Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Quickly getting drunk off my new drinking game, take a shot every time USC fans turn a thread that has nothing to do with USC into a thread about USC. Kind of impressive that you're almost getting me to want to root for Tennessee...
They're entering Notre Dame fan territory which is an accomplishment.

Reaction Score

Was surprised her minutes were under 10 minutes yesterday. Didn't notice if she suffered an injury (hoping not) or if it was a coach's decision based on how the game was going.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Was surprised her minutes were under 10 minutes yesterday. Didn't notice if she suffered an injury (hoping not) or if it was a coach's decision based on how the game was going.
I didn't see the game. I think she will fit in nicely at Tennessee. I think she will have a good freshman season.

Reaction Score
Quickly getting drunk off my new drinking game, take a shot every time USC fans turn a thread that has nothing to do with USC into a thread about USC. Kind of impressive that you're almost getting me to want to root for Tennessee...
Go ahead. Turn orange. Visit that orange fan forum.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Someone is salty. I can taste it thru the screen.
Let me be less subtle this time. Nothing about this thread title suggests it's about South Carolina's poll ranking. If folks are salty, it's probably cause they're sick of having to hear about South Carolina in every gosh darned thread on this board.

Reaction Score
Let me be less subtle this time. Nothing about this thread title suggests it's about South Carolina's poll ranking. If folks are salty, it's probably cause they're sick of having to hear about South Carolina in every gosh darned thread on this board.
That comment was made directly to the Tennessee fan that created this thread in a joking manner and it was obvious the Tennessee fan understood that, likely bc it's how all of the teams in this conference interact. If we are going for each other's throats or meaning to seriously insult each other it's very, very obvious and that wasn't even in the same stratosphere as when we go at each other. It's cute that it upset you and Donald so much though. Maybe the two of you can get together and discuss it over coffee and console one another.

And South Carolina can post in threads on this board without your approving of it. Pretty sure that's why it's called the GENERAL women's basketball discussion forum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

I thought most of the posts the original "slipped my mind" comment seemed get it was a joke. They came across as typical SEC rivalry chatter to me, along with insights on the upcoming season.

Reaction Score
confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

I thought most of the posts the original "slipped my mind" comment seemed get it was a joke. They came across as typical SEC rivalry chatter to me, along with insights on the upcoming season.
That's all it was. It amuses me that the same ppl get upset about stuff like that every single time. The funny thing is, if ppl came into the Gamecock thread on here making comments, I'm pretty sure none of us would care and would welcome the banter and then once the banter moves on, we are back to joking around with each other with no hard feelings. It always strikes me as odd that other fan bases don't understand that about us.

Reaction Score
Maybe. But Tennessee has A LOT of new pieces, so I’d be surprised if they come out the gate super impressive. Relying on immediately eligible transfers to make an impact can be rough. These aren’t talented freshmen.. these are players that have been contributors at other programs who expect to continue contributing at that same level and had no off transfer year to adjust. They will have to learn during the season how to be a team.

LVs have the talent, so now Harper will really have to figure out chemistry. I do think Harper will right the ship early on in conference play though and Tennessee will be a hard out later on.

The same can be said about LSU. Still, I expect both to be tough teams to beat for most based off talent alone.

I'm not sure I see the Vols being much different, which certainly isn't bad.

I doubt SC goes undefeated in league.

Reaction Score
I think SC, LSU and Tennesse are the three top teams in the SEC.
LSU is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. Great haul from the portal to partner with Alexis Morris.

I also think Georgia could turn some heads, although they probably won’t threaten the three you listed.

Reaction Score
With the portal and so much turnover with players AND coaches in this league, it will be interesting to see how things will end up. Kentucky, TAMU, Florida, Georgia, and LSU completely flipped their rosters. Tennessee added some dynamic players on top of their already talented roster. SC has their core back, have added two incredibly talented freshmen and last year's freshman class has had a year in the system and a summer to improve. I think they will make a huge jump. Should be a fun year.

Reaction Score
I think SC, LSU and Tennesse are the three top teams in the SEC.
The 3 rowdiest WBB fan bases in the SEC. We need to create someplace that won't upset others where the 3 of us can just have at it when the season starts. LOL.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That comment was made directly to the Tennessee fan that created this thread in a joking manner and it was obvious the Tennessee fan understood that, likely bc it's how all of the teams in this conference interact. If we are going for each other's throats or meaning to seriously insult each other it'
You took my post the wrong way. It was not meant to be serious, except for there has not been a repeat champion since 2015 It Did Not upset me.

Reaction Score
You took my post the wrong way. It was not meant to be serious, except for there has not been a repeat champion since 2015 It Did Not upset me.
I was way off bc I definitely interpreted it in a different way. My apologies. Sometimes it's hard to read things and know how it was intended without the benefit of voice inflection, facial expression, etc. I've had things I've meant sarcastically, funny or in other ways misinterpreted many, many times bc of the same type of thing.

Reaction Score
Yes I think those three will start. Adding a post player was needed. Franklin has played for Harper before. Hollingshed has a lot of potential. Another thing I am waiting to see. Is how much the returning players have improved. Puckett will be better. This roster is deep. So Harper will have a lot of options.
Horston , Jackson , Key , Suarez , Jordan Walker

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I’d say Hurston and Key are set in stone but Key’s backup should get plenty of PT
That was a position of need. Franklin and Hollingshed will fill the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom