Tennessee | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Been the standard since 2008. How’s that working out?
Who knows what would have happened if Horston had played in the tournament. Georgia hadn't won a national championship since 1980 in football. They finally got one last year.

Reaction Score
Who knows what would have happened if Horston had played in the tournament. Georgia hadn't won a national championship since 1980 in football. They finally got one last year.
Yeah, but Georgia fans didn’t claim national championships as “the standard.”

Of course, pre-season championships were the “standard” for UGA fans.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Georgia fans didn’t claim national championships as “the standard.”

Of course, pre-season championships were the “standard” for UGA fans.
I think this is the best chance for a championship. That Tennessee has been in a few years. Providing no key injuries happen. The depth and talent on this team.

Reaction Score

The first time I tried to "like" this post I received a prompt asking me if I was sure I wanted to do that. What in the world? I've never had that happen before when I've "liked" posts of all types on here.

I'm not sure if Vol fans knew about the ESPY award voting that is going on but there is one category that has Candace as a nominee. The link to the voting site is in the Gamecock thread and should be on either the last or next to last page. Just wanted to share that with you to make sure Candace gets as many votes as possible. :)

ETA: Here's the link so you don't have to dig thru the thread to find it. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Lady Vols are loaded at every position....We know that SC is the current champ (for now) but the LVs will give them all they want this season....

In any event, this is what all fan bases live for; exciting competition....

Reaction Score
The Lady Vols are loaded at every position....We know that SC is the current champ (for now) but the LVs will give them all they want this season....

All they want?? Yeah we will see about that.

Reaction Score
All the bystanders just watching SC and Tennessee fans go at it in this thread:
pigeon-popcorn.gif

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It would be nice is TN could give SCar a run and tenderize the Gamecocks a bit for us. ;)

Reaction Score
It would be nice is TN could give SCar a run and tenderize the Gamecocks a bit for us. ;)
That which does not kill me makes me stronger. A loss or two in the conference doesn't weaken you during the tournament it just makes you appear vulnerable.

We play UT on the road during the regular season (and Stanford, UConn and Maryland . . . maybe Oregon too). A loss in Knoxville wouldn't shock me. A loss in the SEC tourney - in Greenville, SC - would shock me - a bit)

Reaction Score

Tennessee has a lot of bodies, but the question is will they mesh. Will Kelly be able to manage a 15-player roster with players that don't know the pecking order? Tennessee is bringing in almost a new starting five of older players to go along with players who have played a lot of minutes. Will they be OK with extended time on the bench? It only takes a couple to upset the apple cart. SC had a 15-player roster and it worked out because the players coming in were young and they knew they were coming to a National Championship caliber team. The pecking order was already established. Tennessee does not have that luxury. That being said, if Kelly can manage the situation and get everyone to buy in and accept their role, this could be a special season for Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has a lot of bodies, but the question is will they mesh. Will Kelly be able to manage a 15-player roster with players that don't know the pecking order? Tennessee is bringing in almost a new starting five of older players to go along with players who have played a lot of minutes. Will they be OK with extended time on the bench? It only takes a couple to upset the apple cart. SC had a 15-player roster and it worked out because the players coming in were young and they knew they were coming to a National Championship caliber team. The pecking order was already established. Tennessee does not have that luxury. That being said, if Kelly can manage the situation and get everyone to buy in and accept their role, this could be a special season for Tennessee.

All good points........The strong talent brought in through the portal, came to play now.....It will be a challenge to spread minutes among them all, but if she can, the season will be very exciting and rewarding....Kellie has a fun personality and enjoys being the head coach....We've been caught short with an unusual number of injuries many times to our top talent.....With a deep talented roster, perhaps an injury can be less devastating to the team ...In any event, you guys are the current champ, and it was well earned...Much respect from this Lady Vol fan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All good points........The strong talent brought in through the portal, came to play now.....It will be a challenge to spread minutes among them all, but if she can, the season will be very exciting and rewarding....Kellie has a fun personality and enjoys being the head coach....We've been caught short, with an unusual number of injuries, too many times to our top talent.....With a deep, talented roster, perhaps an injury can be less devastating to the team ...In any event, you guys are the current champ, and it was well earned...Much respect from this Lady Vol fan.
Thanks. Didn't mean to spell "Kellie" with a "y".

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Are the LadyVols playing all the Tennessee mid-majors again this year or did they replace them with some "respectable" teams? SC, Texas, Stanford and UConn are great teams, but are there any others of note? I look forward to seeing all the great teams playing each other. Who cares about rankings, means nothing to real fans, just want to see some intense basketball with the ever-changing climate of WBB. The talent wealth has never been better, now we need all these up-and-coming teams to play each other to build the game.

Reaction Score
Are the LadyVols playing all the Tennessee mid-majors again this year or did they replace them with some "respectable" teams? SC, Texas, Stanford and UConn are great teams, but are there any others of note? I look forward to seeing all the great teams playing each other. Who cares about rankings, means nothing to real fans, just want to see some intense basketball with the ever-changing climate of WBB. The talent wealth has never been better, now we need all these up-and-coming teams to play each other to build the game.
I agree. I believe the SEC will have a good deal of intense basketball the coming season. I may be whistling Dixie but I believe UGA and MSST will be much better this season and really do not see any total mismatches in the SEC. Any SEC team that goes undefeated in conference play will be a NC threat.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Hard to criticize scheduling when those teams are the top 4 in the country going into next year

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Hard to criticize scheduling when those teams are the top 4 in the country going into next year
As I said, rankings mean nothing to a real fan. I'm only inquiring about their OOC schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom