Tennessee | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some LV fans are really sick in their minds, especially after last nights embarrassment. Over at their site, fans are oogling over the teams "dolled Up" photos. They even posted a picture of one of UConn's older teams, comparing their looks to a picture of the current LVs roster. Some of the comments by their posters seem lewd, and disrespectful. What kind of show are they running over there?
As you know, the folks that moderate the BY do a pretty effective job of targeting any posts that are overly confrontational, mean spirited, sexist or outright inappropriate. VolNation is much more free wheeling. Through the years I have seen a number of posts on VolNation that go far beyond what would be acceptable on the BY.

One other element of VolNation that is different than the BY. A number of years ago the BY moved all “in game” discussion to the Chat room. While I no longer spend any time in the Chat room, if you ever have gone there during a game, you know it tends to be prone to emotional and sometimes highly critical remarks about UConn WBB. At some point those in game threads are deleted.

On VolNation, in game threads are posted right along with all other WBB threads for posterity, and for everyone and anyone to read.

Reaction Score
I see the same stuff on gamecock forums. After Chloe Kitts commitment there were a few comments about how she was "easy on the eyes" and such.

Reaction Score
I see the same stuff on gamecock forums. After Chloe Kitts commitment there were a few comments about how she was "easy on the eyes" and such.
Every fan base has its share of bad eggs. I know from personal experience, the “fans” who post on Twitter and message boards aren’t reflective of the ones you meet in real life.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Just saw highlights from last night but it looks like more of the same for the LVs....extremely athletic team that dominates the glass but is extremely turnover prone. Getting everyone to work together is going to be a tall task for Harper as well. She has a ball dominant player in Horston who is used to carrying a heavy load, another ball dominant forward in Rickea Jackson who has been a go to her entire collegiate career, a PG, and then a severely underutilized 6-6 post in Tamari Key. A lot of times throwing a lot of talent together doesn't work or takes considerable time to gel.

The bright spot from highlights is Powell. Boy she is fast and appeared to do a great job finishing around the basket. Tennessee had some good moments but completely fell apart in the 3rd. Reminded me a lot of the meltdown at UCONN last year. Still lots of reason to be excited about the team this year, but also a healthy reminder that this team is probably not top 10 caliber right now and needs to improve quite a bit before they can be considered a legitimate title threat.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 3.17.37 PM.png

I found this post on VolNation to be interesting. I have no doubt TN will get better as the season goes on. The loss is nothing in the grand scheme of things, facing a very good Ohio St team on the road as a season opener won't change anything for them. It was tough going but maybe it can help down down the road. But I do think the turnover issue will be their biggest obstacle they will have to address as a team this year. There are zero talent or depth issues. We can point to the turnovers due to it being a season opener, but statistically it has been the norm for years with no signs of improvement.

Horston will carry the team as best she can but someone else as a ball handler has to step up. Harper has to coach way better in how they handle this.

Reaction Score
Hope Horston is okay, kid clearly works very hard.

On a positive note, the turnovers got cut down to 18 today. :)

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I think Massey predicted Tennessee score exactly right and might have misssed umass score by a couple points. So accurate. Yikes!!

Reaction Score

They had 8 in the 1st quarter alone. Half-time adjustment?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Tennessee you later but not in Dallas come late March/early April.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Man I hope Horston is okay. She had last season cut short and seemed poised and ready to have a really great senior year for Tennessee. Fingers crossed she's able to return to 100% quickly.

Reaction Score

Sounds like it’s not season ending, so that’s great news! Hope she’s not out too long.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Love to see the hometown kid get to do this on his senior night

Now back to pulling against Tennessee on Monday Night :D

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Love to see the hometown kid get to do this on his senior night

Now back to pulling against Tennessee on Monday Night :D

That's after 66 points and 700 yards of offense.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Wayyyullll… since we're talkin football…

“Tennessee's offense looked like a shell of itself, finishing with its fewest points in a game this season and 2-14 on third down. Georgia's defense hounded Vols quarterback Hendon Hooker, sacking him six times and forcing an interception.”

Will Tennessee score as many points tomorrow night as they did on Saturday, or will 66 be their total fouls plus turnovers?
Or…. will Coach Harper's total of unused timeouts continue towards her target of 66?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Yay!

BTW, hearing Jeff Walz has some competition for going after the young ones. Tennessee hosted a 5th grader on an unofficial visit a few weeks back. Yes, a kid in the 5th grade.

Reaction Score
Have a question for Tennessee fans. What's the situation with Striplin? She came in highly touted along with Puckett, playing for the same AAU program. Is it a team depth issue, injury, etc.?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I haven't heard of a injury to her. I think it's a depth issue. Could be due to practice. There are some very talented players on the roster. I think she will get a chance here soon.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we see a sense or urgency from this team tonight. That's what i feel has been missing outside of the glaring yearly problem of turnovers never getting resolved smh . Long season ahead .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom