Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have forever wondered this too. Their* fanbase is probably too ignorant to see a problem with that while ours bickers over every minute detail of a dog.
Dammit. Now we're never going to get an invite to the B1G. :(

Reaction Score
I FIXED IT THERE IS HOPE. THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS WRITTEN IN PENCIL NOT PEN.
You missed the joke, anyway. I was implying the teeth in the Cards' logo compensates for the lack of teeth amongst Louisville hillbillies. :p

Reaction Score
@CardFans
Two things saved the ACC and Louisville is not one of the two. First, ND agreed to ‘join.’ Of course, based on experience in the Big E, ND will also be the school to kill the ACC. Second, UNC decided not to bolt for the B1G. If UNC left, the ACC would collapse.
Overall, Louisville got lucky as they leveraged a very ambitious AD and a good football season (though losing to a ‘laughable’ UConn football team at Papa John’s must have stung a bit) in an environment that favored both while taking advantage of a novice UConn AD, continued blackballing by BC, and a NCAA abused basketball program (yep, at UConn, we make our athletes take real classes that they flunks so we get ripped by the NCAA while other schools such as UNC let their kids take fake classes, which they somehow pass, and it’s not a problem).
As I said, I respect Louisville for taking advantage of the situation they found themselves in.
That said, what happens when Bridgewater turns pro? What happens to Louisville’s athletic program profit when the City of Louisville, which is cash strapped, decides to let the Yum Center, which is a great ‘college’ basketball arena, to go bankrupt forcing the Cards to finally pay the overhead and operating costs of the facility? Remember, too, that conference realignment is all about the TV’s and Louisville doesn’t even dominate its own small TV market (Louisville is #50, Hartford-New Haven is #30 and that excludes UConn fans in the NYC market that is #1) as it is shared with U Kentucky.

Reaction Score
@Sorry Fishy u got it backwards!!They (RU) knew it was just a matter of who would be our partner since Neb jumped us and only reason Md got honor of 13 was a concession we could live with!!Md wasn't even one included in "09" study of potential add's!!Now UConn's only hope is as an add on to a "historic' program!btw I notice your a dour man??Very grim!!Cheer up..didn't u have any toys as a kid?

I would say Rutgers and Maryland going to the B1G is a case of what came first, the chicken or the egg.
Rutgers has been lobbying for the B1G for a long time and there has been some interest in return as the B1G wants the NYC market. I am also sure that he B1G easily saw that the Big E would go up in smoke one day. The B1G’s interest in Maryland is newer; but, it is driven by the DC market. I doubt the B1G or anyone else saw Maryland going so far into the red that even their loyalty (alumni) and tradition to the ACC would become second fiddle to financial necessity. I am not sure if either school would have gotten into the B1G if only one of those two events happened.

Reaction Score
Before Card fans get too full of themselves the Louisville football flop post Petrino did much to contribute to the week football reputation of the Big East.
If the Cards remained a power the Big East might still be around.
I have to admit I thought Cinn was a MAC team. They actually did better than expected.
It's hilarious how you guys hinge the failure of the Big East on a three year span of one of its programs. Kragthorpe was an unmitigated disaster no question, but he's not the reason the Big East kicked out all of the (lackluster) football schools. West Virginia and Louisville won the Big East's 5 BCS games post expansion, each by double digits. UConn and Cincinnati lost the other three, each by double digits. Guess which teams are left behind? We did our part. You guys had your chance and blew it.

Reaction Score
We did. And that ville is a glorified JC. Enjoy that degree that's about as valuable as toilet paper.
Have fun watching UConn battling it out against Memphis and Tulane on Wednesday nights on ESPNU in that steel monstrosity you call your home stadium. AAC #1!

Reaction Score
Dear Cards Fans,

You are in the A.C.C. by default only. U Conn would have been the clear winner, but for the appeasement of FSU and Clemson we had to lower our standards. You have not played a single game in the A.C.C and your talking smack already? that takes balls. You had your sorry a#$ dragged through the door only for propping up the football aspect of the conference. U Conn was a better all around candidate and most of the A.C.C. knew that. You are an ACADEMIC NIGHTMARE that will forever be kept at arms length. CR forced you into the fold, it was not by choice I assure you that. So keep flapping those gums and talking trash because behind all that self promotion and bluster is a school and fan base that knows it will never been on equal footing within a conference that really does value education and strives for greatness off the playing field. You are the W.V. of the A.C.C.. Enjoy.
A Boston College fan? I didn't know you guys actually existed. I could type a response to your poorly worded diatribe but I don't want to waste my time with you. Here's your attention, now go play in the corner by yourself.

Reaction Score
It's hilarious how you guys hinge the failure of the Big East on a three year span of one of its programs. Kragthorpe was an unmitigated disaster no question, but he's not the reason the Big East kicked out all of the (lackluster) football schools.
You just make things up as you go along. No one except Temple years ago was kicked out of the Big East and I stated the fact that if the Louisville team we got was anywhere near the Petrino years things might have been different.
West Virginia and Louisville won the Big East's 5 BCS games post

expansion, each by double digits.
I know West Virginia was the flagship football school but your win in 2013 is post Big East destruction, big help that was.
You were brought in as a football power. I think we were short changed. UConn was coming from D1A and Cinn had no football Rep. You guys were suppose to be the heavyweights. A big fail coupled with bad stretches by Pitt and Cuse

Rutgers while not spectacular was decent.

UConn and Cincinnati lost the other three, each by double digits.

I'm not nor did I blame Louisville exclusively. However one more perceived power team might have meant a better contract.
Who knows with a better contract what might have happened.

Guess which teams are left behind? We did our part. You guys had your chance and blew it.

UConn football really never had a chance.
The people of Connecticut spent 100s of millions to be in a conference with VT, BC, and Miami.
We got a wounded conference with a down Louisville and Cinn.
Not exactly a bargain. Nothing to mobilize the fan base necessary for a program still in its infancy. You guys did recover but the damage was done. Perception is difficult to change.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
UConn football really never had a chance.
The people of Connecticut spent 100s of millions to be in a conference with VT, BC, and Miami.
We got a wounded conference with a down Louisville and Cinn.
Not exactly a bargain. Nothing to mobilize the fan base necessary for a program still in its infancy. You guys did recover but the damage was done. Perception is difficult to change.
You got stuck in the exact same conference as us with the exact same exposure as us with the exact same media deal as us. You're the flagship school in a densely populated and considerably wealthy state next to the largest TV market in North America. We're a "ghetto commuter school" according to your verbose friends competing against a large land grant SEC institution for public funds and who played its home football games in a minor league baseball stadium until 1998 and almost dropped football altogether in the 80's.

You guys had all the advantages we never had but you didn't do anything with it. THAT'S why you're not in a power 5 league and until you start making the most of what you've got (which is more than most schools) instead of pouting and making excuses left and right it will never ever change.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Any time a conference can grab the second-most popular school in the Greater Louisville area, they gotta do it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know we make fun of Louisville's academics and yes, maybe they're in the shallow end of the pool with schools like West Virginia and the Marinello School of Beauty, but seriously....if you want to learn how to diagram a proper stall mucking on an Etch-a-Sketch, Louisville has to be on your short list.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
You got stuck in the exact same conference as us with the exact same exposure as us with the exact same media deal as us. You're the flagship school in a densely populated and considerably wealthy state next to the largest TV market in North America. We're a "ghetto commuter school" according to your verbose friends competing against a large land grant SEC institution for public funds and who played its home football games in a minor league baseball stadium until 1998 and almost dropped football altogether in the 80's.

You guys had all the advantages we never had but you didn't do anything with it. THAT'S why you're not in a power 5 league and until you start making the most of what you've got (which is more than most schools) instead of pouting and making excuses left and right it will never ever change.

On the topic of "poorly worded diatribes", this steaming pile puts a Louisville degree in perspective.

Reaction Score

Good lord. When you fall off that soap box you are going to splatter like a rotten tomatoe. Lighten up friend.......

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn had its chance to defraud the public by building a new arena on a shell game that is crippling its cities' ability to pay for necessary public services? That happened?

The YUM Center is the same fraud Marlins Park is, on a smaller scale.

Reaction Score
Louisville to the ACC was a no brainer for several reasons.

1. Money - Louisville is in the top tier of Revenue producing schools in the NCAA. This gives them a huge advantage in attracting and maintaining top talent that will be needed to compete at the highest levels. This point can't be overstated enough.
2. Past Success - Everybody likes to point to their run this year but that was after the ACC had chosen them to join. They were already quite successful in Basketball with Pitino and had a lot of success in Football. This years run was more validation of past efforts.
3. Facilities - Their Basketball arena is top notch and Football is nice as well and has room to grow. Major revenues wont be needed to upgrade to ACC caliber facilities.
4. New market - While Kentucky isnt a big market. It is new market and expands the ACC's reach
5. Fan Support - Louisville has a good level of fan support and the contributions to their booster club support this.

In the end, Louisville to the ACC was the easy choice to make.

Reaction Score
You forgot academics. Remember, that's critical to the ACC model.

Reaction Score
Lol @ only reason Maryland got the honor of being number 13 is because Rutgers could live with it.

Maryland was coveted in the Big Ten's expansion plan. It's located in Baltimore/Washington (wealthiest state in the country, the #4 media market) and actually moves the needle in its market. It's a top-25/30 athletic department and brings 25 national titles in football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's lacrosse, women's lacrosse, and men's soccer with it to the Big Ten. Rutgers won a a fencing title in 1949. That's all RU has in the trophy case.

Concerned about travel, Maryland wanted division restructuring and to be placed in the East. The Big Ten made the switch. Maryland considered a home for its top-5 all time lacrosse program a priority. B1G lacrosse league was formed. Maryland wanted Hopkins added as an associate lacrosse member to give heft to the league. Hopkins is in and will be in the CIC. Maryland needed cash in a hurry. The B1G gave Maryland a front loaded deal AND a $20 million "travel subsidy".

Maryland dictated its future. It could have easily stayed in the ACC. Rutgers was along for the ride and desperate for seat at the grown up table. It took what it could get for a seat at the table. If Maryland did not jump from the ACC to the Big Ten, Rutgers would be in the AAC.

@your right RU could live with it but don't change the fact RU was 13th and already "in the bag" so to speak!!Maryland's only real value is they were the ONLY weak link in the ACC!!RU was going regardless it was ND or UConn or least of all RE's cheezy MD football crew!!Heck everyone knows Md is split with VT,UV, WVU and even PSU in their demo!RU at least carries the much more populous NJ!!You have DC/Balt we have Philly/NYC/LI!!At least were not looked upon as ****** or traitors!!Enjoy your newfound status!!BTW do you realize your on an AAC board traitor?If your a UConn fan get a little pride but if your a Terp fan get lost!!

Reaction Score
Two bad years do not wipe out 5 good years in the A.C.C. We all know why the decline began its called SPAZ and his inability to recruit. Even the best programs go through bad periods of football thats a fact. Your sadly mistaken when you say the A.C.C. is the reason for our decline, but I think you know that. You can check the facts and records of B.C. from 2005 our first year and see where we finished. Our overall conference record is still very good, even after two consecutive losing A.C.C. seasons. We had won two division titles and made two appearances in the title game, and lost a tiebreaker with FSU for a third appearance. Not to shabby. We have and will once again compete for championships. The theory that we are losing because we are a member of the A.C.C is a MYTH, and not based on the facts or records.

@Your good years coincided with the players that were left on your roster from your BE recruiting efforts!!When they graduated u declined....similar to your friend's at the "U"!!What's up with Miami?They had one game with maybe 500 fan's last year?

Reaction Score
Two bad years do not wipe out 5 good years in the A.C.C. We all know why the decline began its called SPAZ and his inability to recruit. Even the best programs go through bad periods of football thats a fact. Your sadly mistaken when you say the A.C.C. is the reason for our decline, but I think you know that. You can check the facts and records of B.C. from 2005 our first year and see where we finished. Our overall conference record is still very good, even after two consecutive losing A.C.C. seasons. We had won two division titles and made two appearances in the title game, and lost a tiebreaker with FSU for a third appearance. Not to shabby. We have and will once again compete for championships. The theory that we are losing because we are a member of the A.C.C is a MYTH, and not based on the facts or records.

@Your ACC success was just a continuation of BE dominance since "98" or the BCS period!!Same happened to the "U"!!Neither have had any luck or fan's in awhile?Karma!!Or Isolation?

Reaction Score
I would say Rutgers and Maryland going to the B1G is a case of what came first, the chicken or the egg.
Rutgers has been lobbying for the B1G for a long time and there has been some interest in return as the B1G wants the NYC market. I am also sure that he B1G easily saw that the Big E would go up in smoke one day. The B1G’s interest in Maryland is newer; but, it is driven by the DC market. I doubt the B1G or anyone else saw Maryland going so far into the red that even their loyalty (alumni) and tradition to the ACC would become second fiddle to financial necessity. I am not sure if either school would have gotten into the B1G if only one of those two events happened.

@Your pretty close Conehead but RU and those in the know were tipped in "10" or early "11" they "might" be playing some of their time at RU in the B1G!Some of our rival's laughed (SU) as it would never happen for them but deep down after the study knew they had better lobby the ACC if they wanted to save face!!That was about the same time after ND turned them down Md joined in the talks (11)!! @Conehead , my apologies (sincerely) for mistyping your handle before edit..it wasn't intended to be sarcastic as your a good poster in my eye's!

Reaction Score
@Your ACC success was just a continuation of BE dominance since "98" or the BCS period!!Same happened to the "U"!!Neither have had any luck or fan's in awhile?Karma!!Or Isolation?
Tom O' Brien was a good recruiter, coach Jags was an excellent recruiter Spaz was a nightmare, unable to show energy, get the recruits excited or relate, christ he never even used any social media. He prowled our sidelines with that sad, stone, blank expression. If your a kid sitting at home watching a game and see that coach with the folded arms and empty stare why the hell would you even entertain coming to B.C.? The end results on recruit classes speaks volumes. If he had coached B.C. in the B.E. it would have been the same results, a downward spiral.

Reaction Score
You mean, except this one?

Do you really think that Mary Sue Coleman and Gordon Gee sat around and said, "let's take Rutgers, because 'they will BECOME' a good football team"? I would bet my house that precisely 0 of 12 Big Ten Presidents voted to add Rutgers with the belief that "they will BECOME" a good squad.

If you want to argue that the Big Ten added Rutgers to ease its access to New Jersey recruits, that's perfectly legitimate, but it plays right into huskymedic's (sound) argument, further dilutes the local talent and mitigates your unqualified insistence that Rutgers "will BECOME" something of value.

@Sorry fella but ANYBODY in the B1G is of value!!@Mr Delany growing up in greater Newark did in answer to your first question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom