The buyout is $0 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The buyout is $0

Reaction Score
Benedict is certainly deserving of some kind of blame, but there is no way he is intentionally killing football.

Stay with me now.

The came from Minnesota and most recently Auburn. If he kills football here, no Power 5 school would ever touch him. His ticket to a Power 5 school is saving football.

He hoped that bringing back RE would offer some stability to the program, perhaps RE stabilized recruiting. Maybe he actually did enough to change the direction of the program. But there is now a steep hill to climb to get to some form of respectability and RE just isn't the engine to do that.

The young guys on the staff are hungry, but several were promoted from analyst and lack the experience to be a solid FBS staff. We need a real staff that legitimately knows how to coach up these kids.

Also, Lashlee is never coming back here. If y'all want an OC...Phil Longo, Eddie Gran, heck give Kevin Sumlin or Justin Fuente (bound to be fired this year) a call and see if they want to rehab their image by making a winner.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
You gotta better chance of this team finishing over 500 then RE hitting the bricks

Reaction Score
If there is a OC sitting out the season at any college level, AD Dave should be making calls. If RE does not like he can resign. Who thinks our first O play will be an inside handoff against HC?

I have to ask, where is Jack these days? Could he fill in? The fights with RE would off the charts.

Reaction Score
Lashlee is not coming back to UConn. Ever. Unless: 1. His wife suddenly likes living up North and 2. UConn pays him and gives him a very large assistant pool. Neither of those will ever happen so he ain't coming here.

Our best bet is to look at FCS or D2 HC's with proven winning records and take a chance with them. It literally cannot get any worse.

Reaction Score
I’ll take an interim, it worked with TJ. Our current situation is not working. The AD has to have a list for next year.
Interim will probably be Guifre. So do you really want that?

Reaction Score
Interim will probably be Guifre. So do you really want that?

Not sure Giufre is the problem. Randy has always handcuffed his OC’s. It’s an issue. I wouldn’t want to work for him because it could damage my career. If he isn’t handcuffing Giufre and this is his offense, then he should be fired immediately.

In fairness to Giufre, Lashlee is the only guy we saw install a modern offense (AD Dave’s call) and Randy was ready to murder him. Why should we blame Giufre? You think he’s got the green light to call the shots? No way.

Reaction Score
Not sure Giufre is the problem. Randy has always handcuffed his OC’s.
I get that RE is the easy target right now (and deservedly so), but he’s not the sole reason the offense looked like garbage. Zero creativity in the offense, disorganized and subpar QB and line play have to fall on the OC. He is absolutely a large part of the problem.

Reaction Score
He gets the season. the mistake Warde made way back when was firing Paul after four games. He should have waited until maybe the last week, maybe right when season was done. (I didn't say that at the time). The program lost all its discipline, quickly, and it got ripped apart at the seams with infighting, player insubordination etc. If Paul was coach that team that went 3-9 probably could have rallied to 5-7. Still would have been fired though. Coaches on that staff have told me they thought they could turn it around and then, bam the coaches started looking for exits too.

I get why Warde did it. He wanted to spark the team and win some games. It had the opposite effect. No need to fire coaches, of an indy program. Guys are paid millions. Even if he is out the door, per se, you keep the staff intact to keep the players disciplined. No more fiascos. Out for blood did nothing for the program.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How can you prepare for a vastly superior opponent?

If they had a running game, they could shorten the game by gaining downs and minimizing their time on the field.

Not sure what the rationale was for scheduling Clemson? If they hold them to under 90 points, would that be a moral victory?

$$$ and a hope that after 4 years, we'd be competitive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom