Tell me about the NEW Big Ten | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tell me about the NEW Big Ten

Reaction Score
-I thought Oregon was too high. Why will they be better this year than they have been the last couple of years? I think Graves losing his job seems inevitable at this point.
Hate to be that predictable "homer guy" but hard to let this comment slide by. I am guessing that people are sleeping on Oregon this year because of last year's disastrous season where things spiraled out of control. But Graves is a proven, successful coach and will be back.
The Ducks return just four players from last season so this will be a major, complete rebuild in both personnel and, likely, style.

-Key returnee is 6'8" Senior Philippina Kyei of course, #3 Rebounds per Game in nation last year, # 6 in Total Rebounds. A very strong and athletic presence that will be a handful for the Big 10 opponents.
-Also returning will be 6'1" Wing Sofia Bell, a Freshman starter last season injured for last part of season and sorely missed.
-Starting Point Guard and Grad Transfer Peyton Scott was injured 5 minutes into the first game and missed the entire season. Ducks had no true, experienced point guard the rest of the season and the subs had to learn on the fly. They didn't.
-In the off season the Ducks have added an elite presence in ACC All Star Deja Kelly who has on ball qualities lacking last year.
- additional size up front will include 6'4" Texas transfer Amina Muhammad, 6'3" returning Soph Sarah Rambus, and newcomers like Alexis Whitfield and Ehis Etute.
-rest of the team is deep and experienced but I am not including the laundry list here.
-After years of being a top assist/turnover top team under Graves the Ducks dropped to #136 last season. They also ranked #236 in 3 point percentage and #242 in FG percentage all very uncharacteristic numbers for an Oregon (or Graves) basketball team.
-looking forward to the rebuilt team and a return to high efficiency basketball.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not sure if people have seen/listened to "They've Got Next" by Mark Schindler, but he's been releasing some "WNBA 2025 WNBA Draft Film Room" clips and I've found them pretty informative but it's also been neat to hear these players talk game. The most recent episode featured the first Big Ten player in the series in Dalayah Daniels from UW.

I really liked hearing her talk through her mind on the court. She seems like a really high IQ player who is oozing with confidence.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Daniels flashes some real potential, but she's been frustratingly inconsistent in her 2 years with Washington. She can be dominant, and then she can completely disappear.

Reaction Score
I've seen the Tennessee Titans do this with their schedule release, but Minnesota takes the cake with this version. :D

Reaction Score

Interesting tidbit on Iowa and their post presence for this season. Sounds like Stuelke could be more of a 4 instead of a post this year. Also nice to hear that O'Grady is progressing.

Reaction Score

Interesting tidbit on Iowa and their post presence for this season. Sounds like Stuelke could be more of a 4 instead of a post this year. Also nice to hear that O'Grady is progressing.

I think Iowa, especially under Bluder, did a lot of the original Read and React positionless basketball back in the mid 2012-15 range and that could work well for Stuelke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom