Terrapins WBB 2021-22 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrapins WBB 2021-22

Reaction Score
Agreed. Not sure why they're rushing it when she clearly isn't 100%. Even if they lose a game or 2 what's more important is making sure it heals properly so she'll be good to go for Big Ten and NCAAs.
Especially when it's the knees. It's probably the mom in me but I'm thinking long term health here. Pushing it too soon could put her back further or possibly worse.

I'm sure that the training staff are doing their best but man, considering their overall schedule I don't think these games are worth it.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Not sure why they're rushing it when she clearly isn't 100%. Even if they lose a game or 2 what's more important is making sure it heals properly so she'll be good to go for Big Ten and NCAAs.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
I got faith in Maryland and Coach Frese. This should be an exciting game.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Diamond can stay out of foul trouble and Sellers can step up fir us to have a chance. Even though it's a tall order lets go Terps!

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Diamond can stay out of foul trouble and Sellers can step up fir us to have a chance. Even though it's a tall order lets go Terps!
I think you meant Angel staying out of foul trouble. Only 7 players. Ouch.

Reaction Score
The depleted Terps goes down to NC State 78-60. The differences in the game were poor shooting (good defense by NC State?) by Maryland. Also, Maryland got dominated on the boards. 47-34. Congrats to the Wolfpack.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The depleted Terps goes down to NC State 78-60. The differences in the game were poor shooting (good defense by NC State?) by Maryland. Also, Maryland got dominated on the boards. 47-34. Congrats to the Wolfpack.
As I noted in the Chat room, strong points for Maryland were Angel Reese (very good game) and Shyanne Sellers continuing to impress. Everyone else who played for the Terrapins had a pretty forgettable game. It would've been tough just with 6 players.

I understand Benzan and Masonius didn't make the trip, but is Miller day to day? Is there a chance she plays vs. Stanford?

Reaction Score
Reese looks improved this year, especially against taller opponents. She didn’t have the full year last year to gain that experience. Her problem is staying out of foul trouble so she can stay on the court. Big test on Saturday against Brink and huge test coming up against Boston and Cardoso.

Reaction Score
The injuries are an excuse to a point but this team has the same defensive issues last year's did. Owosu and Reese just don't lock in.

Reaction Score
Faith Masonius is back with the team so that is great news. The hope is Katie Benzan will be back before the Miami game on Thursday. Diamond Miller is still day to day.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Faith Masonius is back with the team so that is great news. The hope is Katie Benzan will be back before the Miami game on Thursday. Diamond Miller is still day to day.
So it’s been a week, any further update on Diamond? To me, Maryland has done well handling these issues and will be better for it down the line.
It’s also harder on teams when they now have a target on their back. Last year the Terps took many by surprise after all the transfers out but this year with everyone returning plus a healthy Reese and the freshman, the Terps have “bullseye” circled on everyone’s schedule.

Reaction Score
I think everyone will play against South Carolina. Diamond Miller participated fully in warmups on Sunday but didn't play. The Terps have a game on Wednesday at home against Purdue so we'll see if she'll play in that one.

Reaction Score
I think everyone will play against South Carolina. Diamond Miller participated fully in warmups on Sunday but didn't play. The Terps have a game on Wednesday at home against Purdue so we'll see if she'll play in that one.
Hopefully she can loosen up Wednesday with at least a little playing time.

Expect a rabid and packed house Sunday.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This game is personal for me since I have more family members that graduated from Maryland than anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Miller didn't play against Purdue. Not sure what her status will be for our game Sunday. Gamecock PG Destanni Henderson is still day-to-day and is not expected to play Sunday against Maryland. Amihere is still set to be PG1.....

Reaction Score
Miller didn't play against Purdue. Not sure what her status will be for our game Sunday. Gamecock PG Destanni Henderson is still day-to-day and is not expected to play Sunday against Maryland. Amihere is still set to be PG1.....
While not noted as a defensive team, Maryland’s guards may test Amihere more than K-State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom