Temple Post Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Zoo,
Why are you so determined to die on this hill?
Sometimes, it can be hurtful emotionally to have an opinion that others don't share, and the body tends to react by "doubling down".

Do I happen to know who the best QB on this team is? As a scientist, I can't say I do with any high level of certainty. So I have to defer to the experts.

Has Mora given me ANY REASON AT ALL not to trust his judgment??? I'd argue that his judgment is the only thing that should matter now, as he has us on track to go to our second bowl game in 3 years. His choice is very likely to be the correct choice...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
So UConn’s social media admin was supposed to find the Temple social media admin, look them in the eyes shake hands and post that instead?

Vine Ok GIF
Yes and today's operating assumption is that something must be posted, worthiness not withstanding.

Reaction Score
You seem really confused. You want Evers to continue playing an unsustainable and unsuccessful play style.

Neither are good but one is better than the other.

One guy gives us the best chance to win. And the other is Nick Evers.

Don’t worry. Nick will start against Wake and you’ll get another chance to achieve clarity.
As will we all lol. Joe gave us the best chance to win yesterday? Did he? I guess he did because he was the only option we had. I think our defense gave us our only chance to win.

Obviously I think Evers when healthy gives us the best chance. So do our coaches. I only commented on this issue to begin with because I think JF was anointed by some as this awesome passer. He isn’t. Seems like a hard working kid and like I said I think he has some talent but as usual on the Boneyard the guy on the bench is always better than the starter until we find out he isn’t.

Reaction Score
Why were you on a 10-2 bandwagon? Pretty optimistic. No way I can spend time nitpicking a W after 10 garbage years including one historically bad D. We look like a real football team. There were a bunch of high ranked upsets today. Ask my Wolverine son. I’ll take an ugly win any day.
I was never on it, just non-committed. I am now officially a skeptic.

Reaction Score
“I have had issues with Fagnano's arm strength since the first time I saw him against NC State. The OC has to “

Joey seems to take a while to wind up and throw the ball. Not sure what I’m looking at , and what effect it has on his ability to make certain throws. Would agree that he is a pocket passer, when he rolls he doesn’t seem to deliver a crisp throw. Does anyone see a real leader out there? Follow me into hell kind of guy? More of a mid level management type of QB.
Leaving aside his speed in getting the ball out, Fagnano has had several long completions to his credit now. The Buffalo game is a case in point. I'd say there is nothing wrong with his strength. Now, if he doesn't have a certain receiver, well that might be an issue.

Reaction Score
We won as soon as Temple did not score on the final play. Outstanding defensive effort!
To be fair, though, the actual play was a blown snap by either the center or the RSF QB. But the nerves, the nerves they had to be feeling because of what the UConn D had done to them the whole game, that effect was decisive. Not to mention the penetration at the snap. I doubt they would have made it anyway. Stupid decision by Temple. Their coach set them up to fail. Kick the FG and live to fight again in OT.

Reaction Score
As will we all lol. Joe gave us the best chance to win yesterday? Did he? I guess he did because he was the only option we had. I think our defense gave us our only chance to win.

Obviously I think Evers when healthy gives us the best chance. So do our coaches. I only commented on this issue to begin with because I think JF was anointed by some as this awesome passer. He isn’t. Seems like a hard working kid and like I said I think he has some talent but as usual on the Boneyard the guy on the bench is always better than the starter until we find out he isn’t.
We gained almost 400 yards and scored 23 points. Was the offense anywhere near consistent enough? No. But can we stop pretending the offense didn’t contribute and the defense won the game on its own? Because that’s not what happened.

Reaction Score
H
I don't know what some of you see when you watch Fagnano. He makes about 3 good throws out of 10 attempts, and the other 7 are usually brutally bad. He can't run and he isn't accurate.
He tends to throw too high too often which logically is a form of being innaccurate.

Reaction Score
I’d take Shirreffs over Pindell, but Pindell certainly had more speed.
When watching the FAU game from the stands, it looked liked they sold the run plays really well with Evers. I m not playing and gullible but I struggled keeping track who had the ball. Tyler P was effective dual threat until he got that non contact injury.

Reaction Score
Yes and today's operating assumption is that something must be posted, worthiness not withstanding.

Okay boomer. They posted that to IG and not Facebook so it was targeted to a younger audience, 18-24 year olds. Just because you don’t recognize the value of something doesn’t mean there isn’t any.

UConn’s post was creative and funny. And considering how many times we’ve found a way to lose games, it was the chef’s kiss to a satisfying win. Good teams manage to win even when they don’t play well. Perhaps some have forgotten this because we haven’t had good teams in a long time.

Reaction Score
Not the best performance I’ve seen. But they won despite it. After the Maryland game, if you told us we’d be 4-2 and favored to win out most people would have thought that was crazy.
Certainly the Big 12 thought it was cray cray

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Okay boomer. They posted that to IG and not Facebook so it was targeted to a younger audience, 18-24 year olds. Just because you don’t recognize the value of something doesn’t mean there isn’t any.

UConn’s post was creative and funny. And considering how many times we’ve found a way to lose games, it was the chef’s kiss to a satisfying win. Good teams manage to win even when they don’t play well. Perhaps some have forgotten this because we haven’t had good teams in a long time.
Slow down Sea Biscuit. Creative and funny? More like classless and mean spirited. I'm not against celebrating, I posted on this very thread that good teams win ugly games. You can celebrate without kicking someone when their down. Not a good look for a state sponsored institution in my humble, and admittedly boomer, opinion.

Reaction Score
We gained almost 400 yards and scored 23 points. Was the offense anywhere near consistent enough? No. But can we stop pretending the offense didn’t contribute and the defense won the game on its own? Because that’s not what happened.
Not counting the last play of the game the defense didn’t score so yes it’s an exaggeration that the defense won the game. Obviously the offense did enough to win so yes they contributed but without another excellent defensive effort we lose by 20.

The discussion wasn’t about the offense as a whole it was just Evers vs JF and how he was anointed this awesome passer. I have yet to see it. That’s all. I disagree he gives us the best chance to win. So do the coaches.

Reaction Score

If we had won by 40 it would have been ok.

Reaction Score
Not the best performance I’ve seen. But they won despite it. After the Maryland game, if you told us we’d be 4-2 and favored to win out most people would have thought that was crazy.

I doubt we are favored to win out now. Syracuse won against a ranked opponent on the road. Wake won’t be a pushover.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The program really needs Evers to be a portal/NIL success story. He's going to have to deliver but there's a lot riding on that narrative.

Reaction Score
I think the crazy ending attracts more attention than a blowout. Perfect time to happen when Wake is up next!

Reaction Score
We’re talking about the twitter post that morphed Temples T logo into an L. No need for that
ummm, but why not??? stop the sensitivity cry-baby train... when we lose, we get picked on. and we got picked on a lot. Get the "W" poke some fun and remember, we will play them again. So simply be aware of that fact. It is one reason why I do see Temple as a rivalry for us.. we may not like it - we may even want a better rival but its how these things go. Its in our history - its when we meet up. UConn needs to win and win so much more that we don't look at them as a rival.

Reaction Score

Nobody is saying Fagnano is Marino, an awesome passer, or even a good college quarterback. Fagnano has simply shown some passing ability and some ability to stretch the field through the passing game, Evers hasn't shown anything as far as passing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom