Tears For Coach K

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As with Colin Gillespie, K will ride out in the setting sun
Adios RatFace
I shed zero tears

Reaction Score
OK here’s what I found out. For just 2020 and 2021 classes (current roster) Duke had 7 -5 stars and 3 -4 stars. Didn’t even factor in the 2 previous classes_. Now here’s where it gets mind blowing. For 2022 next year they have 4 of the top ten players in that class, I assume all 5 stars.
If we get a 5 star recruit this board will go into non stop party mode and vast amounts of alcohol will be consumed. (It will anyway)
But yes I enjoy seeing them get beat.

Reaction Score
I'm not even mad Duke blew up my parley last night - would have been uber angry if they won and didn't cover, but that was nice to see :)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm not even mad Duke blew up my parley last night - would have been uber angry if they won and didn't cover, but that was nice to see :)
I don't bet on teams I root for or hate. With the ones I hate, like Puke, I'd bet with them and then find myself rooting against them... and myself. I'd rather Savor their defeat.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Not just you Mau. ESPN treats K like a sultan and Duke like royalty, always.
Give Dickie V some credit. I remember one game where Dickie was talking about K and his wife and what restaurant they went the night before. In those days, who was it in the Yard who wrote of Dickie V and his allegiance to K. It was about 3 huge paragraphs. Some where Vitale is doing the game and always snuck in about Duke and K. I have to admit, truthfully I was laughing so hard had tears in my eyes. Great read.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Your premise is well stated but we did not lose to Miss St or FL in Elite 8, those were both Sweet 16. We lost to Maryland, UNC and Fn George Mason in the Elite 8 in addition to UCLA.
I wonder if that ref got to his car safely after the game after with Mason. Calling that carry. Actually is he still alive?

Reaction Score
I don't bet on teams I root for or hate. With the ones I hate, like Puke, I'd bet with them and then find myself rooting against them... and myself. I'd rather Savor their defeat.

I thought it was a good bet - and the fact that they lost made me happy, so softened the blow of losing my parley :)

Reaction Score
Can't wait to ask all my Dukie friends around me what their confidence level is like going into K's final tournament...

My guess is they'll say something like this:
IMG_6394.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom