Tears For Coach K | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tears For Coach K

Reaction Score
If you ever have the opportunity to watch that game (regional final against Duke) pay close attention to how that play (Tate cutting off Hurley's pass) ended. Tate jumped the passing lane and was about to steal the ball. K saw what was happening and jumped (barely) onto the court, rolling his arms like a ref calling a travel, about five feet to Tate's right (my only guess is that K realized if Tate gets the ball the game is over unless something like a travel is called, so he was trying to give the ref the idea).

Tate glances over to K, loses sight of the ball and fumbles it out of bounds.

And while watching that play again look at the bounce which the ref called out of bounds closely. It still was in bounds and there could’ve been more time run off not allowing the return pass to Laettner. Just saying :oops:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
So happy they got their butts handed to them by the Tar Heels in his last game. As they showed the fans crying when it became obvious they weren’t coming back I felt better than the UConn W. Respect the man, the coach and what he did. But he was given the red carpet thanks to ESPN by no means was his job better than what our guy did. But that’s just me!
Anybody see if Dicki V was crying?

Reaction Score
Can't hear what the UNC players were saying but one fan certainly wasn't happy. The UNC assistant is really pumped up.

Reaction Score
In terms of pure schadenfreude beauty, the only thing that could (potentially) beat this if Duke goes down in flames in the round of 64. How spectacular would it be to see Coach K go into retirement with a taste of <INSERT NAME OF SUB .500 CONFERENCE CHAMPION HERE> in his mouth?

Note #1- presumably Duke isn't going to get a #1 seed at this point but, then again, you can never underestimate the committee's Durham bias.
Note #2- Fairfield ALMOST did this to North Carolina in 1996 or 1997 I believe. Won the MAAC championship with a sub-.500 record and ended up taking a Stackhouse-era UNC team down to the wire in a 1 vs 16 game (I think UNC won by 7 or 8).

Reaction Score
My god, the arrogance of this program is unbelievable. They really think they are god's gift to the sport.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
96 players flew in.
What brings me tremendous joy is knowing all 96 went home unhappy. I hate UNC, but for 1 day I was a Tar Heel fan. Now I hate them both again, unless they meet in the ACC or NCAA tourneys.

Reaction Score
Dook losing K's last game of the self-congratulation tour at Cameron is yet again proof that BALL DON'T LIE!

Reaction Score
Still in my mind is the regional final vs duck. We just beat I think Clemson via the pass. Duck is coming down court and Tate George reads a pass is coming. He seps in front of the duck player and intercepts the pass but momentum Carrie’s him out of bounds. Laitner throws the inbound pass and the ball is returned to him and duck beats us. If tate stays in bounds we are on the way to the final four. Instead we suffer 30 years if coach k and how great he is
I was behind our basket looking straight down court. I saw Tate make his move to intercept. With only seconds left, if he just batted the ball up court we win. I went from elation to.....

Reaction Score
from here on out his record as a puke coach will be 0-1, 1-1, 2-1?

1647143801054.png

Reaction Score
Dickie is down here in Sarasota and doing well. He’s such close friends with Ratface from working together on Jimmy V cancer stuff and hoops all these years. Can’t fault him for some bias there. K probably phones him several times a week. Duke looked really bad against NC, Cuse, Miami and VT. And they’re going to coast to a 2?
That’s what drives me nuts about them. How many 5 stars on their roster now? Anyone with that info?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My god, the arrogance of this program is unbelievable. They really think they are god's gift to the sport.
What makes it worse is that K said he didn't want farewell tour. But like the diva he is, he was hoping his wishes would be ignored so he could have it both ways.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What makes it worse is that K said he didn't want farewell tour. But like the diva he is, he was hoping his wishes would be ignored so he could have it both ways.
It's just like when your wife/girlfriend says "I don't want anything special for my birthday" you had better pull out all stops.

The woman that K is wants undivided attention yet also wants to be able to claim "this isn't what I wanted" after the attention is received.

(my apologies for the politically incorrect description)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom