The buyout is $0 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The buyout is $0

Reaction Score
Lashlee is not coming back to UConn. Ever. Unless: 1. His wife suddenly likes living up North and 2. UConn pays him and gives him a very large assistant pool. Neither of those will ever happen so he ain't coming here.

Our best bet is to look at FCS or D2 HC's with proven winning records and take a chance with them. It literally cannot get any worse.
He gets the season. the mistake Warde made way back when was firing Paul after four games. He should have waited until maybe the last week, maybe right when season was done. (I didn't say that at the time). The program lost all its discipline, quickly, and it got ripped apart at the seams with infighting, player insubordination etc. If Paul was coach that team that went 3-9 probably could have rallied to 5-7. Still would have been fired though. Coaches on that staff have told me they thought they could turn it around and then, bam the coaches started looking for exits too.

I get why Warde did it. He wanted to spark the team and win some games. It had the opposite effect. No need to fire coaches, of an indy program. Guys are paid millions. Even if he is out the door, per se, you keep the staff intact to keep the players disciplined. No more fiascos. Out for blood did nothing for the program.
I thought TJ did outstanding. We should have hired him full time.

Reaction Score
He’s over at the Ravens and would be over here in 2 seconds if anybody had the nuts to get ourselves out of this mess. I’d rather pay that guy $1M for his motivation, commitment and offensive mind alone.

Reaction Score
I get that RE is the easy target right now (and deservedly so), but he’s not the sole reason the offense looked like garbage. Zero creativity in the offense, disorganized and subpar QB and line play have to fall on the OC. He is absolutely a large part of the problem.
Edsall was the one who elevated Guifre to OC who’s a known OL coach with no prior experience calling plays. If this offense is garbage because it’s disorganized than Guifre is to blame, but so is Edsall for elevating a guy that’s never been an OC. They all should go period.

Reaction Score
He’s over at the Ravens and would be over here in 2 seconds if anybody had the nuts to get ourselves out of this mess. I’d rather pay that guy $1M for his motivation, commitment and offensive mind alone.
Chief senses a sea change in sentiment. True we have gone something like 6-30 before this consensus, but the argument seems to have moved to who should replace Randy. Ironically, Randy set himself up for this moment by spending 637 days preparing for 107 yards of offense and being on the short end of a 45-0 score.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me what the hell went through the AD's mind when he signed Edsall for a second time? Let alone when they EXTENDED HIM?

Reaction Score
Not to mention not wearing sleeves in the frigid temps is motivation enough to get guys going :)

Reaction Score
Chief senses a sea change in sentiment. True we have gone something like 6-30 before this consensus, but the argument seems to have moved to who should replace Randy. Ironically, Randy set himself up for this moment by spending 637 days preparing for 107 yards of offense and being on the short end of a 45-0 score.

Do you even read the drivel you post? Honestly, it appears to be a stream of consciousness and it makes no sense.

Reaction Score
There are brilliant football minds at lower levels. Heck, Chip Kelly paid his dues as the OC at New Hampshire for several years.

We need an AD who can find these minds. Dave Benedict gives me no confidence that he is that AD.

Find a high scoring O at the lower levels that runs a scheme predicated on mismatches - like a Mike Leach offense.
Follow career of Tom Allen @ IU.
The guy was a HS coach- he just got a big contract.......at a BB school- It can be done

Reaction Score
He gets the season. the mistake Warde made way back when was firing Paul after four games. He should have waited until maybe the last week, maybe right when season was done. (I didn't say that at the time). The program lost all its discipline, quickly, and it got ripped apart at the seams with infighting, player insubordination etc. If Paul was coach that team that went 3-9 probably could have rallied to 5-7. Still would have been fired though. Coaches on that staff have told me they thought they could turn it around and then, bam the coaches started looking for exits too.

I get why Warde did it. He wanted to spark the team and win some games. It had the opposite effect. No need to fire coaches, of an indy program. Guys are paid millions. Even if he is out the door, per se, you keep the staff intact to keep the players disciplined. No more fiascos. Out for blood did nothing for the program.

Boy, I don't know. I realize you were a heck of a lot closer to the program than I ever was.....but that season was turning into a train wreck and I think P lost the team. He and Bennett yelling at each other in the Cuse game; players yelling at coaches after that game; then we went to Buffalo and the players just didn't even want to play.

It was my sense that Ward felt desperate and had to get P and D out there as quickly as he could. To your point, why be that disruptive to the program if you don't have to be?

That said, the clincher for the program was Diaco. That could not have gone any worse.......and here we are.

Reaction Score
Boy, I don't know. I realize you were a heck of a lot closer to the program than I ever was.....but that season was turning into a train wreck and I think P lost the team. He and Bennett yelling at each other in the Cuse game; players yelling at coaches after that game; then we went to Buffalo and the players just didn't even want to play.

It was my sense that Ward felt desperate and had to get P and D out there as quickly as he could. To your point, why be that disruptive to the program if you don't have to be?

That said, the clincher for the program was Diaco. That could not have gone any worse.......and here we are.
Like most of us WM was embarrassed. The team sucked and just got destroyed by his former employer. Narduzzi didn’t want to coach at UCONN.

Reaction Score
The Holy Cross coach has a very good resume , and he has coached in the northeast throughout.. Only 44 years old, this is what Uconn needs.
at this point he cant do worse. CBS Sports said 24. Holy Cross: Bob Chesney is one of the best coaches in football, and he's coming off of a Patriot League title along with Holy Cross' second playoff appearance under his leadership.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

That’s correct, you have no idea.

Reaction Score
I liked TJ a lot. He didn't do outstanding. Train wreck behind the scenes. Wasn't TJs fault, but there was a lot going on in the background. Other coaches on that team were upset that TJ was even the interim. He just got there.

As far as what Warde did, made sense at the time. This is a Monday morning QB based off what happened, of course. The issue was the team lost discipline and it ruined the program. I am saying if Paul stuck around they would have won more games and they would have been better prepared for a new coach.

Paul had no leg to stand on to keep his job. But, Paul was gone by Oct. 1. They had two months with no head coach. Way too early. They should have kept him until the final week IMO and let him do a professional job and manage the program.

Then Warde made the wrong hire. That is what set program way way back.

Diaco came in and said 3-9, this whole program has to be nuked. Fans saw an under performing program. Disconnect was right there. Those 3 years nuked the program. Edsall came in, picked up pieces, but it is taking way too long. You can't get beat 45-0 on your return after two years.

Reaction Score
at this point he cant do worse. CBS Sports said 24. Holy Cross: Bob Chesney is one of the best coaches in football, and he's coming off of a Patriot League title along with Holy Cross' second playoff appearance under his leadership.

When I read the season overview and I saw his name, I thought he might be a good fit For us. What does he make at HC, anyone have information? It has to be less than 1M :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Gotta agree with this. Players were endangered being on the field with the dudnamic duo.

Reaction Score
I liked TJ a lot. He didn't do outstanding. Train wreck behind the scenes. Wasn't TJs fault, but there was a lot going on in the background. Other coaches on that team were upset that TJ was even the interim. He just got there.

As far as what Warde did, made sense at the time. This is a Monday morning QB based off what happened, of course. The issue was the team lost discipline and it ruined the program. I am saying if Paul stuck around they would have won more games and they would have been better prepared for a new coach.

Paul had no leg to stand on to keep his job. But, Paul was gone by Oct. 1. They had two months with no head coach. Way too early. They should have kept him until the final week IMO and let him do a professional job and manage the program.

Then Warde made the wrong hire. That is what set program way way back.

Diaco came in and said 3-9, this whole program has to be nuked. Fans saw an under performing program. Disconnect was right there. Those 3 years nuked the program. Edsall came in, picked up pieces, but it is taking way too long. You can't get beat 45-0 on your return after two years.
That team was playing hard for TJ and started clicking to close out the season. Many dumped on 3 consecutive FBS wins as garbage but we would be jumping for joy to see that now. TJ had them playing hard and getting after it. The locker room fell apart due to PP refusing to deal with GDL who was by accounts creating a very unhealthy atmosphere. The real timing problem was not firing the staff at the end of the season prior after it was clear the team quit on the staff.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me what the hell went through the AD's mind when he signed Edsall for a second time? Let alone when they EXTENDED HIM?
AD Dave has a twisted sense of humor, he sits in his office reading the BY and all the whining about RE. He just figured, what better way to keep the laughs coming than to extend the Head Coach. Pretty simple actually.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
P should have been canned after his second year. It was clear he was washed up at the time and was never going to turn it around. Warde screwed the pooch twice, with one firing. And for that he gets a massive promotion.

Reaction Score
That team was playing hard for TJ and started clicking to close out the season. Many dumped on 3 consecutive FBS wins as garbage but we would be jumping for joy to see that now. TJ had them playing hard and getting after it. The locker room fell apart due to PP refusing to deal with GDL who was by accounts creating a very unhealthy atmosphere. The real timing problem was not firing the staff at the end of the season prior after it was clear the team quit on the staff.
TJ got it done on the field. I found his uptempo game enjoyable to watch and successful. IMO, at UConn you take the coach who’s won the last 3 games of the season - we now have won 6 games in half a decade. Then let TJ bring in his own staff. Lashlee was better than Randy too. He may have been successful and left by now but we would likely be in a better place.

Reaction Score
AD Dave has a twisted sense of humor, he sits in his office reading the BY and all the whining about RE. He just figured, what better way to keep the laughs coming than to extend the Head Coach. Pretty simple actually.
Direct and to the point.

Maybe there is a gif out there with AD Dave having a chuckle on his face as he reads the BY thread on RE?

Or one from the Office where Dwight reads a chart showing the market diving , and then cackles.

Reaction Score
That’s correct, you have no idea.

Well, the poster I responded to thinks I do. Which begs the question why you felt the need to interject with yet another post that is nonsensical.

Chief, why not take a moment before you post yet another unending stream of platitudes and ask yourself this question: Is this post logical and does it add anything to the conversation?

You could even ask yourself that question in the third person ;)

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Joe Moglia (former Coastal Carolina coach) might be bored. He's already a multi-millionaire and doesn't need the money. After handing the reins over to Chadwell (for medical reasons) he may still hold some role at CC. I'd say Jamey Chadwell, but they just doubled his salary to over 850K at Coastal, and with them finishing last year ranked at #14 (and beating BYU), he'd go upward if he left at all. Coastal is fun to watch and it's hard to believe they didn't even play football until 2003.

Eh, who am I kidding? We're doomed.

Reaction Score
The Holy Cross coach has a very good resume , and he has coached in the northeast throughout.. Only 44 years old, this is what Uconn needs.
Yeah but he hasn't exactly coached against world beaters at his level. I'd prefer to look to JMU, North/South Dakota state or some other HC from top of the FCS level. Only if Moorhead isn't brought home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom