Team Fall Activity | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Team Fall Activity

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
The irony of the Ball vs Mahaney argument, with all due respect to Diarra, is our best lineup might have both starting.
Diarra is our best floor general now. Nowell will learn a lot from him. Ball and Maheney are our best 2s, but Ball is more combo and Maheney more cerebral and a facilitator. Unlike our front court, our back court has very different styles of play.

Reaction Score
Diarra is our best floor general now. Nowell will learn a lot from him. Ball and Maheney are our best 2s, but Ball is more combo and Maheney more cerebral and a facilitator. Unlike our front court, our back court has very different styles of play.
Doesn't that mean Mahaney is a "floor general"? I'm confused.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
Doe
Doesn't that mean Mahaney is a "floor general"? I'm confused.

Maheney was counted on as a scorer at St. Mary's and less of a floor general - he is a true combo guard and IMHO a better 2 than a 1 from what I have seen. Diarra, seems similar, an inch shorter, but has become a better 1 than a 2 in terms of handling the ball, distributing, and driving. He can also shoot the 3, but I would rather see Diarra bring the ball up than Maheney.

Reaction Score
Think we may have something here if he continues to get stronger. I think he’s suppose to be 7’?

Last year he seemed too weak to get above the rim at the time. But he seems to get up a little easier in these videos. If he can be that lob threat and have some strong post moves he could be a valuable contributor down the road.

Also being a big talker as a center is a really really valuable skill! Have to communicate back there.
NBA Clingan and Reed are great practice mates for development. Can also include SJ as well. If our Centers aren't developing with such talented daily practice matchups then they don't want to get better.

Just saying in 4 years he will be ready to kick everyone's arse.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
NBA Clingan and Reed are great practice mates for development. Can also include SJ as well. If our Centers aren't developing with such talented daily practice matchups then they don't want to get better.

Just saying in 4 years he will be ready to kick everyone's arse.
Man I wouldn’t surprised if he was ready as soon as next year. It honestly just depends on when his body is ready. The biggest thing last year was that he looked like a baby deer.

Hoping for a genuinely Hilton-like development for Singare here. I can’t stress how great it is the energy he plays with. A kid like that is going to get better and take everything in coaching wise.

Reaction Score
She was just on the air live on NBS Sports Boston so either this is from yesterday or practice was early today and she made it back to Boston in time.
Apparently 2 days ago, IG's timelines are terrible, it appeared at the top when I opened today

Reaction Score
Apparently 2 days ago, IG's timelines are terrible, it appeared at the top when I opened today

Have Mercy GIFs | Tenor

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom