Notre Dame, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2

Video stream:

Audio:

Live stats:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Guess I'll have to root for the Irish... since they are a fellow ACC team. I won't be crestfallen if they don't win however.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If this game was at Tennessee, I'd say the Vols would win this year. Since the game is in SB, I'll say ND will win.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So what does @stwainfan think on who will win this game... :D
I honestly think this game can go either way.
Notre Dame this year the roster is different. Tennessee the new coaching staff and five new players. Davis is the most experienced starter on the floor. I think both teams can learn a lot from this game. I don't think you can write off the team that losses this game.

Reaction Score
I expect both teams to play a lot of zone and expect a low scoring game. The home team usually wins but the anxiety of living up to expectations that look unobtainable could lead poor execution. But I'd pick McGraw over what's her name.

Reaction Score
My question is who do most UConn fans want to see win...

3fxvjw.jpg

Reaction Score
The outcome of this one won’t surprise me regardless of who wins. Both teams have a ton of question marks but there is potential for both teams as well. I’m not sure it’s fair to count either among the blue blood programs of this season but it’s tough to ignore history.

Reaction Score
The outcome of this one won’t surprise me regardless of who wins. Both teams have a ton of question marks but there is potential for both teams as well. I’m not sure it’s fair to count either among the blue blood programs of this season but it’s tough to ignore history.
I believe UT has the more talented players but ND has the better coach. I think the player difference is not nearly as great as the coach difference so I will go with ND. Fact is neither of these teams are a favorite for me, hate them both about the same!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
My question is who do most UConn fans want to see win...
For me, Tenn hasn’t been relevant in years whereas MM always finds a way to insult, slight and irritate most opposing teams so she can NEVER lose enough for me. On talent alone, this is not a great ND team and would not be ranked intheTop 25 however MM can plan, scheme and coach so they will be good. Jolly is still an unknown with these types of expectations but I will actually be rooting Hard for the LVs. Now, I need some mouth wash after saying that...:confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I suppose to create maximum psychological torture for the fan base, TN should win, find a way to get into the top 20, believe they are better than they are and get whacked multiple times in SEC play and by UConn. :D

Reaction Score
On paper the LadyVols have more returning players than ND, but what swings in ND's favor...they are home and have Muffet.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee has more size. Will that be a factor?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
On paper the LadyVols have more returning players than ND, but what swings in ND's favor...they are home and have Muffet.
Tennessee has more size. Will that be a factor?

Tennessee has more returning players and they're virtually all taller than the Irish:
Courtesy of NDInsider's Anthony Anderson (thanks MPG!): "The eight players who already have started at least once each for the Vols this season go 6-5, 6-4, 6-3, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2, 6-0 and 6-0."

By contrast, ND will have two -- that's right, 2 -- players over six feet: 6'2" forward Sam Brunelle and 6'4" center Danielle Cosgrove. Brunelle is quoted extensively in Anderson's game preview linked below:

Tennessee has Jordan Horston starting and leading the Vols in scoring. Frosh Brunelle and guard Anaya Peoples will start for the Irish. Irish will have to rely on the quickness and scoring of guards Peoples, Katlyn Gilbert and Destinee Walker to run against the Vols. Of course, to do that, they'll have to rely on boxing out and group rebounding.
Might be asking too much -- particularly of Brunelle, who is oten the sole forward -- but we'll see. I'm sure MM will be mixing up every kind of defense she can.

Too bad 6'3" center Mik Vaughn is missing this one, but the good news is she'll come back in three to five weeks (as opposed to being out the whole year).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
For me, Tenn hasn’t been relevant in years whereas MM always finds a way to insult, slight and irritate most opposing teams so she can NEVER lose enough for me. On talent alone, this is not a great ND team and would not be ranked intheTop 25 however MM can plan, scheme and coach so they will be good. Jolly is still an unknown with these types of expectations but I will actually be rooting Hard for the LVs. Now, I need some mouth wash after saying that...:confused:

Listerine? Scope? Some lemon water to rinse? :p;)

You're right, this year is gonna be a challenge, but the cantankerous McGraw (you've got me in the spirit!) loves this kind of situation. Having starting center Mik Vaughn out until the ACC schedule is a drag, but it will force back-up Cosgrove to get much-needed minutes. It might wear Brunelle out, but you know what they say about hardship...;)

Destinee Walker has been out of action for so long that I kinda forgot how smooth an athlete she was. Take a look see tonight.

And then there are the "sisters": Anaya Peoples and Katlyn Gilbert, who have been playing AAU ball together since they were elementary-school kids. Gilbert likes to attack the rim and is smooth. Peoples is strongly built (think Jackie Young) and is not afraid to mix it up.

I'll look for some CVS coupons for you.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suppose to create maximum psychological torture for the fan base, TN should win, find a way to get into the top 20, believe they are better than they are and get whacked multiple times in SEC play and by UConn. :D
1573488144353.png

Reaction Score
As a TN fan I don’t have a good feeling about this Green situation. Rumors swirling​

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lady Vol Roster:

NAMEPOSHTCLASSHOMETOWN
Lou Brown21F6' 3"SRMelbourne, VIC
Rae Burrell12G6' 1"SOLas Vegas, NV
Rennia Davis0G6' 2"JRJacksonville, FL
Zaay Green14G6' 0"SODuncanville, TX
Kamera Harris5F6' 3"SRHampton, GA
Jordan Horston25G6' 2"FRColumbus, OH
Tamari Key20C6' 5"FRCary, NC