Tennessee | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Exhibition game Sunday vs Carson Newman. How much does Tennessee win by?
In the 2018-2019 season Tennessee beat Carson Newman by 69 points (128-59) in an exhibition game. The Vols ended up losing a total of 13 games that season. Maybe don't be so concerned with a big margin of victory in this game as good things don't always follow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the 2018-2019 season Tennessee beat Carson Newman by 69 points (128-59) in an exhibition game. The Vols ended up losing a total of 13 games that season. Maybe don't be so concerned with a big margin of victory in this game as good things don't always follow.
All exhibitions should be taken with a grain of salt. It’s a chance for the players to get their feet wet, coaches to work on different combinations or schemes, give an early sneak peak of the team to the fans. It’s a small appetizer for when the real season rolls around in a couple weeks.

Unless you lose or barely beat a vastly inferior team these exhibitions mean absolutely nothing in terms of how good someone may be.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I get that. That was also a different team. I think this team can be the best team at Tennessee since 08 championship team.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I get that. That was also a different team. I think this team can be the best team at Tennessee since 08 championship team.
LOL Okay. We should then expect this team to win by what, 100 points?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
All exhibitions should be taken with a grain of salt. It’s a chance for the players to get their feet wet, coaches to work on different combinations or schemes, give an early sneak peak of the team to the fans. It’s a small appetizer for when the real season rolls around in a couple weeks.

Unless you lose or barely beat a vastly inferior team these exhibitions mean absolutely nothing in terms of how good someone may be.
Yeah. My post was not meant to be taken seriously. I was mocking the question about MOV.

I'll just move right along.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Sophomore guard Kaiya Wynn said she can always hear Suárez’s voice on the court. She’s a consistent, uplifting presence for the team, which Harper noted as well. “That's been a really good thing for her teammates," Harper said, "to be able to hear from her and have that constant voice.”

Suárez brings a different edge to the team, McCorvey said. She saw firsthand how Suárez’s confidence blossomed, due in part to her dedication to working on her own. She gets extra shooting practice at least every other day, and it will pay off for her this season. “(She) adds more depth, both offensively and defensively,” McCorvey said. “Her ability to score, her ability to push in transition, come off ball screens, post up and also defend and rebound. It's huge for our team and again, it just speaks to the depth that we have.”

...“She's very crafty with her passes or finishes, ball fakes,” Lady Vols guard Jordan Horston said. “But the main thing I really notice about Marta is how efficient she is. She is very efficient, she can get a rebound, she can hit a three – open three, contested. She's just good around the basket, good with her finishes.”

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...-basketball-final-four-favorites/69581606007/

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's game day! The terrific trio Key, Jackson, Horston play tonight.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A few quick thoughts on the game.
Rickea Jackson looked like she didn't miss a beat. She is going to be a problem for defenses.
Marta Suarez looked real good. Shot the ball really good.
Justine Pissott has a beautiful shot and long range. She is going to be a really good player.
Sara Puckett looked real good. She has improved.

Reaction Score
A few quick thoughts on the game.
Rickea Jackson looked like she didn't miss a beat. She is going to be a problem for defenses.
Marta Suarez looked real good. Shot the ball really good.
Justine Pissott has a beautiful shot and long range. She is going to be a really good player.
Sara Puckett looked real good. She has improved.
I'm watching it now! So much talent for Tennessee. Suarez hit some tough shots.she also just has like a veteran presence. She could start but makes sense as part of a second unit. But I probably would start Puckett instead of two small guards. Anyways after a slow start I thought they played real well.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee hit 12 shots from behind the three-point line. Now this game is done. I think Harper will tighten the rotation a bit. To get ready for the opener at Ohio St.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Tennessee hit 12 shots from behind the three-point line. Now this game is done. I think Harper will tighten the rotation a bit. To get ready for the opener at Ohio St.
12 of 28 from 3 land. 43%. Not bad. Not great.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are FF tickets on sale yet?

brakes-slamming-on-the-brakes.gif

Reaction Score
Tennessee's offense looked like night and day from the last 10 years yesterday in the exhibiton . I was highly surprised at their shooting and multiple options and line ups they could put on the floor to produce. Every bit of a top 5 team . Rickea at the 4 will be a terror this season . They have a strong solid nucleaus right now with Horston , Jackson , Key , Suarez . The PG battle is interesting as well Powell seems like the most talented yet Walker and Miles still play harder on defense imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom