The buyout is $0 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The buyout is $0

Reaction Score
Lashlee is not coming back to UConn. Ever. Unless: 1. His wife suddenly likes living up North and 2. UConn pays him and gives him a very large assistant pool. Neither of those will ever happen so he ain't coming here.

Our best bet is to look at FCS or D2 HC's with proven winning records and take a chance with them. It literally cannot get any worse.
Every time someone has said this in the past 11 years, it has managed to somehow get worse.

Reaction Score
The thought that we could get Ted Lasso is ridiculous. He won a title at Wichita State and is trying to get AFC Richmond back into the Premier League. There is no chance he would work here in CT.

Well. He wants to be closer to his kid. And he has a penchant for turning around lost causes.

Reaction Score
I get that RE is the easy target right now (and deservedly so), but he’s not the sole reason the offense looked like garbage. Zero creativity in the offense, disorganized and subpar QB and line play have to fall on the OC. He is absolutely a large part of the problem.

Again, there has never been creativity in our offense except when Rhett was here. This is a vintage Randy Edsall offense. He slung the ball a little at Maryland until he crashed and burned but that’s about it. I have no doubt the plays we are running are the plays Randy wants to run.

The QB is on Randy. Jack is not fundamentally sound so he isn’t going to be a consistent passer. It’s just the way throwing works. It’s like shooting a basketball. If you don’t have proper form there is almost no chance you’ll be consistently accurate. Steven Krajewski is fundamentally sound, sees the field better and throws a better ball.

Yes, the Oline sucked. That’s not entirely Randy’s fault, I guess.

I’m hoping there is really something to the slippery field and melting cleats stuff because that would be the only explanation I’d be satisfied with for that bad of a performance.

Reaction Score
Again, there has never been creativity in our offense except when Rhett was here. This is a vintage Randy Edsall offense. He slung the ball a little at Maryland until he crashed and burned but that’s about it. I have no doubt the plays we are running are the plays Randy wants to run.

The QB is on Randy. Jack is not fundamentally sound so he isn’t going to be a consistent passer. It’s just the way throwing works. It’s like shooting a basketball. If you don’t have proper form there is almost no chance you’ll be consistently accurate. Steven Krajewski is fundamentally sound, sees the field better and throws a better ball.

I’m hoping there is really something to the slippery field and melting cleats stuff because that would be the only explanation I’d be satisfied with for that bad of a performance.
The Oline sucked compared to RE's lines his first go around. They did ok against Fresno. Fresno brought pressure a lot because they knew Jack Zergiotis couldn't make the throws. Jack Zergiotis had time to make throws and just flat out missed wide open receivers. Krajewski needs to start against Holy Cross. I get Jack Zergiotis "won" the job at practice, but he over throws deep routes and under throws shallow routes.

Reaction Score
Hiring back Edsall in the first place was a disgrace given the situation with how he left last time.

If we aren't going to have a serious program (canceling our entire football season in 2020) then just scrap the program.

Nobody wants that, we all want real football, so instead of a boring old coach let's hire someone with something to prove. A 28 year old somewhere with maybe a gimmicky scheme. Give me an offense that goes for it every 4th down, or a triple option, or something!!! That way even if we still suck we'll be fun to watch. Being bad and boring is miserable.

Reaction Score
We are statistically one of the worst teams to ever play college football. Only UMass has been worse than us. It literally cannot get get any worse.
You keep saying that it can't get worse, but it can. Would chains and padlocks be worse? Stop saying it!!!

Reaction Score
The Oline sucked compared to RE's lines his first go around. They did ok against Fresno. Fresno brought pressure a lot because they knew Jack Zergiotis couldn't make the throws. Jack Zergiotis had time to make throws and just flat out missed wide open receivers. Krajewski needs to start against Holy Cross. I get Jack Zergiotis "won" the job at practice, but he over throws deep routes and under throws shallow routes.
QB play was just horrible against Fresno. The fact Jack Zergiotis missed two wide open WRs that could have resulted in huge plays is all we need to know about his ability. Jack Zergiotis had enough time to throw most of the time, but he just can't execute.

Reaction Score
We are statistically one of the worst teams to ever play college football. Only UMass has been worse than us. It literally cannot get get any worse.

I understand why you say that. Because, in no rational world can it get worse. However, we are not in the realm of rational outcomes or reason. We lack the imagination necessary to conceive of something worse, but I assure you, we will find a way. We have two FCS teams on the schedule. Imagine being the first FBS team to lose to two FCS teams in the same calendar year in what, one hundred years? That would be worse.

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Benedict is certainly deserving of some kind of blame, but there is no way he is intentionally killing football.

Stay with me now.

The came from Minnesota and most recently Auburn. If he kills football here, no Power 5 school would ever touch him. His ticket to a Power 5 school is saving football.

He hoped that bringing back RE would offer some stability to the program, perhaps RE stabilized recruiting. Maybe he actually did enough to change the direction of the program. But there is now a steep hill to climb to get to some form of respectability and RE just isn't the engine to do that.

The young guys on the staff are hungry, but several were promoted from analyst and lack the experience to be a solid FBS staff. We need a real staff that legitimately knows how to coach up these kids.

Also, Lashlee is never coming back here. If y'all want an OC...Phil Longo, Eddie Gran, heck give Kevin Sumlin or Justin Fuente (bound to be fired this year) a call and see if they want to rehab their image by making a winner.
I’d take Justin Fuente in a heartbeat! Hell, why not Scott Frost. His days are numbered at Nebraska, and look how he turned around UCF.

Reaction Score
I’d take Justin Fuente in a heartbeat! Hell, why not Scott Frost. His days are numbered at Nebraska, and look how he turned around UCF.
I don’t think either would consider UCONN. There will be much better G5 schools offering them jobs - I can definitely see Frost returning to a Florida School.

We also are not getting a P5 coordinator. If we get a P5 coach it would be a position coach and frankly, what young position coach at a P5 school would come here?

It’s the FCS coordinator ranks and D2 head coaching ranks where the next coach can be mined. Like other have mentioned we need a offensive minded coach who runs a fun style of football - that will get recruits here, at least on offense.

UCONN football will never be a destination job (thanks Dave Benedict!) but I am fine with getting a coach who goes to a better job in 3 years. It means we are winning.

I can’t see a way Edsall gets canned in season. Even if he doesn’t win a game. There is no one on the staff that will be retained so why bother naming an interim. Just roll with it. Benedict with another major blunder not firing him two years ago.

Reaction Score

I don’t necessarily disagree with anything you said… but at the same time, the OC has been directly responsible for the offense during the development year too. Two years of prep to come out and look like that is inexcusable by all parties. Let’s just leave it at that.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I don’t think either would consider UCONN. There will be much better G5 schools offering them jobs - I can definitely see Frost returning to a Florida School.

We also are not getting a P5 coordinator. If we get a P5 coach it would be a position coach and frankly, what young position coach at a P5 school would come here?

It’s the FCS coordinator ranks and D2 head coaching ranks where the next coach can be mined. Like other have mentioned we need a offensive minded coach who runs a fun style of football - that will get recruits here, at least on offense.

UCONN football will never be a destination job (thanks Dave Benedict!) but I am fine with getting a coach who goes to a better job in 3 years. It means we are winning.

I can’t see a way Edsall gets canned in season. Even if he doesn’t win a game. There is no one on the staff that will be retained so why bother naming an interim. Just roll with it. Benedict with another major blunder not firing him two years ago.
I disagree that a G5 coordinator wouldn’t want to take a HC job here. But agree with you that RE is basically “safe” this season. When you look at the most successful G5 programs (Cincy, UCF, Boise, Memphis, etc) they’ve all had multiple head coaches who have retained success because they were set up right. Shouldn’t be an expectation that we’re going to keep a head man for a decade here. Not anymore.

Reaction Score
There are brilliant football minds at lower levels. Heck, Chip Kelly paid his dues as the OC at New Hampshire for several years.

We need an AD who can find these minds. Dave Benedict gives me no confidence that he is that AD.

Find a high scoring O at the lower levels that runs a scheme predicated on mismatches - like a Mike Leach offense.

Reaction Score
There are brilliant football minds at lower levels. Heck, Chip Kelly paid his dues as the OC at New Hampshire for several years.

We need an AD who can find these minds. Dave Benedict gives me no confidence that he is that AD.

Find a high scoring O at the lower levels that runs a scheme predicated on mismatches - like a Mike Leach offense.
Ricky Santos at UNH is going to be a head coach soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom