Tenn down 43-35 to Chatt in 2nd half (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tenn down 43-35 to Chatt in 2nd half (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If you just wait a few days, they will be un-ranked.
I suppose Chattanooga gets to keep their positive statistic..Seems unfair! :)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
To put it in perspective, last year's Tennessee team played Chattanooga and won 90–47.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
To put it in perspective, last year's Tennessee team played Chattanooga and won 90–47.

Tennessee lost some major talent off of that team, but that much? You have to wonder if the team has not bought into Holly's philosophy, whatever that is.

Reaction Score
No assists = No Team ball. Didnt get everybody involved in the game. One or two scorers. This will be a long season at Tenn. Look at the rebounds Tenn won the boards big time and lost.

Ugly!!!!!
Fascinating stats 6 Total Asts TOs 25 Rebounds 47/27 TN
Simmons 9-25 23 pts 36% They had a 9 point lead in the ist half down as much as 13 meaningless basket at the end brought 11 point lead by Chat down to 9
Huge Chat win and ugly TN loss
Ariel nada 7 pts 2 Assts Burdick 4 pts 7Rbs little impact Graves 14 pts 8 Rebs Fouled out
Harrison 12 Rbs 13 points but stats over state her play
Ira gone from top 25

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
If there's any justice, they won't be ranked. Losing to a team not only not ranked, but not good enough to make the NCAA Tournament last year. They play in the Southern Conference, a middle of the pack conference, and didn't even win the conference. This isn't quite a Holy Cross, but then again, it isn't quite a Hartford; in one case, better, in thr second, falling short. There's no way one can have a double-digit loss (and it was double digit TN got two gimme baskets in the last 11 second s when the Mocs were beginning to celebrate) to a team like Chattanooga and deserve a ranking. Maybe if you've built up a ranking and have an off-day, but when you are 0-1 and Chattanooga, the question isn't whether you are in the top 2, but whether you are in the top 50.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Would love to hear from the few Tenn visitors as to how they are going to spin this into something positive.

Yes, and I hope we treat them with respect. Seriously. I won't pretend I'm not enjoying this, but I'm enjoying it because of all the obnoxious TN fans who have been @#$#$%^^* over the years—I've met many fine LV fans, and we have some decent visitors, so let's not take any cheap shots at decent fans.

Reaction Score
If there's any justice, they won't be ranked. .

They play @ #22 Ga Tech on Sunday.
A bounceback win and they probably hold on; a loss and they're out.

Reaction Score
Tennessee lost some major talent off of that team, but that much? .

Yes. They lost the top 3 players from a barely-top-10 team, that had little bench and has only a good, not stellar, recruiting class. Oh, and their one center is medicore at best.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone check to see if the Summitt is still standing or has it finally imploded? Are they asking for HW's head yet? Just curious!

My MacBook will not navigate to that page so I have no idea!

:D

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
They play @ #22 Ga Tech on Sunday.
A bounceback win and they probably hold on; a loss and they're out.
I agree that will happen.

Which is not the same as agreeing it is right.

If TN beats Georgia Tech, the right thing to conclude is that Georgia Tech doesn't deserve their ranking. But I think it is entirely possible the LVs will come out fired up and pull off the upset, and Georgia Tech will drop a couple spots, or maybe out, but TN will stay in, maybe down a couple spots.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought Tennessee was supposed to be "under ranked" and will get "overlooked" and "surprise a lot of teams".........

I must have misread those posts!:(

Maybe they were talking about Chattanooga, Tennessee, and you just saw the Tennessee.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Two words of caution folks, "Mo Jo."

Be careful with the schadenfreude.
Why? Do Yankee fans worry about schadenfruede when the Sox lose and they love every second of it? The fact that Tennessee suffered a rather embarrassing loss and that many UCONN fans love every minute of it has zero to do with what will happen to UCONN this season. It's like believing in Santa Claus, altho I'm betting Tony feels it's a bit like Christmas lol... ;)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
And they managed to lose despite a 49–27 rebounding edge. That's huge. I thought maybe it was an anomaly, getting o-bounds off missed shots, but there are more D-bounds than O=bounds.

TN got more free throw attempts if you can believe it.

More fouls called on the Mocs, despite the deliberate fouling at the end, so only a disparity of 3, but it was larger before the end.

The Mocs shot well, but while 47% is good, it isn't like they caught lightning in a bottle. Same with threes - 37% is decent, but it isn't like someone couldn't miss and that caused the loss. Looks like the LVs wanted to win the rebounding battle and did, but other than that, they simply got beat.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If they work hard at it TN can play this into 3 decommitments by 11/14.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Tennessee lost some major talent off of that team, but that much? You have to wonder if the team has not bought into Holly's philosophy, whatever that is.

Perfect timing, I was just about to post that ESPN made a correct, but higly misleading statement in their game summary:

The Lady Vols don't return a single player who started an NCAA tournament game during their run to a regional final last season.

I'm sure everyone here knows why it is misleading, but I bet some of the readers do not.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
altho I'm betting Tony feels it's a bit like Christmas lol... ;)
Speaking of Tony, I'm driving home from the Hartford game (which Hartford won, if anyone cares) when the result went final. I called him, he didn't even say hello, he didn't even say what's up, he just said "I just saw it on gametracker". I may have been calling him to tell him the good news about Hartford, or wish him well at the wedding tomorrow, but he just assumes I'm calling about TN. Of course, he was right, so I gotta give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom