Tennessee @ Notre Dame (16) - 11/11/19 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Notre Dame (16) - 11/11/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
We'll see what Muffet can do with this group over time. It looks like the worst ND team I've seen in 20+ years.

The Irish have 3 home losses in 5 years--all to UConn.

Tennessee has size and some nice pieces. They could be ranked in time.

ND had two generational talents at the same time in Jackie Young and AO, add in Turner and Shepard and it was like a version of the '96 Bulls.

Reaction Score
ND had two generational talents at the same time in Jackie Young and AO, add in Turner and Shepard and it was like a version of the '96 Bulls.
Generational talents? 96 Bulls?! You joking?

Reaction Score
ND is turning up the defensive intensity. Muffett wasn't wrong when she said this year's team would have to win from defense. Her guards this year are going to emphasize defense. Effort is what they have right now, as they learn the game the offense will come. They are just too young to pull off the comeback

Reaction Score
Tennessee has a long way to go but they look more organized overall, especially defensively. On offense they have to stop with the turnovers. Half of these turnovers are not forced but self inflicted.

Reaction Score
Compared to every other program not named UConn I think they were an incredible team.
They were pretty good and I can’t take that from them but not I don’t consider ND like the 96 Bulls or AO or Jackie Young generational talents. Generational talents are like Taurasi, Moore, Parker, Holdsclaw, Ionescu, Griner, Delle Donne.....

Reaction Score
If Tennessee can take care of their turnover issue, then this team could be their best since Summit. The offense flows when they don't make errant passes or throw it right into the hands of the defense.

Reaction Score
They’ve gotten looks. I think this team will get better as the season goes. If Brunelle just hit 2 or 3 of her open 3’s this game would be different but it’s good to see they didn’t quit. Hopefully by March they are gelling as a team.

Reaction Score
When Harper proves that she can consistently win, recruits will start flowing into Knoxville. You got the Tenn brand on your side, all you need now is a winning culture.

Reaction Score
Horston looks super athletic but I’m not impressed with her tonight. First time seeing her and her decision making is just not good. I think her biggest area of improvement will come from getting a higher basketball IQ and consistent effort on D. No doubt it will all come together for her.

Brunelle had a lot of flashes tonight but I just don’t think she should be shooting 10 3s per game. She will be a good player in the years to come. I think she would’ve looked really good at the 4 position alongside of ONO.

I think nationally, this freshman class will have a lot of high quality college players.

Reaction Score
Impressive win by Tennessee. Good defense and the good movement and passing on offense (when they didn't turn it over). Cut down on the turnovers and they could be a dangerous team.

Reaction Score
Csmw0cRWEAA-LC2.jpg

Reaction Score
Tenn just beat a weak bunch that just lost their only size.. Tenn's size isn't dominant. It's N Dame's lack of size. I liked Tenn tonight but I'll wait till they play Texas, not that Texas is so good but they have size to match up. Tenn is young but they showed good energy on the road at least till they got gassed late and turned into a turnover machine. 28 to's is a lot.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Watched ND the other night. Brunelle looks out of shape.

Given that she’s one of ND’s tallest players, I’m surprised how loath she is to play in the paint. Early on, it looked like they were playing a 5-out.

Reaction Score
How awesome would it be if, when a reporter asks MM what went wrong it she replied "I don't know, I don't know, we'll just have to go and work harder".... :rolleyes:

OMG, what D1 coach would ever say something like that ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom