Tennessee @ Notre Dame (16) - 11/11/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Notre Dame (16) - 11/11/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Tennessee actually looks like they have an offense. Last year they just were in a constant disarray. I like what I have seen in terms of improvement already in the two quarters I have seen.

Yes they have actually discovered the concept of ball rotation in Knoxville.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ugh most think it's always warm in Texas. 64 at 8am.....39 by 5pm with a low 22 tonight. Jealous of Florida right now!! 50's is perfect!!
It was hotter than Hades here in Texas for so dang long in late summer into fall. We were still in the 90s as late as late October. Can we get a little happy medium going for a while before we freeze over?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So weird seeing ND like this.
I know, I am all broken up over it...NOT. :D

A couple of observations so far,
1. Davis is stepping up as most knew she was capable of doing. The offense has the ball moving around-wow, when was the last time anyone on this thread said that?
2. ND is trying to incorporate many new players, including Brunelle into the ND scheme and that may take some time. There have been spurts where they look good, they just seem a tad more inexperienced than this version of TN.

ESPN has to find some new blood that can do the studio instead of Peck :)mad:) or Landers (who is doing the game color tonight :eek:) as the audience deserves better insight. Heck give me Blair Shaeffer or Anriel Howard, It's just painful listening to Peck.

Reaction Score
Yall think the crowd will rush the court if TN wins? Lol. I can hear the fans now "weez back"

Reaction Score
It was hotter than Hades here in Texas for so dang long in late summer into fall. We were still in the 90s as late as late October. Can we get a little happy medium going for a while before we freeze over?

What part of Texas? I was sick of the heat, but not of fan of 20 degree weather.

I'm actually rooting for Tennessee this year.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Davis is on fire and ND is bricking free throws. Not ideal.

Peoples has terrific potential but someone needs to completely rebuild her shot.

Reaction Score
Tennesee looks solid but they have to clean up those turnovers. 17 turnovers and not even in the 4th is bad.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Vols are much improved from last year, especially shooting. Hard to watch them last year. I wasn't very impressed by the shooting of Harper's previous team in the NCAA tournament, so this is a surprise. Maybe it's true what some Vol fans speculated -- very little emphasis on shooting in Warlick's practices. With the Vols' size -- aren't all the starters over 6'? -- UConn would seem to have an easier time with Notre Dame than with the Tenn. Re Notre Dame, I thought Kaitlyn Gilbert looked promising, until she did free throws; Walker was good; Brunelle disappointing. .

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure if Harper is working with dramatically better talent at Tennessee. We will see if she can maintain it recruiting wise which seemed to be her biggest issues at her previous stops.

Tennessee while erratic at times today actually has moved the ball on offense and look like they actually have a plan unlike Holly's team.

Reaction Score
Hey maybe that UConn-Tennessee game will be more competitive than the one against ND we have coming up in four weeks?

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure if Harper is working with dramatically better talent at Tennessee. We will see if she can maintain it recruiting wise which seemed to be her biggest issues at her previous stops.

Tennessee while erratic at times today actually has moved the ball on offense and look like they actually have a plan unlike Holly's team.
It's Tennessee though. If she can't recruit there she can't recruit anywhere. Her previous stops don't have the name brand recognition for WCBB.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We'll see what Muffet can do with this group over time. It looks like the worst ND team I've seen in 20+ years.

The Irish have 3 home losses in 5 years--all to UConn.

Tennessee has size and some nice pieces. They could be ranked in time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom