OT: - The Masters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: The Masters

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting day. Rose going out early -7, 4 strokes up on 2nd place had a chance to put intense pressure on the field. So far, +1 through 4 holes though.

Reaction Score
Good for Justin Rose. One of the nice guys on the tour.

And he's got Mizuno MP20's in his bag ?

Reaction Score
Last year I was all over Morikawa. Pimples him going in to Traveler's and he missed his first cut ever.

He recovered by winning PGA. He's a stud. Three months ago aI would have invested in Scott Scheffler but he's did money now.

I like the Latin and Mexican players right now - Ortiz, Ancer, etc are doing well.

The Ortiz comeback starts now

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was trying to watch outside on my deck during lunch and instead it was just a bunch of guys talking and showing guys on the range. Just show the golfers that are out there. Especially before the cut.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Was trying to watch outside on my deck during lunch and instead it was just a bunch of guys talking and showing guys on the range. Just show the golfers that are out there. Especially before the cut.
Augusta National controls coverage more than any other place on tour. They only allow so much live TV for the event so the mornings on Thursday and Friday are 'Live from Augusta' with no actual coverage.

That said, ESPN's live afternoon coverage really sucks compared to CBS or the Golf Channel. They are not good at it.

If you have DirecTV, you can get live 4k coverage of Amen Corner on 105 or 15&16 on 106.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Looks like Zalatoris will be in final group tomorrow with Rose.

LOL at Kim breaking his putter in anger at 16. Got par putting with 3 wood.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Interesting day and good to see the leaderboard get compressed. 19 guys within 6 shots of the leader going into Saturday. Plenty of good names at the top of the leaderboard. Zalatoris continues to impress. Jordan, Finau, JT, Xander, Bryson and so many other good players right there.

Moving day should be a lot of fun tomorrow. Hopefully the storms hold off until the round gets finished.

Still good with my picks of Justin Thomas winning and Spieth being in the final group on Sunday.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Interesting day and good to see the leaderboard get compressed. 19 guys within 6 shots of the leader going into Saturday. Plenty of good names at the top of the leaderboard. Zalatoris continues to impress. Jordan, Finau, JT, Xander, Bryson and so many other good players right there.

Moving day should be a lot of fun tomorrow. Hopefully the storms hold off until the round gets finished.

Still good with my picks of Justin Thomas winning and Spieth being in the final group on Sunday.
First instinct is always best, as they say... and I should've stuck with Reed instead of switching to DJ at the last minute. Rest of my foursome is killing it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Valid method whittling down the field. I will say that Zalatoris kid is going to be a human ATM. Nice game overall. He's got to get a bit more accurate with the driver and putt better to win, but good iron players can cash top-15 checks week in and week out.

Will Zalatoris PGA TOUR Profile - News, Stats, and Videos

View attachment 66666
I don't expect Zalatoris to win but he's cashing a big check this week.

He's long and lanky like Ernie Els, Vijay, Webb Simpson, Kuchar, etc.

He doesn't need to crank his back and torso to be long. Easy does it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just saw a highlight of Rory McElroy hitting a shot from some rough. He had to yell, "RIGHT!!!" The ball hit his dad on the fly.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score

The concept of still having to sign a scorecard during a major tournament in 2021 seems so antiquated. The fact that he screwed it up is even worse.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

The concept of still having to sign a scorecard during a major tournament in 2021 seems so antiquated. The fact that he screwed it up is even worse.

how is there not a tournament official available to certify every round, as it concluded?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
how is there not a tournament official available to certify every round, as it concluded?
Scorers follow each group with a tablet. They are inputting data for each player. But they do not monitor scorecards.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Like the Harman and Spieth pairings today.

Neither one is a bomber and they're both ball strikers who have to think their way through the course.

Harman has had a nice run at WGC Match Play and at TPC Sawgrass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wind is going to get severe this afternoon and a good chance weather may keep third round from finishing today.

If someone going off early can shoot 66-67 and get in clubhouse at -6 or -7 they can be in great shape for Sunday.

Reaction Score
Like the Harman and Spieth pairings today.

Neither one is a bomber and they're both ball strikers who have to think their way through the course.

Harman has had a nice run at WGC Match Play and at TPC Sawgrass.
The Masters site has Leishman with Harman today Chin. Not sure other sources.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Masters site has Leishman with Harman today Chin. Not sure other sources.

Yeah. I typed it once and edited it and still looks like I missed my point.

Didn't mean to imply they were playing together. I meant I like each of Spieth and Harman in their pairing.

Spieth is with Wiesberger and Harman with Leishman.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wind is going to get severe this afternoon and a good chance weather may keep third round from finishing today.

If someone going off early can shoot 66-67 and get in clubhouse at -6 or -7 they can be in great shape for Sunday.
The flip side of that is if play gets suspended because of thunderstorms, the guys who haven't finished may have some really soft greens on Sunday morning to finish the round and they can go flag hunting.

Reaction Score
Faldo said Olazabal told him at the Champions dinner that he hasn't played since November. Lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thanks to whoever mentioned the Masters App. Works nicely.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

There is. That's how they knew he signed the card incorrectly. He was missing the cut anyway so there's no harm.

Being accountable for verifying your own score is a basic part of tournament golf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom