The Machinery Is in Motion to Postpone the 2020 College Football Season... | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Machinery Is in Motion to Postpone the 2020 College Football Season...

Reaction Score
No offense, but we've had a bunch of rednecks gleefully snickering at our "demise" for years now, especially in the face of conference realignment. Let us enjoy a few days of schadenfreude, since we have already taken our medicine.

Will not happen.....he is incessant and tone deaf.

Reaction Score
This is pretty much where I am. I continue to believe that the risks to the players having a season may be less than spending time in the general student population. But, that’s besides the point. There are moral, ethical, legal and public relation issues that these schools have to address and not playing is the right call.

In summary, if its not safe for student to return to college campuses, how can it be safe for college football players to return to campus and then subsequently practice together and then play against against otehr college students across several different states?

The answer is simple. College football is not about colleges at all. Players are not student athletes. They are revenue generators. It's about money. Period.

Reaction Score
Sooo...a player or two several sits out 10 days....

Why do I sense that UConn fans are almost gleeful about the pospect of a football season cancellation....are actually pulling for that to happen..

Have you even read the FSU news this morning? They are hiding positive tests and the players are revolting against the coach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Have you even read the FSU news this morning? They are hiding positive tests and the players are revolting against the coach.
Gonna be a tough day for Billybud.

Reaction Score
Sooo...a player or two several sits out 10 days....

Why do I sense that UConn fans are almost gleeful about the pospect of a football season cancellation....are actually pulling for that to happen..
Absolutely not! I want the ACC to play! I would like to see extra games between FSU and BC!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In summary, if its not safe for student to return to college campuses, how can it be safe for college football players to return to campus and then subsequently practice together and then play against against otehr college students across several different states?

The answer is simple. College football is not about colleges at all. Players are not student athletes. They are revenue generators. It's about money. Period.

It's not that CFB is safe. If you took any subset of college students, had them in their own dorms, and tested them regularly, they would he similarly safe.
I don't think in a campus full of students football players are an more safe than gen pop students.
Bit if you are only bringing a fraction of students on campus and then isolating some of them, I do believe the isolated group does better.

Reaction Score
It's not that CFB is safe. If you took any subset of college students, had them in their own dorms, and tested them regularly, they would he similarly safe.
I don't think in a campus full of students football players are an more safe than gen pop students.
Bit if you are only bringing a fraction of students on campus and then isolating some of them, I do believe the isolated group does better.

I agree from a medical standpoint. But, this approach basically seperates the business that is football from university life.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not! I want the ACC to play! I would like to see extra games between FSU and BC!

In the ACC, how on earth is BC and Syracuse going to be able to play football. BC for example plays 9 teams in the ACC on Massachusetts's quarantine list as of today. New York State is not on the list, so Syracuse is OK. So, each team visiting Chestnut Hill (UNC, Pitt, G Tech, ND and Louisville) will need to provide a clean Covid-19 test resut from within the last 72 hours for every player and staff or arrive 14 days head of game day before being allowed to leave their hotel. For road trips, except for Syracuse, upon return the entire team will need to quarentine for 3 days (72 hours) to wait for a clean Covid-19 test and if its not clean or they dont take one, can't leave their residence for 14 days. I have a feeling that BC's football team won't get a waiver either, unlike football obsesses States elsewhere.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

There were some FSU stories involving their athletes and COVID from a month ago that you would absolutely not believe. I really hope it all comes out and is confirmed. Its insane.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Its going well in the ACC

Reaction Score
In the ACC, how on earth is BC and Syracuse going to be able to play football.
Delayed reality for BCU and the Citrus, e.g., Syracuse athletic department only testing players every other week; players canceling practice 3 times in a week in reasonable protest, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom