Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
She's fun to watch. Am I right that she's the only freshman coach Harper signed for next season except the walk-on, Darby? Vandy signed Pissott's Philly Rise teammate, Ryanne Allen. They should have a good time facing off the next few years. Both can shoot it.

Reaction Score

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She's fun to watch. Am I right that she's the only freshman coach Harper signed for next season except the walk-on, Darby? Vandy signed Pissott's Philly Rise teammate, Ryanne Allen. They should have a good time facing off the next few years. Both can shoot it.
Yes I have been waiting to see Pissott play. I think she is going to have a nice career at Tennessee. Yes Edie Darby a walk on. I think will be next year for she sees the court. Allen should help Vandy. I think Vandy will be better this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it will be a battle, When Tennessee and SC play. Should be a good game.
SC should still beat them by 10-15 points in my opinion. SC should be undefeated (more than likely next year….), but we’ll see.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
SC should still beat them by 10-15 points in my opinion. SC should be undefeated (more than likely next year….), but we’ll see.
I see it a game that will be close. Maybe even come down to the buzzer. Going undefeated in the SEC is tough.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think it will be a battle, When Tennessee and SC play. Should be a good game.
Maybe. But Tennessee has A LOT of new pieces, so I’d be surprised if they come out the gate super impressive. Relying on immediately eligible transfers to make an impact can be rough. These aren’t talented freshmen.. these are players that have been contributors at other programs who expect to continue contributing at that same level and had no off transfer year to adjust. They will have to learn during the season how to be a team.

LVs have the talent, so now Harper will really have to figure out chemistry. I do think Harper will right the ship early on in conference play though and Tennessee will be a hard out later on.

The same can be said about LSU. Still, I expect both to be tough teams to beat for most based off talent alone.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Maybe. But Tennessee has A LOT of new pieces, so I’d be surprised if they come out the gate super impressive. Relying on immediately eligible transfers to make an impact can be rough. These aren’t talented freshmen.. these are players that have been contributors at other programs who expect to continue contributing at that same level and had no off transfer year to adjust. They will have to learn during the season how to be a team.

LVs have the talent, so now Harper will really have to figure out chemistry. I do think Harper will right the ship early on in conference play though and Tennessee will be a hard out later on.

The same can be said about LSU. Still, I expect both to be tough teams to beat for most based off talent alone.
I understand your point. I think the team may take a few games to get rolling. The thing I'm most interested in seeing. Is what's the rotation look like?

Reaction Score
I don't think it will be that easy. It too the team a long time to settle down when Tyasha and Kiki left, even though they'd all been together and Boston, Beal and Cooke were already seasoned starters. I expect a similar time this year as the team adjusts to new roles for most of the team.

Reaction Score
Not in Men's basketball, or men's or women's soccer.
It is easier to run the table in women's basketball than men's basketball in the SEC. On the men side anybody can literally beat you. I could not honestly tell you who is the best team in the SEC on the men side. On the women side it has been done 3 times since 2016.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I understand your point. I think the team may take a few games to get rolling. The thing I'm most interested in seeing. Is what's the rotation look like?
You have a very good foundation. 3 of your starting 5 should be Horston, Jackson and Key. I do know that much. But other than that.. Harper has options, which is important when players don't perform as expected. Plug and play.

Reaction Score
It slipped your mind, and they will probably slip in the real polls. :rolleyes: Also, there has not been a repeat National Champion since 2015.
who is beating them, Stanford? Don't see anyone beating SC if they are healthy.

Reaction Score
I
who is beating them, Stanford? Don't see anyone beating SC if they are healthy.
a Kentucky or a Missouri..

The road and the season are long. Or a UConn, Stanford, Maryland, Oregon or Tennessee - all of whom we will play on the road, )( Oregon site has not yet been determined)

Reaction Score
I

a Kentucky or a Missouri..

The road and the season are long. Or a UConn, Stanford, Maryland, Oregon or Tennessee - all of whom we will play on the road, )( Oregon site has not yet been determined)
talking about the ntl title, who cares if they lose a random game.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You have a very good foundation. 3 of your starting 5 should be Horston, Jackson and Key. I do know that much. But other than that.. Harper has options, which is important when players don't perform as expected. Plug and play.
Yes I think those three will start. Adding a post player was needed. Franklin has played for Harper before. Hollingshed has a lot of potential. Another thing I am waiting to see. Is how much the returning players have improved. Puckett will be better. This roster is deep. So Harper will have a lot of options.

Reaction Score
talking about the ntl title, who cares if they lose a random game.
OK scratch Mizzou and Kentucky; UConn, Stanford, Maryland, Oregon and Tennessee are all still possibilities - some more than others.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Quickly getting drunk off my new drinking game, take a shot every time USC fans turn a thread that has nothing to do with USC into a thread about USC. Kind of impressive that you're almost getting me to want to root for Tennessee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom