Tell me about the NEW Big Ten | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tell me about the NEW Big Ten

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome for Michigan and Coach KBA
As I was joking with a friend because she's in the BIG10, let the revenge tour vs OSU begin. ;)

No idea if she was ever offered. Just find it hilarious that her brother will now have to wear maize and blue on occasion.:D

Reaction Score
As I was joking with a friend because she's in the BIG10, let the revenge tour vs OSU begin. ;)

No idea if she was ever offered. Just find it hilarious that her brother will now have to wear maize and blue on occasion.:D
That would be hilarious!!

Reaction Score

FYI - she's a dual citizen (US-Can). Was part of the U19 squad last year and has been training with the Canadian's Senior team alongside with Syla Swords, Cassandre Prosper and Yvonne Ejim.

Reaction Score
This week's Hoopla report covers @nwhoopfan's Washington Huskies.

The pace-of-play question about the expanded BIG and the PAC-12 transplants is an interesting one. The BIG and PAC-12 were starkly different conferences last year in terms of pace of play. Based on conference game info, the top 12 fastest teams from the 2 leagues last year were all from the BIG, and the 9 slowest teams from the 2 leagues were all from the PAC-12.

Reaction Score
The pace-of-play question about the expanded BIG and the PAC-12 transplants is an interesting one. The BIG and PAC-12 were starkly different conferences last year in terms of pace of play. Based on conference game info, the top 12 fastest teams from the 2 leagues last year were all from the BIG, and the 9 slowest teams from the 2 leagues were all from the PAC-12.
That's why I like Wyatt's blog posts about the teams. He outlines things I wouldn't even have considered when it comes to teams and their playing styles.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This week's Hoopla report covers @nwhoopfan's Washington Huskies.

All seems fair enough. Man, that pace of play issue...I knew they weren't much fun to watch last year, now it is quantified why.

Reaction Score

FYI - she's a dual citizen (US-Can). Was part of the U19 squad last year and has been training with the Canadian's Senior team alongside with Syla Swords, Cassandre Prosper and Yvonne Ejim.

Love this and some of the clips usc has posted of their freshman. What a talented class. I'm not even sure who the best freshman on the team is but most will be ready to contribute

Reaction Score
I know Minnesota and Michigan had some interesting pace of play stats.

Reaction Score
I keep hoping that Wisconsin and Coach Moseley can turn the corner and inch up into that middle pack of the Big 10.
They have someone special in Serah Williams. I remember her while she was in Canada playing for Niagara Prep. Still not clear as to why she was there (e.g. family relocation, recruited, etc.) but she got some great coaching there by Dave Picton. Some bad luck in losing that guard to Utah after her freshman season. Let's see what happens this season.

Reaction Score
They have someone special in Serah Williams. I remember her while she was in Canada playing for Niagara Prep. Still not clear as to why she was there (e.g. family relocation, recruited, etc.) but she got some great coaching there by Dave Picton. Some bad luck in losing that guard to Utah after her freshman season. Let's see what happens this season.
Serah is a beast! I am a huge Coach Moseley fan and wish her all the best. She is an excellent coach and I am just hoping that she can get Wisconsin up that middle pack of the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Serah is a beast! I am a huge Coach Moseley fan and wish her all the best. She is an excellent coach . . .
Moseley has a good eye for under-recruited talent, but not sure she is otherwise a good coach. Curious what you see in her. Hope her good eye proves to be true with the N. Kentucky transfer and the 2 new international players arriving for this season. Williams needs some help.

It also seems like she has some relationship challenges that have contributed to players leaving, i.e. Wilke, and strained her relations with Wisconsin high school coaches. She was reportedly mad about the combo of Lisa Bluder and Caitlin Clark being featured speakers at the Wisconsin high school coaches clinic last fall, and apparently turned down the slot she was offered, leaving Bluder and Megan Duffy as the featured WBB Coaches. Not a great look for a program that not only consistently loses its elite state McDonalds AA talent, but consistently loses the vast majority of its local national top 100 talent.

Reaction Score

This week Wyatt's focus is on Oregon.
I really liked their off-season. I have a hard time believing they will finish so low in the standings. I think they have a lot of talent, my concern is more about minute distribution. I almost don't know who shouldn't get minutes. I think it was intentional but it can really hurt chemistry, especially if things are not going well. I actually don't agree with the starting lineup listed but who knows at this point. But I will pick them to be top 8 in the conference.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed watching this & look forward to Syla doing well in Ann Arbor.
Especially with the roster in place now compared to what was expected when she committed.

Pairing Swords with Phelia was going to free up Phelia which makes her even more dangerous. Losing Evans and Williams in the paint may not be as large a loss, but they had BIG10 experience that would have been handy when trying to scout the competition.

In my opinion, Hobbs needs to step up this season. Her progress stats-wise was good, but it seems like she should be a larger factor and that didn't happen consistently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom