Tennessee @ Notre Dame (16) - 11/11/19 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Notre Dame (16) - 11/11/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
They were pretty good and I can’t take that from them but not I don’t consider ND like the 96 Bulls or AO or Jackie Young generational talents. Generational talents are like Taurasi, Moore, Parker, Holdsclaw, Ionescu, Griner, Delle Donne.....
You left out Stewie who when she finishes might be the best of all. She dors it on both ends of the floor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suppose to create maximum psychological torture for the fan base, TN should win, find a way to get into the top 20, believe they are better than they are and get whacked multiple times in SEC play and by UConn. :D

Tennessee gets out in front early and wins comfortably 74 - 63 .

1573570337017.png

Reaction Score
You left out Stewie who when she finishes might be the best of all. She dors it on both ends of the floor.
I was naming randomly, couldn’t really think of everybody

Reaction Score
I think that one of the things we have seen over the past few years is the spread of the wealth of talent in women's basketball. And this is great for the game. Ten years ago a game between Tennessee and Notre Dame would have been hyped to the enth degree but now the headlines are for Oregon, South Carolina and, of course, the perennial, Uconn.

Reaction Score
I like what I have seen from Tennessee this year. Yes there are things to improve on. I think Key has a chance to be a real good player. Horston is going to be really good.

Agreed , Horston is going to be really really good !

Reaction Score
Well so much for Irish prayers. Clark to Iowa. In my opinion this is a direct reflection on the perception and reputation that McGraw has built at ND. Clark wants to play for a NC contender, she has stated that is a high priority of hers. She sees Iowa as a better opportunity for a NC or the thought of being in the ND “family” environment was too difficult to imagine . 5 years ago ND would not have (did not, should say) lose out on top players like this.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It sounds to me like there may be something going on behind the scenes that we dont know about. A couple of ND transfers and some turmoil going on behind the scenes could have something to do with it.

Reaction Score
Well so much for Irish prayers. Clark to Iowa. In my opinion this is a direct reflection on the perception and reputation that McGraw has built at ND. Clark wants to play for a NC contender, she has stated that is a high priority of hers. She sees Iowa as a better opportunity for a NC or the thought of being in the ND “family” environment was too difficult to imagine . 5 years ago ND would not have (did not, should say) lose out on top players like this.
Clark has stated that guaranteed playing time is a high priority for her perhaps being higher than playing for a NC title contender. Iowa St has four guards in their 2020 class and most of ND guards are underclassmen. It does seems like something is going on behind the scenes.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Every top recruit says they want to win a national championship, and in their head they think that they'll be the one to lead their new team to it. It doesn't necessarily mean that she thinks she is more likely to win a championship at Iowa, but she thinks it's a possibility and she'll be the backbone. Best of luck, kiddo.

Five years ago, Collier and Samuelson both chose Connecticut over Notre Dame.

Asia Durr chose Louisville.

Notre Dame did okay without them.

There are no flames coming from the Dome.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was naming randomly, couldn’t really think of everybody
“couldn’t really think of everybody” so you inadvertently left out the GREATEST COLLEGE PLAYER OF ALL TIME who was here a mere 4 years ago to boot...me’s thinking you just need to own up that you screwed up and we can move on. :confused:;)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee had the height advantage and used it. Also Notre Dame is replacing last year's starting line-up.

Reaction Score
“couldn’t really think of everybody” so you inadvertently left out the GREATEST COLLEGE PLAYER OF ALL TIME who was here a mere 4 years ago to boot...me’s thinking you just need to own up that you screwed up and we can move on. :confused:;)
No, I don’t have to own up to anything. You have to calm down and rest your nerves sweetie so you can move on. I didn’t want to keep naming UConn players so I started naming players from other schools. And also, in my world Taurasi and Moore come before Stewart regardless of whatever stats you try to bring up. Good day!

Reaction Score
Clark has stated that guaranteed playing time is a high priority for her perhaps being higher than playing for a NC title contender. Iowa St has four guards in their 2020 class and most of ND guards are underclassmen. It does seems like something is going on behind the scenes.

There are no guards at ND, Iowa or Iowa State that would threaten playing time for Clark. I would contend that Clark took Oregon, UConn , Maryland and South Carolina out of the picture for that reason. Her decision between the final three came down to winning a NC, culture and proximity to home in my opinion.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
ND should not have been ranked so high. They are clearly not top 25. They got that ranking purely out of respect for Muffet....

And I still wouldn't want to face them come March.

I agree with hoops more than with WBB. Notre Dame was voted into the top 25 assuming they had Prohaska and Vaughn. If they are available come ACC time and are healthy for the postseason, I think ND will advance at least a couple of rounds.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree with hoops more than with WBB. Notre Dame was voted into the top 25 assuming they had Prohaska and Vaughn. If they are available come ACC time and are healthy for the postseason, I think ND will advance at least a couple of rounds.
I also think the "mandate" in preseason polls isn't particularly clear as to whether pollsters should be predicting how teams will look in Week 1 vs. how they will finish the season.

Reaction Score
To add to all that has been posted. This season so far seems to be very unusual in the fact that so many former top programs have been dropped down so much. I mean we need to add Texas to that number as well. Although, for those that have been following closely, their drop has not been that sudden. I would certainly put them in the " quick decline " category with ND.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom