OT: - The most stupid and pointless holiday ever | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The most stupid and pointless holiday ever

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fully Agree.

What a terrible holiday with a just awful main course. Its not even really edible.
Yes, but no matter at least Thanksgiving is always a day off from work to eat and drink.

You gotta exhaust all the "working" holidays before Thanksgiving even comes into consideration.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Don't get sucked into Veuve Clicquot. It's good but almost cliche at this point, and overpriced imo because of it. Look for Billecart Salmon Brut Reserve (around the same price but better), or spend a few more bucks for the Billecart Salmon Brut Rose, which is about as sure-fire as you can get.
The Billecart is $170 a bottle. The yellow label Veuve is $42

Reaction Score
Just struck out. Turns out the wife doesn't like Godiva chocolates. Next time a Hershey bar.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just struck out. Turns out the wife doesn't like Godiva chocolates. Next time a Hershey bar.

Can't go wrong with Munson's. That's why I make the 30 minute drive down to pick them up every year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Billecart is $170 a bottle. The yellow label Veuve is $42
I don't know which Billecart-Salmon is $170 and I've certainly never had it.

The Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve I referenced about is usually $45 to $50 and I think it's better than the yellow label Veuve Cliquot, which is usually around $5 cheaper.

The Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose is usually around $80 and is markedly better than both imo. I like it when I receive it as a gift.:)

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Can't go wrong with Munson's. That's why I make the 30 minute drive down to pick them up every year.

Truffles > chocolates in my experience. You savor a truffle and maybe have one or two at a sitting. Less guilt; more satisfaction.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
That was a price I found online at a liquor store chain in the Chicago area called Binny's. When I went into the store the price was 72.99 for the Salmon Brut Reserve and 49.99 for the Brut Reserve. The online price must be a mistake. I got the truffles too. She is very happy. Thanks @8893.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was a price I found online at a liquor store chain in the Chicago area called Binny's. When I went into the store the price was 72.99 for the Salmon Brut Reserve and 49.99 for the Brut Reserve. The online price must be a mistake. I got the truffles too. She is very happy. Thanks @8893.
Awesome. $72.99 a very good price for the Brut Rose, if that's what you meant.

In any event, glad she's happy--that's all that matters, right?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Came home to Bacon Roses!

With Horsey sauce from Arby's for dipping!

OSI22xV_d.jpg

Reaction Score
My wife and I made an agreement not to get each other anything last night. I will now get her a few things and a thoughtful card with a heartfelt note inside. She will get me nothing. Wednesday night at bed time, I'll get something "extra". Well played, if I do say so myself.
We can only hope she does not like being made the fool of in an agreement. Your something extra may be a night on the couch watching the Olympics with the volume off. :D

But now the card prices are outrageous too! And where are the simple, elegant cards; or the funny cards that are actually funny?

I like offbeat cards if I can find them, but this year I hit CVS over the weekend. There were still a ton of cards, but so few of them even remotely acceptable for me to give to my wife or daughters. And around $7.00+ apiece!?! For a card!?!

Yes, I obviously did it, but for my money I'd much rather buy them a few more truffles. Next year I gotta try and search out some more interesting cards.

Hallmark holiday and they are ripoff artists. Saw cards up to $9.00 today, simply for those that prefer that. Got a card with a couple of doves on the front and blank inside,for a couple bucks. Wrote a short heartfelt line or two on my own, a home run. Helped double the amount of high end dark chocolate too. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom