Syracuse is screwed | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is screwed

Reaction Score
I would love to agree but I guess I just don't trust the committee. Duke is above 500 in conference and overall. They are in the low 30s in the power ratings. They are the NCAA golden child. The committee chairman is the Duke AD. Unless they go below 500 overall or their power ratings tank, they are in.
I agree with you on Duke. As many talking heads have said, Duke moves the needle. Either because people love Duke or people like me who hate Duke and will watch their games just to see Duke lose.

Reaction Score
I hope we are prepared for the 2-3 zone because UCONN vs Syracuse round one seems very likely at this point. The committee will go out of their way to make it happen.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on Duke. As many talking heads have said, Duke moves the needle. Either because people love Duke or people like me who hate Duke and will watch their games just to see Duke lose.

Duke are the Irish of basketball.

Reaction Score

Pretty nasty and mean but Calhoun was no saint with the media either (this is probably worse of course). Can’t stand the nose picker but he definitely lets his emotions run high! I hate to say it but cuse probably deserves to be in the dance at this point.

Reaction Score
I hope we are prepared for the 2-3 zone because UCONN vs Syracuse round one seems very likely at this point. The committee will go out of their way to make it happen.
Like 2% very likely?

Boring team, crotchety coach...

Cuse: the team that’s so fun to hate. The hits just keep on coming for Boe-Boe.

Reaction Score
Pretty nasty and mean but Calhoun was no saint with the media either (this is probably worse of course). Can’t stand the nose picker but he definitely lets his emotions run high! I hate to say it but cuse probably deserves to be in the dance at this point.
Spud Webb should stop by to dunk in Boeheim's face.

Reaction Score

I hope so. We should get bonus points for that, but just visiting the Cuse forum will be a fun way to spend a few days.

Reaction Score
Sara will need at least one win in the ACC Tournament.

Sadly, Duke is Duke and the committee will contort itself to put them in.

Reaction Score
They had a losing record in their conference and were 50th in the Sagarin's in 2018 and still got in. They are not out yet. In fact, as of right now, they are in. As is Duke.

As long as Duke if above .500, they're in and the NCAA and ESPN will invent new yoga poses trying to explain why it is deserved.

Reaction Score
Sara will need at least one win in the ACC Tournament.

Sadly, Duke is Duke and the committee will contort itself to put them in.
I wish that were true but, unless Syracuse gets blown out in their opening round game, they are in. So long as Duke wins one of their next two, they are in.

Reaction Score
this is a fair point, but calhoun also never had a team that started joe girard at the point and marek dolezaj at center.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know it is hard to kick your hall of fame coach to the curb, but Jim Boeheim is about 3 years past his sell by date. They need to move on, and do so as soon as possible. They are making the job less and less desirable for the next guy.

Reaction Score
As long as Duke if above .500, they're in and the NCAA and ESPN will invent new yoga poses trying to explain why it is deserved.
It is very possible that Duke's next two games are against UNC. If they lose both, UNC will have knocked them out, I think...unless the NCAA suddenly allows sub-500 at large bids.

Reaction Score
I know it is hard to kick your hall of fame coach to the curb, but Jim Boeheim is about 3 years past his sell by date. They need to move on, and do so as soon as possible. They are making the job less and less desirable for the next guy.
If they haven't done it yet, they never will. He survived some ugly crap. He will retire when his kid graduates. I hope they are a dumpster fire by then. The ACC will get what it deserves for destroying the Big East. BC and Cuse are going to suck forever after this. And while Louisville is good at the two sports they care about, they are always a ticking time bomb in terms of bad press. Maybe the ACC should grab Memphis to keep them company.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If they haven't done it yet, they never will. He survived some ugly crap. He will retire when his kid graduates. I hope they are a dumpster fire by then. The ACC will get what it deserves for destroying the Big East. BC and Cuse are going to suck forever after this. And while Louisville is good at the two sports they care about, they are always a ticking time bomb in terms of bad press. Maybe the ACC should grab Memphis to keep them company.

And when Notre Dame finally commits all the way and they invite UConn, you can hate the ACC up close and personal.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Kentucky and Calipari a golden child before? And didn't they get a 1seed in the NIT one year?

Lots of things can change so it's nearly impossible to know what will happen from this moment. They are one game over .500 and can easily lose the next two and then the conversation is moot. But I suspect that if the season ended today they're clearly out and would be out.

All those "golden child programs" have missed the tournament as bubble teams.

Reaction Score
And when Notre Dame finally commits all the way and they invite UConn, you can hate the ACC up close and personal.
You really think either of those will happen? I am not sure I want it to. But, first, no one loves ND more than ND loves ND. I can't see them lowering themselves to be a member of ACC football. Also, money. Second, would we really be their top choice? BC and Syracuse will definitely be voting against us. I could see them taking several teams over us. Cinci and Houston are two possibilities. I think, when we left the AAC, we gave up on getting into the ACC or Big 10. For what it is worth, I would prefer the Big 10 but I doubt that would happen either. We had an opportunity when we were going to Bowl games but we didn't jump on it. By the time we knew what teams like Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville were doing, we were too bad at football. Opportunity knocked, twice. The first time, Blumenthal pissed off the door man and he locked us out. The second time, we didn't answer by trying to force the issue while we were still attractive. By the time opportunity was ready again, we were fat and ugly.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Kentucky and Calipari a golden child before? And didn't they get a 1seed in the NIT one year?

Lots of things can change so it's nearly impossible to know what will happen from this moment. They are one game over .500 and can easily lose the next two and then the conversation is moot. But I suspect that if the season ended today they're clearly out and would be out.

All those "golden child programs" have missed the tournament as bubble teams.
I don't think Kentucky is a golden child of the NCAA. Calipari definitely isn't.

Reaction Score
You really think either of those will happen? I am not sure I want it to. But, first, no one loves ND more than ND loves ND. I can't see them lowering themselves to be a member of ACC football. Also, money. Second, would we really be their top choice? BC and Syracuse will definitely be voting against us. I could see them taking several teams over us. Cinci and Houston are two possibilities. I think, when we left the AAC, we gave up on getting into the ACC or Big 10. For what it is worth, I would prefer the Big 10 but I doubt that would happen either. We had an opportunity when we were going to Bowl games but we didn't jump on it. By the time we knew what teams like Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville were doing, we were too bad at football. Opportunity knocked, twice. The first time, Blumenthal pissed off the door man and he locked us out. The second time, we didn't answer by trying to force the issue while we were still attractive. By the time opportunity was ready again, we were fat and ugly.
I don't agree we'd be second or third to schools like Cincinnati or Houston, even though they'd be a better immediate fit for football.
My reasoning is BCU, Pitt and Syracuse have become pretty much irrelevant in the Northeast. They haven't done well since leaving the Big East and do little for the ACC network's ratings. If UConn were part of the equation we'd revitalize the dead rivalries in the Northeast and add way more value than those two schools.
That said, of course, cord cutting might wipe out more viewership but at least people in the Northeast wouldn't be looking at eleven southern schools with three remote appendages.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It always seemed unlikely. But this last year has ushered in a lot of change.

Reaction Score
Cuse and BC.

Sigh... Have you ever seen a robin weep, when the leaves begin to die? That means he's lost the will to live..

They've lost the will to live and their athletic winter's are upon them.

Noles played BC yesterday....beat them by 29 points...BC has become a very bad athletic program.

Ham played his three senior walk-ons to start and they played on and off from the first half...the scout team of walk ons (called the "green team") emphasized the win at the end with a reverse slam in the last minute and a long three.

The incoming BC coach has a Sisyphean task ahead and whomever follows Boeheim may be in better shape.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom