Tell me about the NEW Big Ten | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tell me about the NEW Big Ten

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Glad to see some former Huskies play well vs Seton Hill (corrected as I read too fast):

Amari - 10 pts (4-7, 2-2 FT), 7 rebounds in 18 mins
Mir - 9 pts (3-4, 3-4 FT), 15 (!!) rebounds in 20 mins

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad to see some former Huskies play well vs Seton Hall:

It was Seton Hill — a D2 school.

I thought they couldn’t keep score at the scrimmages nor publish the results?

Reaction Score
Well I also didn’t think they could have exhibitions before Nov 1. :D
Well, we had an Exhibition on October 15 and it was televised. And we played a D-1 opponent. (Memphis) remember Iowa played an Exhibiition against a D-1 in the football stadium last year.

D-1 exhibitions are allowed only if all proceeds from ticket sales go to charity . In our case, St Jude’s children’s hospital.

“Scrimmages” between D-1’s are supposed to be closed

Reaction Score
The daunting challenge that USC will be for the BIG holdovers is demonstrated by JuJu’s and Kiki’s selection this week to the AP pre-season AA (first team). In the 30-year history of the AP AA team (a 5-player team), no BIG team has ever had 2 AP 1st Team All Americans in the same season. Also, no BIG team has even had a 1st and 2nd team AP AA in the same year.

With USC also featuring 2-time All-PAC-12 guard Talia van Oelhoffen and 6 other McDonald AAs (8 w/JuJu and Kiki), the USC roster is likely the most talented roster in BIG WBB history.

Reaction Score
The daunting challenge that USC will be for the BIG holdovers is demonstrated by JuJu’s and Kiki’s selection this week to the AP pre-season AA (first team). In the 30-year history of the AP AA team (a 5-player team), no BIG team has ever had 2 AP 1st Team All Americans in the same season. Also, no BIG team has even had a 1st and 2nd team AP AA in the same year.

With USC also featuring 2-time All-PAC-12 guard Talia van Oelhoffen and 6 other McDonald AAs (8 w/JuJu and Kiki), the USC roster is likely the most talented roster in BIG WBB history.
On paper I would say it’s one of the most talented teams in all history. Preseason!

Reaction Score

Yeah, that USC squad looks pretty good. If they can put it all together and develop that chemistry, OMG!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad to see some former Huskies play well vs Seton Hill (corrected as I read too fast):

I was at the game and I didn't expect much from DeBerry. I thought she looked very good in the post with a very nice touch around the basket. She made 4 quality shots in the game. She was a defensive presence in the post as well.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and I didn't expect much from DeBerry. I thought she looked very good in the post with a very nice touch around the basket. She made 4 quality shots in the game. She was a defensive presence in the post as well.
Did Te'Biasu get time in the game? Curious as to your thoughts on how she did. Really hoping she has a strong season in her final year and at this level

Reaction Score
Did Te'Biasu get time in the game? Curious as to your thoughts on how she did. Really hoping she has a strong season in her final year and at this level
Te'Biasu started and was the primary ballhandler over Shyanne Sellers. She played very well. She hit 4 three pointers in the game. Poffenbarger didn't play but the other 5 transfers all played very well. Te'Biasu will be a major help at PG.

Reaction Score
Te'Biasu started and was the primary ballhandler over Shyanne Sellers. She played very well. She hit 4 three pointers in the game. Poffenbarger didn't play but the other 5 transfers all played very well. Te'Biasu will be a major help at PG.
Thanks for this insight. Been a fan of her from her highschool days in Quebec and Ontario.

Reaction Score
Is Poffenbarger hurt? I became a big fan during her Arkansas days because she's such a grinder. I had a misconception of her when she came into the league, thinking she was a finesse player who just hung out on the three-point line. She got big and strong and became a superior rebounder. Oddly enough, though, she seemed to lose her three-point touch along the way. She seemed to show signs of recovering the touch at times last season, but I think the jury is still out.

Reaction Score
Since the Terps played 12 players, they just sat Poffenbarger. She provides the Terps with the one thing they have been lacking the last two seasons. Rebounding. Obviously, McLean will help with that too.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom