Syracuse is screwed | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is screwed

Reaction Score
Only wish, we were as screwed and playing in the sweet 16 !
The money keeps flowing to them as long as they are still in the tourney. Money I might point out that we could dearly use these days.
The Syracurse is a team apparently peaking at the right time, gotta give them that, be it with a grudge !

Reaction Score
Our problem is even though Boeheim stinks, he technically has 1 NCAA Championship and Hurley has 1 A10 championship.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Cuse got in by the thinnest of margins and has received the luck of the draw
Of course WVU saves their worst shooting night for the Cuse game
As it has been said - the Picker may be a DB but his reliance on the zone sure causes issues to teams that are not used to it. I read where he said he recruits with the zone in mind - long arms and quick feet and he claimed he will get their offense going as their time at Cuse grows. By no means am I proponent of the zone only D approach but wouldn't be nice if DH could change things up?
I am confident in saying that they will not win the NC but I dread seeing them in the final four.
Just glad Dook is home

Reaction Score
Our problem is even though Boeheim stinks, he technically has 1 NCAA Championship and Hurley has 1 A10 championship.
you can't compare hurley to boeheim -- you have to compare hurley to the guy that syracuse hires after they hire the guy to replace boeheim in a few years.

uconn has already been through the pain that comes with replacing a HOF coach. syracuse is still waiting.

Reaction Score
Since 2014, they haven't finished better than 8th in the conference. They get into the tournament and play teams who don't know how to play against the zone. This place would've have imploded if we had a conference record like theirs with no talent coming in
This.

It always amuses me when fans say that Syracuse has been better than us the last few years. Looking at the regular season records, they've been remarkably on par with one another (albeit, one conference is stronger than the other).

Removing 2013-14 and 2020-21 season from the equation, here's the regular season breakdown for both UConn and Syracuse:

UConn: 100-84
Syracuse: 110-76

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Thinkin about throwing a lot of money down against Syracuse...team had time to prepare against the zone no way they win
Sampson is a real good X’s and O’s coach . I don’t want to tempt fate any longer so I’ll say no more, but I like the matchup.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of twisting like pretzels to cope with this situation. Give the devil his due. They’re in the spotlight, we’re not. In the last 5 years, they’ve done better when it matters, we haven’t. Elite 8’s, Sweet 16’s, and Final 4’s are good results, and we’d kill to have that kind of underachieving post-Ollie. They’ll never be us, and we don’t wanna be them. But it’s childish to pout and throw up whatsboutisms to explain what’s happening. C u c k Fuse. That is all.

Reaction Score
Yup. Egg on our face. ‘Cuse still dancing while where sitting in the sidelines. I’m still mad. October 2021 is a long ways away.

Reaction Score
Say what you will, Boeheim is a very good coach, especially when it matters. On some thread recently somebody tried to compare him to Ollie because they both had 1 national championship. But if you look at what he does every year in the post season even when his teams aren’t that good there is no question he knows what he is doing.

The knock I heard from URI guys on Hurley is that in the big spotlight he spit the bit. It definitely is something to watch given our record in big games this year. You can’t say that about Boeheim.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Say what you will, Boeheim is a very good coach, especially when it matters. On some thread recently somebody tried to compare him to Ollie because they both had 1 national championship. But if you look at what he does every year in the post season even when his teams aren’t that good there is no question he knows what he is doing.

The knock I heard from URI guys on Hurley is that in the big spotlight he spit the bit. It definitely is something to watch given our record in big games this year. You can’t say that about Boeheim.
He’s finished no better than 8th since 2015 in the ACC. He gets lucky in the tourney playing teams that have never seen a zone. They were trash during the regular season.

they have the easiest path to the final four

Reaction Score
He’s finished no better than 8th since 2015 in the ACC. He gets lucky in the tourney playing teams that have never seen a zone. They were trash during the regular season.

they have the easiest path to the final four

We can hate on Boeheim and the Cuse, but there is no question he is a very good coach. He has proven that over decades. Comparing Ollie and Hurley to him or any Hall of Fame coach is silly.

Easy path or not you still have to win the games in front of you. They did against two teams that had better athletes and slightly better talent than them. That's where coaching and strategy come in.

PS: Buddy and Girard won't have the same space to rain 3's against Houston like they did against WVU and San Diego St. Sampson is an excellent coach, and his guards are very good. This will be a close game. Expecting Houston to pull it out by 4 pts in the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom