The buyout is $0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The buyout is $0

Reaction Score
Post it. Something to talk about and you probably have a read in some good lower level coaches being a CCSU fan.
Sean Lewis HC at Kent State would be my number one choice. Really seems to have something great growing over there.

I'd be cool with Jason Candle at Toledo too.

Tyler Bowen who may be out of reach now, was the co-offensive coordinator/recruiting coordinator but is now an analyst for Jacksonville. Bowen also had stops at Towson, Fordham, and Maryland. He will be a head coach some day

Let's see what Nick Charlton at Maine does this year, hire that kid. Or his predecessor Joe Harasymiak who is co-DC at Minnesota. Had success at Maine, learned under PJ.

If Central wins the Northeast, let's talk to McCarthy. It's a damn shame that Pete was allowed to leave the area.

If Connecticut ever wants to get it right, they need to hire a young head coach that has won at a lower level or the MAC. Or an FBS coordinator that was a lower level HC. There are FCS schools that time and time again hire, have success, HC gets hired by FBS.

No retreads, unless that retread got their shot young and had growing success as a coordinator. Needs to be someone that is young enough to have the fire and passion, but isn't learning how to run a program.

Reaction Score
Sean Lewis HC at Kent State would be my number one choice. Really seems to have something great growing over there.
He would be my pick

35 years old, turned around Kent State in 2 years! Inherited a program that went 2-9, 3-9, 3-9, 2-10 in the seasons preceding him (even worse than UConn during that time period). First year went 2-10, then followed it up with 7-6 the year after and went 3-1 during COVID 2020.

Only makes $440k currently. That's someone who could turn around the program quickly, which is what is needed at the moment. They play in a crappy 25k person stadium with no practice facility. He should be able to succeed here.

The recruiting at Kent State hasn't been much thus far during his tenure which may limit ceiling, but at a minimum would get program back to respectability, and fast. Maybe the uptick in facilities at UConn would allow him to recruit better than in the 110s where he has been thus far in Kent.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with Edsall’s recruiting. I actually think we have talent. We are outschemed terribly, I’m not sure we are outmanned that much anymore. We have a very young team. Someone needs to put them in position to win.

Reaction Score
the thing that I don't get is that Edsall teams of the past were disciplined and smart. no turnovers and no penalties. good special teams. and then you'd run the ball behind a always decent line and have some successes.

This team in its current state, after waiting almost two years to play, is none of those things. there is no reason to see anymore. if theya re not going to fire him then its a message that the plan is to shut it down. Because keeping him is giving up

Reaction Score
the thing that I don't get is that Edsall teams of the past were disciplined and smart. no turnovers and no penalties. good special teams. and then you'd run the ball behind a always decent line and have some successes.

This team in its current state, after waiting almost two years to play, is none of those things. there is no reason to see anymore. if theya re not going to fire him then its a message that the plan is to shut it down. Because keeping him is giving up
I think it is just what you said, Edsall played smart football with big, competent lines. He doesn’t yet have the experience and size he needs to play that way. So, they wait.

I see it differently, even if he had those lines, he’d suck. Nobody plays that way anymore.

Reaction Score
I think it is just what you said, Edsall played smart football with big, competent lines. He doesn’t yet have the experience and size he needs to play that way. So, they wait.

I see it differently, even if he had those lines, he’d suck. Nobody plays that way anymore.
He's was mediocre at best when he had those lines, he's never been a great coach just average. His failure to adjust to today's game is showing and I agree even if he was able to build back to what he had they'd be at best a 5 to 7 win team lucking into a bottom feeder bowl at best.

Reaction Score
If they want to keep dirt cheap Randy so be it.....but can we PLEASE hire a real Offensive Coordinator!!! How we still have a coach who was hired to be an O-Line coach and then moved up to an OC is beyond me.....
Randy is the OC and that’s how he wants it. As Chief said in earlier this summer, when you hear the BS about competition at QB, it means you don’t have one (freshmen excluded).

Reaction Score
OC should be the first one gone. I was skeptical about him long before today, but this game confirmed that he doesn’t have a clue. And the offensive line being the worst unit is the cherry on top.
Demote him from OC, he should be 100% OL it's the only thing he is any good at, but if he's prepping for play calling, he isn't coaching the line. Let Moyseenko call the plays.

Reaction Score
I think the question is, who would want to come and coach UConn Football? I understand theres always going to be somebody that will take a head coaching job, but would one of the top assistants around the country want to take on this particular challenge? Or would they wait it out to go elsewhere that is more of a stable situation?

Diaco ended up being a disaster, but at the time everyone loved the hire since he was one of the best young coordinators out there coming off winning the Broyles award. Are we in a position right now where somebody with those credentials is a realistic option?

Reaction Score
I think the question is, who would want to come and coach UConn Football? I understand theres always going to be somebody that will take a head coaching job, but would one of the top assistants around the country want to take on this particular challenge? Or would they wait it out to go elsewhere that is more of a stable situation?

Diaco ended up being a disaster, but at the time everyone loved the hire since he was one of the best young coordinators out there coming off winning the Broyles award. Are we in a position right now where somebody with those credentials is a realistic option?
Go with a winner at a lower level. FCS or even D2. A guy with a modern offense concept. Go do what Buffalo did when they hired Leopold. Why over pay for a fancy P5 coordinator that may be looking for his next job day or is simply incapable of running a program? I look at Leopold, I look at Bohl at Wyoming, that should be the type of guy we target. Guys who have won as HCs and have shown they know how to run a program top to bottom.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I have no problem with Edsall’s recruiting. I actually think we have talent. We are outschemed terribly, I’m not sure we are outmanned that much anymore. We have a very young team. Someone needs to put them in position to win.
Really? You digging the QB recruiting?

Reaction Score

At this point, no. Especially when you consider that recent winners are making more as coordinators than they could at UConn. You want a coordinator fine, but look at realistic options now.

Reaction Score
Go with a winner at a lower level. FCS or even D2. A guy with a modern offense concept. Go do what Buffalo did when they hired Leopold. Why over pay for a fancy P5 coordinator that may be looking for his next job day or is simply incapable of running a program? I look at Leopold, I look at Bohl at Wyoming, that should be the type of guy we target. Guys who have won as HCs and have shown they know how to run a program top to bottom.
I'd like us to keep an eye on Aaron Best from Eastern Washington

Reaction Score
Basketball School....Soccer School....Baseball School....Field Hockey School....Ed School....Ag School....Nursing School....Finance School.... Engineering School....Pharmacy School.................ANTYB (Anything But) Football School.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom