Team Fall Activity | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Team Fall Activity

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You can't possibly be serious with this. Mahaney's advanced stats are not in the same ballpark as Joey Calcaterra at San Diego
You know damn well I’m not looking at any advanced stats lol.

Same conference, about the same size, and they both are smaller SGs who could also play point if need be. Mahaney of course is better. But he may be closer to Joey C than Cam. Which is still really good.

Reaction Score

Same conference, about the same size, and they both are smaller SGs who could also play point if need be. Mahaney of course is better. But he may be closer to Joey C than Cam. Which is still really good.
Said this exact same thing in a thread a while back. And Aidan will improve because he’s got time. He’s in the middle of those two players and that’s not a bad thing.

Reaction Score

I don't disagree with that general premise, Cam was insanely good. But I do think that's still good enough to be one of our best players and start. Hopefully alongside Ball

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with that general premise, Cam was insanely good. But I do think that's still good enough to be one of our best players and start. Hopefully alongside Ball
I don't know why Cam's name keeps getting thrown around. He was the best offensive player on the best college team we've seen and arguably the most efficient offensive player in the country. We're not going to have another Cam Spencer.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don’t think we need to force it. He has to earn his minutes like everyone else and we haven’t heard much about him this summer and now heading into fall.

Ball seems like he’ll be a star this year and Diarra has been one of the more consistent practice players and has been here for years. Knows the system and expectations well.

Besides, it’s probably better to have the better scorer of the two come off the bench to provide that lift. Easy 6th man of the year candidate. Him and Stew’s game can complement each other well in that lineup.

Reaction Score
I don't know why Cam's name keeps getting thrown around. He was the best offensive player on the best college team we've seen and arguably the most efficient offensive player in the country. We're not going to have another Cam Spencer.
To your point… (oh, and there was another grizz rookie who would only call Cam “national champ”.

Reaction Score
Aidan and JoeyC are entirely different players. JC was almost all catch and shoot. AM is an on ball dribble creator.

If Diarra’s jump shot looks even better this year, as they say, he’s starting. He’s a vocal leader and knows the system. This team will want one or the other, or both in Alex or Diarra on the floor the large majority of the time.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It just seems like many people penciled him into a starting role and automatic success because of the success Cam had.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we need to force it. He has to earn his minutes like everyone else and we haven’t heard much about him this summer and now heading into fall.

Ball seems like he’ll be a star this year and Diarra has been one of the more consistent practice players and has been here for years. Knows the system and expectations well.

Besides, it’s probably better to have the better scorer of the two come off the bench to provide that lift. Easy 6th man of the year candidate. Him and Stew’s game can complement each other well in that lineup.
It's not forcing it. Anyone who doesn't have a blind spot for anyone who dares to transfer into our program has heard all the positive comments from coaches about Mahaney. I promise it's ok to like a transfer, it doesn't mean you think Solo Ball sucks and nobody will look at you differently

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's not forcing it. Anyone who doesn't have a blind spot for anyone who dares to transfer into our program has heard all the positive comments from coaches about Mahaney. I promise it's ok to like a transfer, it doesn't mean you think Solo Ball sucks and nobody will look at you differently
People have gone to practice all summer and now this fall. Was there one report that listed him as a standout?

It’s not about someone being a transfer either. I was very high on Cam all last summer. Even went out on a limb to say he’d have a better year than Hawkins. If someone is a great talent then they are a great talent.

No need to throw out this lazy narrative.

Reaction Score
People have gone to practice all summer and now this fall. Was there one report that listed him as a standout?

It’s not about someone being a transfer either. I was very high on Cam all last summer. Even went out on a limb to say he’d have a better year than Hawkins. If someone is a great talent then they are a great talent.

No need to throw out this lazy narrative.
I mean the video/picture you spent all summer overanalyzing for Solo Ball finishing 2nd in summer workouts had Aidan Mahaney in 3rd. So yes

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I mean the video/picture you spent all summer overanalyzing for Solo Ball finishing 2nd in summer workouts had Aidan Mahaney in 3rd. So yes
Well even in that Aidan would be considered as behind Diarra and Ball. And that was just for the 1st summer session. He didn’t place anywhere else. It turns out Solo finishing 2nd might’ve actually meant something too.

This is not helpful to your point man lol

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I think the only position we aren’t reloading at this year is center and probably PG. Everyone else can be replaced similar to the 2023 to the 2024 group. Even though the bench should be a lot more impactful this year.

Don’t disagree with them on their points about PG, Karaban or who’s the defensive stopper on this roster is either.

Hopefully Diarra makes another big jump this year. And question, if Liam isn’t ready defensively should Stewart get more minutes there and possibly start given his known defensive ability?

I don’t think we can survive on that end of the court against athletic teams with certain lineups. Especially without Clingan back there to help make defending easier for everyone and clean up mistakes.

Reaction Score
I think the only position we aren’t reloading at this year is center and probably PG. Everyone else can be replaced similar to the 2023 to the 2024 group. Even though the bench should be a lot more impactful this year.

Don’t disagree with them on their points about PG, Karaban or who’s the defensive stopper on this roster is either.

Hopefully Diarra makes another big jump this year. And question, if Liam isn’t ready defensively should Stewart get more minutes there and possibly start given his known defensive ability?

I don’t think we can survive on that end of the court against athletic teams with certain lineups. Especially without Clingan back there to help make defending easier for everyone and clean up mistakes.
DH is going to have to find assortments that offer different advantages based on who they play. This may be as matchup based a roster as we’ve seen.

One of the better points made is something I’ve mentioned and that’s whether you can play AM, Liam, AK and Samson on the floor at the same time defensively. That could be a turnstile if spaced out without a great rim protector.

I continue to wonder if Abraham will get run as he’s a very unique tool to have in the toolbox as a long athletic 4, if only for his defensive upside.

Reaction Score
DH is going to have to find assortments that offer different advantages based on who they play. This may be as matchup based a roster as we’ve seen.

One of the better points made is something I’ve mentioned and that’s whether you can play AM, Liam, AK and Samson on the floor at the same time defensively. That could be a turnstile if spaced out without a great rim protector.

I continue to wonder if Abraham will get run as he’s a very unique tool to have in the toolbox as a long athletic 4, if only for his defensive upside.
I tend to look at other teams trying to stop that, UConn tends to dictate things nowadays.

Reaction Score

The average BYer knows way more about the Huskies than either of these two. Way too much focus on Nowell. They think he is a key to the season and he's not. They also talk a lot about Mahaney.

They barely mention Steward or Ball, who are key to our season and will be two of our biggest contributors. They also obviously don't think we will get much out of Reed as they pretty much ignored him as well.

A NOT very knowable take by two guys that don't really understand the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Danny was talking at his presser after practice Friday about a nine man rotation--with 4 guards that may exclude Abraham and Ross.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I tend to look at other teams trying to stop that, UConn tends to dictate things nowadays.
Hurley hangs his hat on defense first and foremost. With Clingan, we can get away with that lineup and not hurt as much defensively. Don’t think that will be the case as much this year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Yeah that’s the lineup I was hinting at. Even if Solo starts over AM he can’t guard bigger athletic wings. Liam is going to have to show that can be his role or else the only guys on the roster that may be capable would be Stewart, Ross, and Abraham.

Reaction Score
It just seems like many people penciled him into a starting role and automatic success because of the success Cam had.

Is this really a thing that happened? What does Cam Spencer have to do with whether Mahaney starts? I would assume that to the extent people were "penciling him in" anywhere it was because he was an all-conference guard in the WCC and one of the two best players on a very good St. Mary's team. The people that sound silly, in my opinion, are the ones that seem to think he's going to be overwhelmed in the Big East.

I don't see how Cam Spencer figures into an assessment of whether Mahaney will start. It's like saying somebody's going to start because he's standing on that summer workout podium.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't see how Cam Spencer figures into an assessment of whether Mahaney will start. It's like saying somebody's going to start because he's standing on that summer workout podium.
I hate when this same group does stuff like this. Someone gives you a mountain of evidence that something may be able to happen, then you pick out one part to make it seem silly and ignore the other parts of the mountain.

It’s so disingenuous.

Even when that assessment may turn out to be correct. It’s honestly funny to see how this stuff gets spun. Especially from the guy who laughed at the idea that Cam would be a more consistent player than Hawkins. Do you ever get tired of looking silly from trying to make someone else look stupid?

As Bomani Jones says #BelieveMeNow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom