombrowski can get you back to .500 again sometime in the near future then what you reply will have some meaning until then you and your 35K are irrelevant. Yankee fans for 2 years on here have not even discussed the pathetic play of the Sox but look at what you do? :rolleyes:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE That's less than the Sox drew against the worst team in baseball.[/QUOTE]

Did the Sox play themselves? :rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Als he doesn't make enough money to make the team next year With ARod and Tex where will he play? RF?

Reaction Score
Honestly I've watched a few innings here or there of NY games because I hate them and want them to lose..
And it's amazing how many empty seats there are in NY stadium. Literally there are huge sections that are virtually empty in the bleachers. Whats' going on? The Yankees are in a pennant race and they're surrounded by what, 15 million people and they can't draw more than 25K actual fannies in the seats???
Has this been going on all year?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Honestly I've watched a few innings here or there of NY games because I hate them and want them to lose..
And it's amazing how many empty seats there are in NY stadium. Literally there are huge sections that are virtually empty in the bleachers. Whats' going on? The Yankees are in a pennant race and they're surrounded by what, 15 million people and they can't draw more than 25K actual fannies in the seats???
Has this been going on all year?

Be careful, if you want to be able to comment on the Yankees' attendance, your own team has to be good enough! ;)

Reaction Score
Be careful, if you want to be able to comment on the Yankees' attendance, your own team has to be good enough! ;)
As much as they don't like Boston I'd imagine it's impossible for them to ignore the fact that Yankees fans just aren't going to games. It's amazing how that building is half empty.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
By the way it was the Rays not the Jays. And the more I read this the funnier I find this. I mean you have that kind of time to look at things like that and come to the conclusion that your fans are better?

It took me all of a minute to come up with that. I happened to glance at the Courant sports page and there was that shockingly low figure. In other words, on a Friday night the Yankees barely outdrew UConn-Nova football. Good thing the Stadium doesn't hold 80K anymore.

Reaction Score
It took me all of a minute to come up with that. I happened to glance at the Courant sports page and there was that shockingly low figure. In other words, on a Friday night the Yankees barely outdrew UConn-Nova football. Good thing the Stadium doesn't hold 80K anymore.

It ain't pretty that's for sure! :confused:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You may not understand this, but the past couple of years have been a down time for the Yankees. Were a little spoiled.

Reaction Score
With Ellsbury and Gardner both hitting .267 I think we are on our way to another "down year" as we get the news Evoldi and Texiera down for the rest of the regular season as well. One can only hope they can hold on for the 2nd wild card spot at this point as the offense sputters and the pitching looks really tired even the BP.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Have faith Mau. I'm not feeling winning the east but think we will be a wild card and Tanaka will give us a shot at moving forward.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Bummer. But we knew we had old, injury prone, players but just when I began to believe they would make it through the season they are all falling apart. Bird and our outfielders will need to pick it up.

Reaction Score
Shreve? Nice button Joe. Guys been dreadful the 2nd half of the year, pitiful actually. And he's his choice with the bases loaded?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
At this point, the only thing we have going for us is, at least the collapse isn't as bad as '78. I mean who thought the Yankees were going anywhere at the beginning of the year.

Reaction Score
I don't care about the amount of runs you score its how you score and when you do it. In tight games they fail to get key runs across the board.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
here we go...SUBWAY SERIES:

Friday: Mas Tanaka v. Steven Matz
Saturday: Empinada v. Thor
Sunday: CC Sabathia v. The Dark Knight

Looking forward to tonight.

and in case you forgot...the Bird is the word.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think we will need some hitting from our outfielders in this NL series.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
...and Elsberry and McCann are sitting.

And we knew ARod was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics