The “New” PAC12 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The “New” PAC12

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Its kind of funny that Stanford and Cal are now stuck with ASU, WSU, OSU and Utah. All due to leadership and not wanting to accept poor academics.
ASU and Utah are gone. It’s just Stanford, Cal, Washington State, and Oregon State left.

I cannot wait to see how they handle this. They need to invite 8 teams and they are probably all going to be not Stanford or Cal academic quality.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Its kind of funny that Stanford and Cal are now stuck with ASU, WSU, OSU and Utah. All due to leadership and not wanting to accept poor academics.
This, and the current round of CR, might be a great case study for UConn's dual JD/MBA degree program. I can already see students' heads exploding.

Reaction Score
I thought they would pick the best of the MW but the exit fees are too high. Unless the MW can be dissolved by current members, they are probably looking at some kind of merger — no exit fees but kept the PAC name.

Reaction Score
Stuck with just WSU and OSU.

Reaction Score
I thought my UConn doomsday scenario below was a little silly.. then I read the hot take in this thread

Big 12 adds:
✓Arizona
✓Arizona St
✓Utah

Big 10 adds:
✓Oregon
✓Washington

Pac 12 remaining 4 gets to 16 by adding:
All of MW
Hawaii

Big West backfills with:
Sac St

Realignment shuts down again until the Big 3 conferences are ready to consume the ACC like they did the PAC.

Reaction Score
@XStorrsion good stuff but Big 2 conferences will do the consuming. If the Big 12 is still around they may be allowed to have a couple table scraps.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
@XStorrsion good stuff but Big 2 conferences will do the consuming. If the Big 12 is still around they may be allowed to have a couple table scraps.
Yes. In 2030-2031 the B-12 will be in a situation very similar to where the P-12 was these past few weeks. A half dozen years later it will be the ACC's turn.

Reaction Score
I doubt Stanford and Cal care that much. Their status as elite universities is not going to change and if they really wanted to, they can support high level athletics with their endowment (Stanford might)

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
If I'm Dave Benedict I'm on the phone with Palo Alto offering Stanford home and homes in every sport Uconn & them offer

Reaction Score

Those "scraps" are pretty valuable. The only reason the B1G consumed was because the Big 12 had their share. The Big 3 are doing the consuming.

Reaction Score
Yes. In 2030-2031 the B-12 will be in a situation very similar to where the P-12 was these past few weeks. A half dozen years later it will be the ACC's turn.

Nah, the Big 12 won't be in that position in 2031.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Those "scraps" are pretty valuable. The only reason the B1G consumed was because the Big 12 had their share. The Big 3 are doing the consuming.
You can call it the Big Three if you want but the reality is this:

Big three.png

The one to the right is the SEC and the one in the center is the B1G. The little one, a distance away to the left, that's the B-12.

Reaction Score
I was talking about the scraps that would be left over after the Big-whatever and SEC consume the ACC schools.

Big 12 got a good TV deal, I think it's an overpay and their high point. They added a bunch of conference USA schools and some of the least valuable state schools and didn't really expand their footprint and took on more schools that struggle getting viewers. It's a nice payday and it's home for now but they shouldn't feel safe.

Reaction Score
I doubt Stanford and Cal care that much. Their status as elite universities is not going to change and if they really wanted to, they can support high level athletics with their endowment (Stanford might)
If I were them, I would go Independent as soon as the CFP money/bids run out.

Reaction Score
Why couldn’t the BE just add Gonzaga, Stanford, and Cal all in Olympic sports only. While they remain Indy in football

Reaction Score
Why couldn’t the BE just add Gonzaga, Stanford, and Cal all in Olympic sports only. While they remain Indy in football
Cal, Stanford, and Gonzaga Don‘t want their Olympics sports having to fly to the east coast to play games. That would be cost prohibitive

Reaction Score
We need to go into the PAC, whatever's left, with Gonzaga. Gonzaga as a member for all sports but football and UConn as football only. They can cobble together a decent football conference. SDU, UConn, Boise, SMU, 4 leftovers, Hawaii? UC Davis or another UC steps up? We stay in BE for everything else.

Reaction Score
You can call it the Big Three if you want but the reality is this:

View attachment 90372

The one to the right is the SEC and the one in the center is the B1G. The little one, a distance away to the left, that's the B-12.
Yeah, but what you don’t see underneath that little one on the left is UConn buried underneath

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Worse thing about all of realignment, the biggest winner, makes me throw up in my mouth continuously, Rutgirls

Reaction Score
The 4 PAC leftovers can prob pick and choose who they want from Mtn West and AAC. i'd go with 4 Mtn West and 2 AAC schools:

PAC West:
1 Wazzu
2 OR St.
3 Cal
4 Stanford
5 SDSU (second time's the charm)

PAC East:
1 Boise (best football program in Mtn West)
2 UNLV (Vegas market)
3 Colorado St (Denver market)
4 SMU (Dallas market, foothold into TX recruiting)
5 Tulane (NO market, football trending up)

easily remains the 5th best football conference and keeps their auto bid to the CFP
Withdrawn. I Forgot the mtn west exit fee just went up several times over. No one is paying $30+ million to join a “conference” with 4 schools and no tv deal. The 4 PAC leftovers will have to join the Mtn West instead.

Reaction Score
Stanford and maybe Cal might get ACC offers. If that happens the B1G might take another look at them as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom