Temple Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Way to go, UConn Football!! 4-2

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF by NBC Olympics

Reaction Score
I wish it was that easy to get rid of the last 14 years.
So do I. It's why i can't get wrapped up in they didn't deserve to win crap. We got horrible momentum changing calls against us, some really bad breaks like the Int off Sheffields hands that would haven been a 1st down, Sheffield fumble that negated a 1st down and still managed to pull it out.

I'll take it any way we can get one.

Reaction Score
... and ask why in the name of all that's holy didn't he kick the FG? They would have had MO and a kicker with a HUGE leg going into OT.
He had a 64 yarder against Utah State earlier this year. Holds Lincoln Field record.

Reaction Score
I’m not confused at all and I’m not comparing him to that guy. That guy isn’t on our team. I wish he was.

You seem really confused. You want Evers to continue playing an unsustainable and unsuccessful play style.

Neither are good but one is better than the other.

One guy gives us the best chance to win. And the other is Nick Evers.

Don’t worry. Nick will start against Wake and you’ll get another chance to achieve clarity.

Reaction Score
I have had issues with Fagnano's arm strength since the first time I saw him against NC State. The OC has to adjust to what Fagnano can do, which is make good reads and be a reasonably accurate passer. All these running plays and RPO's are not his style, and when he doesn't set his feet to throw, the ball flutters. He should start in the pocket, and go from there.

The offensive line wasn't great today against a bad Temple front six. We have to do better than 2.4 ypc against Temple.

The defense played great until the last long Temple drive. Prior to Temple's last possession, their longest drive was 44 yards. Their 4 scoring drives were a blocked punt recovered in the end zone, a 60 yard kick, -10 yards after a fumble recovery leading to a FG, and 44 yard drive after an interception. If we had a better running game today, this game would have gotten out of hand quickly.
Temple front 6 was far from bad. Their oline was decent too. We won by a fluke. Take it gracefully.

Reaction Score
Was it easy for Uconn basketball fans to forget about 14 years of disappointments after they hired Calhoun in the mid 80’s? 1999 was sweet.
Hey, we went to the Sweet 16 in 1976. So it was 12 years at the most.

Reaction Score
So do I. It's why i can't get wrapped up in they didn't deserve to win crap. We got horrible momentum changing calls against us, some really bad breaks like the Int off Sheffields hands that would haven been a 1st down, Sheffield fumble that negated a 1st down and still managed to pull it out.

You can argue that neither team deserved to win the game, and it takes you nowhere. We outgained them by about 100 yards and totally shut them down defensively for 3 quarters. It’s not like Temple deserved to win any more than we did.

Reaction Score
You can argue that neither team deserved to win the game, and it takes you nowhere. We outgained them by about 100 yards and totally shut them down defensively for 3 quarters. It’s not like Temple deserved to win any more than we did.
Yup. As ugly as it was if UConn avoided the three turnovers and the punt block we win that game like 35 to 13.

Reaction Score

We deserved to win

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Back in the day, we called those "slobberknockers" and they were fairly common. You were always happy to win one. Not so much in the era of beauty pageant football.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Some on this board get picky negative even after a win. Is Temple good? No. Is their D as bad as many say? Unclear. They supposedly had been missing 2 of their better defenders for several games who returned against us. Look at their opponent scores overall. Every loss was against teams that score big time against all their opponents and are currently either 1 or 2 in their conference.

How bad was Fagnano? Not that bad. Every QB on the planet misses deep throws every game. Every QB on the planet makes crap throws under pressure. How did our O line handle the couple of TU’s stronger, faster defenders? How different are we with Evers? There are a load of posts unhappy with his passing. Could we have scored more with him playing? I don’t know and i don’t know how anyone knows. Fagnano can’t run as well as Evers., but he isn’t lousy either. Plays aren’t designed for him to run They both have strengths and weaknesses and both have been in and out of the line up so often i find it hard to figure out if one has the edge over the other. I actually would like to see what Evers can do with some consistent reps because he has not played vs live action since his last hs year. Obviously teams have to defend us differently, but is he really dual threat, meaning does his running really open up his passing and can he take advantage of it. Not much to go on so far. Until Evers is really healthy Fagnano is the guy and we have done ok so far with him, granted vs Buffalo there was no need to throw. With 2 concussions just in a month, I think Evers is nuts to keep playing football, at lesst this year if not forever. How many previous head bangs has he had? Go Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom