The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 81 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Slowing down for sure - going to the boot frequently - lots of talking. This boy is almost done.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
2F4A3B8C-8E49-4BA1-89FB-B76C68C5F94D.jpeg

Reaction Score
Heartbreak Hill is what? 30-35 minutes? How many challenges hit the skids around that point?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Good effort but this won't end well. Way too much talking and liquid - hasn't touched the sides. Going to the phone. I'm calling this just about done.

Reaction Score
His steak is very medium rare, I think a more medium-well is a better choice for chew-digestion

Reaction Score
Wait, is that a steak with a side of steak? I thought it was one plate. I'm out.
No sir. I missed it but I think she cut the steak in half (I believe the cut is filleted to be one slab) and used two plates. I can only assume here. Each person starts with one plate and the same amount of food. What they do with it is up to them I guess.

Reaction Score
Someone please put out an APB for some real contenders. Seems like we have some folks who come to sit at the table and walk away with leftovers they'll never finish in three days.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain how they are cooking the steaks? It's like everything I read not to do. They flip it several times, then drop the weight on it. I've always understood its best to put it on the grill and leave it alone. And the weight?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain how they are cooking the steaks? It's like everything I read not to do. They flip it several times, then drop the weight on it. I've always understood its best to put it on the grill and leave it alone. And the weight?
I’m not sure, but cross-contamination seems to be a key part of the process.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's ground beef that we were told not to put weights on as the 'fat' is more easily squeezed out causing a dry burger. I don't see these weights as an issue.

And of they aren't big on getting a sear then I don't see the flipping as an issue, either. I think it helps them time the the cook. If they kept a steak idle for 4 minutes while they are multi-tasking then they might lose track as to how long the steaks are on. I know they have mastered the tong steak poke but still.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Flipping and the weight helps them cook evenly. What I can't wrap my mind around is that there are often steaks that are literally on fire... how does that taste good?

Reaction Score

It'd take a lot of flipping to dry out a 5 lb steak. I'm sure it's to cook the thing through without scorching either side.

Reaction Score
We've gotta player but the placement is horrible.

Couple observations on this guy: i) how long before he removes his jacket for the meat sweats? ii) I love how he dropped a crumb of potato on the table, but picked it up with his hand and ate it. This guys not looking for shortcuts! iii) gotta question the camera and/or human placement. Weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom