Terrapins WBB 2021-22 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Terrapins WBB 2021-22

Reaction Score

Came across this article about Zoe Young. Impressive lady and I applaud Coach Friese for how she handled the situation. It couldn't have been easy, but this is another example of what we don't see in the background with this sport.

Reaction Score
Sad about Zoe Young. She was a hot prospect coming out of Iowa. (Iowa state player of the year). I'm happy she found her calling in life moving forward.

Reaction Score
Sad about Zoe Young. She was a hot prospect coming out of Iowa. (Iowa state player of the year). I'm happy she found her calling in life moving forward.
Agreed. This is something we as fans all forget about these players. They're human and there's more to life than just basketball.

I'm also glad that she found her voice and is providing it in various ways both on and off the court. She's still committed to the team and contributing in a way that works for her. She's involved in organizations that matter to her and helping where she can.

We need to see more stories like this being shared in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Owusu only scores 2 points in the Terps 82-71 victory over Happy Valley University. Something is very wrong in Terpland. Reese with only 4 rebounds. PSU hit close to 60% of their shots but committed 24 turnovers.

Reaction Score
I don't understand what is sad. From reading the article it sounds like she is healthy now but just doesn't want to play anymore. Sounds like she is happier with her new role with the team. Kudos to Brenda for allowing her to stay on scholarship.

Reaction Score
Any word on Owusu after yesterday's game? It didn't look good from the replay and seeing her on crutches was disheartening. Hoping it's nothing serious.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't understand what is sad. From reading the article it sounds like she is healthy now but just doesn't want to play anymore. Sounds like she is happier with her new role with the team. Kudos to Brenda for allowing her to stay on scholarship.
I understand being sad about not getting to watch a player they were excited to see, while still being happy for them. If Raven Johnson decided to go a similar route next year I'd imagine most SC (and non-SC fans) would feel similarly.

Reaction Score
Any word on Owusu after yesterday's game? It didn't look good from the replay and seeing her on crutches was disheartening. Hoping it's nothing serious.
They have not made an announcement on the injury yet.

Reaction Score
Terps win 80-65 over Nebraska. Owusu is still in the boot. I don't expect her to play against Wisconsin but she should be ready for the big game next week against lowa.

Reaction Score
Great win by the Terps over Ohio State. On offense it's just Mikesell and Sheldon for Ohio State.
Did I hear correctly during the broadcast that this was the eighth win in a row? Building momentum at the right time and Michigan is up next.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Great win by the Terps over Ohio State. On offense it's just Mikesell and Sheldon for Ohio State.
Freese's halftime speech must have been something. It would have been so fun to watch if I was strictly a Maryland fan :eek: Ohio State made 11 3's and many were deep. If one person steps up it's a different team.
The foul situation was frustrating but Maryland was executing better in the second half so it may not have mattered. Mikulasikova doesn't know how to properly defend in the post so Reese had her way with her when she was in. But Reese is so impressive with her hustle and rebounding but she may lose some O-boards if she starts making her first shot. It's also great to see Miller closer to her pre-injury self. She's a game changer.

Reaction Score
Great games by Owusu, Benzan and Miller. Reese had a great first half. If the Terps can get by FGCU, the Stanford game could be surprisingly good.

Reaction Score
Great games by Owusu, Benzan and Miller. Reese had a great first half. If the Terps can get by FGCU, the Stanford game could be surprisingly good.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming game. Who guards Bell? That's what I'm interested in seeing.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to this upcoming game. Who guards Bell? That's what I'm interested in seeing.
The advantage Maryland have is they have played against Bell before when she was at Ohio State. I agree with the above poster. It will be Miller and Sellers. I would be surprised to see Bibby on her a couple possessions. But the Terps like to switch on every screen so it's possible she could be isolated on Benzan a couple of times.

Reaction Score
They switch on everything, so she could find herself guarded by everyone. Gonna be an interesting game strategically.

Reaction Score
The Terps goes to the Sweet 16 in back to back seasons. The Big 3 played very well in the game against FGCU.
Yup. Rolled right over FGCU. Go figure I thought the South Carolina game was going to be the game with the larger point differential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom