Terrapins WBB 2021-22 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Terrapins WBB 2021-22

Reaction Score
Miller is listed as day to day. What is Henderson injury?
Not much is known. It appears to be thigh/groin injury - not knee. Dawn is quiet and Destanni is labeled “ day-to- day.”

It appears that big Latecia Amihere will start at PG instead of Henderson. Perhaps Henderson will play - but perhaps not. Although that worked against K State, I’m less confident about it working against Maryland’s talented guards.

Yeah, I’m a bit nervous.

Reaction Score
While not noted as a defensive team, Maryland’s guards may test Amihere more than K-State.
Can you defend her with a guard though?

I'm not a huge believer in this experiment, but seems like sticking a guard on her is asking for post ups.

I do worry about the press.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Can you defend her with a guard though?

I'm not a huge believer in this experiment, but seems like sticking a guard on her is asking for post ups.

I do worry about the press.
LA can throw over the press and if dribbling is needed, Zia will be out there.

Reaction Score
If Miller is able to play, the Terps will try to press. Also, Maryland have tall guards. Miller is 6'3" and Sellers is 6'2". How are the freshmen doing for South Carolina?

Reaction Score
Interesting stats for the Terps.

#1 in the country in made FTs.
#5 in the country in fewest turnovers.

Reaction Score
If Miller is able to play, the Terps will try to press. Also, Maryland have tall guards. Miller is 6'3" and Sellers is 6'2". How are the freshmen doing for South Carolina?

Getting more minutes and looking more comfortable, but not asked to do a whole lot.

Reaction Score
Not much is known. It appears to be thigh/groin injury - not knee. Dawn is quiet and Destanni is labeled “ day-to- day.”

It appears that big Latecia Amihere will start at PG instead of Henderson. Perhaps Henderson will play - but perhaps not. Although that worked against K State, I’m less confident about it working against Maryland’s talented guards.

Yeah, I’m a bit nervous.
I would have thought Dawn would have Zia run the point, or one of the other guards like Littleton. Is Amihere a serviceable ball handler?

Raven Johnson would’ve have definitely been starting at PG I’m sure had she not gotten injured.

I think SC wins in a defensive slugfest, 62-52.

Reaction Score
I'm predicting the Terps 78-75.

Benzan, Bibby and Collins will hit their three pointers and spread South Carolina out. Especially Boston.

Owusu will play like an All American. She may be the best 1-on -1 player in college basketball.

Angel Reese will play as well as she did against Cunane and NC State.

And finally, Miller will play and make a difference.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
If Maryland could control the tempo and goad South Carolina -- who is without a true PG at the moment -- into a running game, I would give Maryland a fighting chance. But I sadly have doubts that this current Maryland team is healthy and deep enough to do that.

Reaction Score
I’ll go SC 81-65 I don’t think Maryland has the size or depth to contend with SC downlow. I think they’re going to have to shoot lights out because SC’s defense and rebounding can be overwhelming even for some of the best teams.

Reaction Score
I'm predicting the Terps 78-75.

Benzan, Bibby and Collins will hit their three pointers and spread South Carolina out. Especially Boston.

Owusu will play like an All American. She may be the best 1-on -1 player in college basketball.

Angel Reese will play as well as she did against Cunane and NC State.

And finally, Miller will play and make a difference.
Same score. Opposite result.

Reaction Score
I’ll go SC 81-65 I don’t think Maryland has the size or depth to contend with SC downlow. I think they’re going to have to shoot lights out because SC’s defense and rebounding can be overwhelming even for some of the best teams.
The rebounding is going to be a big problem for the Terps. Their only hope is to light it up from three. With Benzan, Collins and Bibby they have the potential to do that.

Reaction Score
This is setting up to be a really good game. Maryland is attacking SC bigs almost every possession

Reaction Score
SC takes down Maryland 66-59. Two things from Maryland side that stood out. 24 offensive rebounds given up (after giving up 20 offensive rebounds against Rutgers) and star player Owusu going 3-17. But the Terps played really hard. I really liked how Reese played throughout the game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Terps had the right idea defensively and were in the position you'd want to be against SC in Columbia. The zone hurt the defensive rebounding but you have to pick your poison. Rough game by Owusu and some questionable shot selection did the Terps in. Holding SC to 66 points, under 36% shooting and 3 three pointers is a really good effort.

Reaction Score
Interesting stats for the Terps.

#1 in the country in made FTs.
#5 in the country in fewest turnovers.
Though not technically a turnover....giving up offensive rebounds has the same result. If they fix that...it vastly improves their future outcomes. They have all the pieces.

Reaction Score
Though not technically a turnover....giving up offensive rebounds has the same result. If they fix that...it vastly improves their future outcomes. They have all the pieces.
Yeah, but you thrashed us in turnover margin.

Both teams should be embarrassed at free throw shooting

Reaction Score
Yeah, but you thrashed us in turnover margin.

Both teams should be embarrassed at free throw shooting
I haven't seen the stats (too comfy right now...lol), but from the eye test SC turnovers were probably a lot of Amihere. I know there's buzz about her being 6' 4" at that position, but don't get use to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom