Tenn down 43-35 to Chatt in 2nd half (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tenn down 43-35 to Chatt in 2nd half (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
80-71 final. And I reiterate that it never was within 5 for the final 13 mins.

1st game for a new coach with a young team so I wouldn't read TOO much into it, but it does highlight why I - and many others - thought the Vols would struggle this year.

All the expected signs:
- Simmons took 40% of the team's shots, and made only 40% of those.
- Graves was very good but that's all they seem to have
- Burdick, who some have said is the best player on the team, continued to do very little (4 pts, 7 reb).
- Vols had 25 turnovers and it's defense caused just 13 for Chatt

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Chattanooga 80
Tennessee 71

I don't care what you say about how good or decent Chattanooga is supposed to be. This is a stunning loss. Like UCONN losing to Holy Cross or Hartford.

Tennessee starters were Carter, Simmons, Spani, Burdick and Harrison. What a disaster for them. The 2nd half wasn't even close...
Did Massengale play at all?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Typical UTenn offense, plenty of boards, bunches of missed putbacks, total of 6 assists for the entire game!
What a disaster!
Possible fall out of the rankings on Monday?

Reaction Score
So maybe the 2013 commits to Tennessee went there knowing they could get a lot of playing time right away??

This loss might knock them out of the rankings, at least the AP Top 25 (especially if they lose to Georgia Tech too)

Reaction Score
Chat is the team to which Faith Dupree transferred right?

I wonder how she and her former teammates feel about the result?

Makes me very happy. :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Let's see...the LA coach was fired after 4 regular season losses...How many such disasters will Holly be allowed?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is not a strong LV team but giving up 80 points to Chattanooga is stunning.

Reaction Score
80-71 final. And I reiterate that it never was within 5 for the final 13 mins.

1st game for a new coach with a young team so I wouldn't read TOO much into it, but it does highlight why I - and many others - thought the Vols would struggle this year.

All the expected signs:
- Simmons took 40% of the team's shots, and made only 40% of those.
- Graves was very good but that's all they seem to have
- Burdick, who some have said is the best player on the team, continued to do very little (4 pts, 7 reb).
- Vols had 25 turnovers and it's defense caused just 13 for Chatt

Oh, and Kamiko Williams -- whom some fans actually think should start -- had 0 pts, 0 assists, and 2 turnovers.

U

UCONNfan1

Let's see...the LA coach was fired after 4 regular season losses...How many such disasters will Holly be allowed?
I don't think her job is in jeopardy, but come on... it's Chatta-freakin-nooga. Their fans are saying 'nooga is a good team, they expected growing pains, blah blah. But I didn't hear them saying any of that when that yahoo picked them to make it to the final 4, or someone else said they'd end the season as the #7 team in the nation. More like #70...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I don't think her job is in jeopardy, but come on... it's Chatta-freakin-nooga. Their fans are saying 'nooga is a good team, they expected growing pains, blah blah. But I didn't hear them saying any of that when that yahoo picked them to make it to the final 4, or someone else said they'd end the season as the #7 team in the nation. More like #70...
Her job may not be in jeopardy right now, but check back in about 10 games if they don't play better.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
No assists = No Team ball. Didnt get everybody involved in the game. One or two scorers. This will be a long season at Tenn. Look at the rebounds Tenn won the boards big time and lost.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Love to check in at the Summitt now. Just for the laughs. :D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I can see why Holly wanted to postpone the Baylor game until next year. It is not good for women's basketball to have one of the most well know names falling to such lows. Love or hate UT, they attracted people to the sport.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not a total surprise. Look at the stats.

Out of the top 25 on Monday.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
6 assists, 25 turnovers.

Freaking unbelievable.

Reaction Score
But kate fagan picked them for the FInal Four!
Perhaps by final four she meant the last four teams in all of NCAA basketball?

Tenn started the game with 5 straight turnovers and it was downhill from there. Chattanooga was picked to finish 3rd in the Southern Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom