Tears For Coach K | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tears For Coach K

Reaction Score
So happy they got their butts handed to them by the Tar Heels in his last game. As they showed the fans crying when it became obvious they weren’t coming back I felt better than the UConn W. Respect the man, the coach and what he did. But he was given the red carpet thanks to ESPN by no means was his job better than what our guy did. But that’s just me!

Reaction Score
Remember when his wife and daughter cried in the 99 final. They were clearly a total mess. Visibly trembling. I assume they felt the pressure of being a heavy favorite and losing. I've wondered how Pat Calhoun would of reacted if their roles were reversed. I suspect Pat would of just said, 'oh well, can't win em all' and moved on.

Reaction Score
So happy they got their butts handed to them by the Tar Heels in his last game. As they showed the fans crying when it became obvious they weren’t coming back I felt better than the UConn W. Respect the man, the coach and what he did. But he was given the red carpet thanks to ESPN by no means was his job better than what our guy did. But that’s just me!
Not just you Mau. ESPN treats K like a sultan and Duke like royalty, always.

Reaction Score
0189237D-677B-40DA-8845-F11F089919BC.jpeg

Reaction Score
When you have ESPN in your pocket and pumping you for 30 years and can have any recruit you want, fair argument K should have won more titles.

What Calhoun did UConn more impressive to me but biased obviously.
Yup, and I admit to jealousy over reloading 5 stars year after year while we get none.
ESPN is biased in telling that story about Duke and Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Watching at a bar with no sound, really enjoyed seeing them get their arses kicked. Smooth of coach K to not take himself so seriously, what was that an hour and a half suckathon?

I was never a Roy fan but he's cool as hell for just calling it quits.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase the well known poet Ryan Boatright….Coach K left Cameron with a bad taste of UNC in his mouth.

It could not have ended better. Always happy that UConn prevented him from 2 more titles. If Calhoun had all the Duke 5 stars……..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the downfall of Duke under Scheyer over the next few years. They may deny it, but no legend is ever followed by someone just as good
Heard the standup interview with Scheyer on the way to the locker room at halftime and was underwhelmed. For all I know the guy may be a coaching savant but he wasn't exactly Jay Bilas / Grant Hill / Jay Williams level articulate, as Duke BB alumni go.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
K was put on the pedestal and compared to Wooden etc. ESPN and Dickie V led the charge
To me, he has done less with all the talent he has had than many coaches
Those 1st round losses in the NCAAs are legendary
Yeah he won a ton of games but so didn't the Picker.............................
No program has done what UConn has done in the past 23 years - except for the Wooden UCLA era
K is in the HoF and should be but I would take JC over him any day
Good riddance Rat Face - I won't miss seeing you on the sidelines

Reaction Score
K was put on the pedestal and compared to Wooden etc. ESPN and Dickie V led the charge
To me, he has done less with all the talent he has had than many coaches
Those 1st round losses in the NCAAs are legendary
Yeah he won a ton of games but so didn't the Picker.............................
No program has done what UConn has done in the past 23 years - except for the Wooden UCLA era
K is in the HoF and should be but I would take JC over him any day
Good riddance Rat Face - I won't miss seeing you on the sidelines
Not to mention dook and uncheats getting home games for every tournament.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
His career achievements speak for themselves, but you almost have to split it into two halves. Up thru the '01 Championship his track record was incredible. After that, he did add 2 more Titles, but the trips to the Final 4 slowed down dramatically, and he hardly ever won his own conference over the last 20 years. I don't think the talking heads ever talk about that. Still won a ton of games on the back half, but very spotty performances in the Tourney.

I think Calipari's early success at Kentucky goaded K into going all in on one and doners, and it's not really a winning formula.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom