The Grind | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Man, I'm hungry for one of those grinders .... Its been awhile.

Reaction Score
To Chief part of intensity is not allowing oneself to be distracted by being laser focus on the mission at hand.
For example, practicing foul shots can be considered a grind but it’s also very intense because you try to block the World out. I guess another word or better word for it is focused. But, Chief likes “intensity”.

I’m actually starting to find humor in these inane posts.

Reaction Score
I love the Fishy is Chief, Chief is Fishy storyline. But do you think it's more a Bruce Wayne/Batman alter ego or Bruce Banner/Hulk scenario where the monster sometimes gets out?
I love this storyline, too. But I'm seeing a Superman/Clark Kent thing here. One has a strong approach while the alter ego struggles to say exactly what he means.

Reaction Score
You guys totally miss the genius of the post.
It’s completely open ended and interpretations can vary.
For the optimist it could mean the big get
For the pragmatic it could mean a workable backup 5
Or the pessimist it could mean despite busting our butts we swung and missed totally.
All the bases are covered .

Reaction Score
You guys totally miss the genius of the post.
It’s completely open ended and interpretations can vary.
For the optimist it could mean the big get
For the pragmatic it could mean a workable backup 5
Or the pessimist it could mean despite busting our butts we swung and missed totally.
All the bases are covered .
All true. Other than the part about me missing the genius of it all.

pj

Reaction Score
You guys miss the point. You have to trust the process. The grind must be its own reward. Whether or not it leads to a dam break, you have to keep grinding. Trust that the dam will spring a leak one of these days, but grind.

Reaction Score
I’m actually starting to find humor in these inane posts.

Absolutely. I've gone through all Five Stages of Chief:

1. Denial (He has no idea what he's saying!)
2. Anger (He's an idiot and people who support him are idiots)
3. Bargaining (If you just block him he'll go away)
4. Depression (Ugh what's the point people just keep talking about him why bother)
5. Chiefceptance (I don't know if he's a joke and this point I don't care, this is hilarious)

Reaction Score
I love the Fishy is Chief, Chief is Fishy storyline. But do you think it's more a Bruce Wayne/Batman alter ego or Bruce Banner/Hulk scenario where the monster sometimes gets out?

More like...............

images(2).jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I love this storyline, too. But I'm seeing a Superman/Clark Kent thing here. One has a strong approach while the alter ego struggles to say exactly what he means.
At the moment, I'm thinking Seth Brundle/the Fly.

Reaction Score
Man, I'm hungry for one of those grinders .... Its been awhile.

View attachment 43325
I miss grinders more than anything living here in Europe. A meatball grinder with provolone and roasted peppers toasted. Frankin giant grinders in Hartford. A pepperoni and Genoa combo. Is Franklin still there. I wonder if they vould send me one?

Reaction Score
Not losing sleep over Precious....other than Anthony Davis- how many 1 and dones have led to a National Championship? Keep grinding Dan- will take the quality build approach with those that stay 3-4 years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I miss grinders more than anything living here in Europe. A meatball grinder with provolone and roasted peppers toasted. Frankin giant grinders in Hartford. A pepperoni and Genoa combo. Is Franklin still there. I wonder if they vould send me one?

I don't know where you live in Europe, but if it's France/Italy/Spain/Portugal, you have a) better meats, b) better cheeses, c) fresher peppers, and most important, d) better bread.

As someone who's actively researching retiring in western Europe, I consider my access to food important, however, when there's a vacuum, I also know I can always make myself a sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom