The Official 2015 Yankees Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Yankees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
1B prospect Doug Bird on the way. To bat where...no clue.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
At 65 years old, I don't think Doug Bird has much upside left.

I kid, I kid. Though it did take me a while to figure out that the reason I couldn't find this prospect on baseball reference was because his name is Greg Bird.

Reaction Score

I kid, I kid. Though it did take me a while to figure out that the reason I couldn't find this prospect on baseball reference was because his name is Greg Bird.

You can kid your team is going the other way ;), good for you guys!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I loved Doug Bird!

mets1090

Reaction Score
You can kid your team is going the other way ;), good for you guys!
About time :mad:

History has me waiting for the next 1-8 stretch including getting swept by the Nationals though.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The old adage always come back to me.
You are never as good as you look when things are going well and you are never as bad as you look when thing are going bad.

This is a fun, pretty good team that momentarily looked great, but I don't think we will lose out either.

Bird would seem to be able to bat in the two places we don't need him. Can he play anything other than first or DH?

Reaction Score
The old adage always come back to me.
You are never as good as you look when things are going well and you are never as bad as you look when thing are going bad.

This is a fun, pretty good team that momentarily looked great, but I don't think we will lose out either.

Bird would seem to be able to bat in the two places we don't need him. Can he play anything other than first or DH?

This the Yankees thead? Oh yeah, hope he can play CF or LF because the only guy who can hit in the OF right now is Beltran.

Reaction Score
Beltran came up huge huh. Wow what a huge win especially with that crowd all revved up and then silencing them.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The Bird is the word, but we do have to back up a day to acknowledge the A-Bomb from A-Rod

Reaction Score
Once again the Yankees want to play enforcer of the "unwritten rules". How much do you want to bet that McCann was one of the voices yelling at Gomez from the dugout last night?

Reaction Score
Once again the Yankees want to play enforcer of the "unwritten rules". How much do you want to bet that McCann was one of the voices yelling at Gomez from the dugout last night?

And he shouldn't be? I mean Gomez is a known a**hole and deserves to be a target of a 95MPH fastball in the side tonight. Pretty simple ex, you get what you ask for.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I'm out of the loop here. What exactly did Gomez do? Or not do?

Edit: I just watched a replay of it and this is an absolute non story. He missed a pitch, probably swore at himself, and threw the bat down in disgust. And then the Yankees bench probably chirped at him so he chirped back. What's the problem? He's hitting like sh_t since being traded so he's obviously frustrated. I guess I just don't see what the big deal is with his reaction.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This could be good for the yankees I think getting into a brawl is what they might need.

Reaction Score
This could be good for the yankees I think getting into a brawl is what they might need.

Guess not. Going down like dead puppies on offense and the pitching is tired.

HUGE trouble my only hope is the Sox don't catch us :eek:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Guess not. Going down like dead puppies on offense and the pitching is tired.

HUGE trouble my only hope is the Sox don't catch us :eek:
Sox are only 4.5 games out of 4th. I just hope they don't finish last again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom