Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6-4 in the BE, with 4 of those wins by a total amount of 11 points. I guess that's domination in Rutger's land. With all those natural advantages you guys haven't done squat.

A win is a win no matter the point difference. So now, if RU is a doormat (per above post), what is UCONN being that they are 10-22 vs Ru?

I'm not here to troll....every post here has been a fact.

Reaction Score
A win is a win no matter the point difference. So now, if RU is a doormat (per above post), what is UCONN being that they are 10-22 vs Ru?

UCONN is 1 and 0 against notre dame. By you're logic I guess UCONN is better than ND.

I'm also glad you are counting the d1aa days to your total. It's 6 and 4 in favor of ru

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reaction Score
It's gonna be so annoying when we beat them this year and all their fans will have to say is "at least we're going to a real conference!" on their way out of the Rent with their tail between their legs. i.e. Cuse fans vacating XL after the hoops game last year.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'll feel bad for Cincy when UConn gets into a big boy conference before they do. I kind of doubt if they get contacted by the B12 or whoever that they would stick up for us, ironically if UConn gets contacted we might say we want a northern partner and suggest them. (Cause who else could it be... Temple?)

Reaction Score
Cincy would definitely get the B12 call before us. We are only going to the B12 as part of a large, new eastern division. It doesn't seem like that is in the cards.

Reaction Score
I'll feel bad for Cincy when UConn gets into a big boy conference before they do. I kind of doubt if they get contacted by the B12 or whoever that they would stick up for us, ironically if UConn gets contacted we might say we want a northern partner and suggest them. (Cause who else could it be... Temple?)

@I get the feeling Temple is going in a good direction in FB since their return to the BE/AAC!!It's not out of the question!!Golden, Addazio and Rhule have been great hire's but can they keep a coach long enough?

Reaction Score
It's gonna be so annoying when we beat them this year and all their fans will have to say is "at least we're going to a real conference!" on their way out of the Rent with their tail between their legs. i.e. Cuse fans vacating XL after the hoops game last year.

There is zero chance that you are going to win. Not only that, but take note of how well our fans travel. Last year I probably saw 20 UCONN fans at Piscataway.....the Rent is always filled with RU people.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Cincy would definitely get the B12 call before us. We are only going to the B12 as part of a large, new eastern division. It doesn't seem like that is in the cards.
Gotta hope the B12 are happy to stay at 10 for a few years while they wait for the possible targets to distinguish themselves, and both UConn and Temple out-perform Cincy and any western schools during that period.

In an alternate universe, Pitt and WVU accepted the B12 invite together, and UConn has the luxury to chose between the ACC and B12.

Reaction Score
There is zero chance that you are going to win. Not only that, but take note of how well our fans travel. Last year I probably saw 20 UCONN fans at Piscataway.....the Rent is always filled with RU people.
0% huh? Troll harder bud it represents the RU fanbase so well. I'll be sure to welcome your traveling fans (although you are completely exaggerating your fanbase which isn't a surprise considering your inability to view anything about ru rationally). hopefully they won't be subject to the bs I went through at your stadium.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
I remember a decent number of RU fans in 2011 (when our 5 win team doubled them up) but nothing better than what SU or a bunch of other teams bring.

Reaction Score

Take note of our Big East championship banners.

Reaction Score

Comparing Rutgers to UConn before UConn jumped to I-A is a worthless comparison. Since UConn made the leap, UConn is 4 wins to 6 loses versus Rutgers if I recall correctly. Most of the games have been close, too. It is also a fact that UConn does have a Big E title and a BCS game and Rutgers does not. Not bad for a ‘start-up’ D-1 program that has only been around for 10 years against a school that has been playing football for 100+ years and is in one of the best recruiting states around.

Thus, I would consider Rutgers a natural and a good rival for UConn in football and not a doormat.

For your information, if you look up ‘doormat’ in the dictionary, there is a reference to Rutgers men’s basketball.

http://www.scarletknights.com/basketball-men/history/win-loss.asp

Total Record: 1155-1090 losses

All time Big E win percentage: 31%

Big East Tournament record: 6-13 (32%)

NCAA Tournament Record: 12 games, 5-7 (42%), 1 Final 4 (1976)

Record Against UConn: 14 wins, 34 loses (29%), since joining the Big E (1995), 2 wins, 17 loses (11%)

Reaction Score
Rutgers' fans have a very hard time understanding that they're in the Big Ten because New Jersey has lot of people in it.

Well, perhaps it's more accurate to say they have a hard time admitting it.

Just be happy about it and stop trying to convince the world that you have some other virtue.

Let's remember that this is a school that has never won a single game in a single sport in over 100 years that they'd feel comfortable bragging about.

Your last line is so laughably stupid....it just shows how ignorant you are, not to mention how jealous of RU's status as an AAU school (something you can only wish happens in the next decade, if at all)...jealous of where our football program is, compared to yours...and jealous that the Big Ten actually sees value in us, and not in you.

And I don't want to bore you with the wins we are excited about....including the 5 we've won over UCONN in the last 7 years.

So no, I won't admit that NJ's population is the ONLY reason we are in the Big Ten now....because it's just one of the many reasons we are where we are...and you are (still) where you are.

Reaction Score
Comparing Rutgers to UConn before UConn jumped to I-A is a worthless comparison. Since UConn made the leap, UConn is 4 wins to 6 loses versus Rutgers if I recall correctly. Most of the games have been close, too. It is also a fact that UConn does have a Big E title and a BCS game and Rutgers does not. Not bad for a ‘start-up’ D-1 program that has only been around for 10 years against a school that has been playing football for 100+ years and is in one of the best recruiting states around.

Thus, I would consider Rutgers a natural and a good rival for UConn in football and not a doormat.

For your information, if you look up ‘doormat’ in the dictionary, there is a reference to Rutgers men’s basketball.

http://www.scarletknights.com/basketball-men/history/win-loss.asp

Total Record: 1155-1090 losses

All time Big E win percentage: 31%

Big East Tournament record: 6-13 (32%)

NCAA Tournament Record: 12 games, 5-7 (42%), 1 Final 4 (1976)

Record Against UConn: 14 wins, 34 loses (29%), since joining the Big E (1995), 2 wins, 17 loses (11%)

If this was about basketball, you'd have a point. It's not...so as someone who doesn't give a flip about any sport BUT college football...I couldn't care less about our sorry hoops history.

And considering that the majority of the games played between RU and UCONN in football were when both teams were either both D1AA (which RU was until 1979) or D1A, and that RU is 21-10 against you...I'd say that RU is sorry we won't be playing you in the future, since we win 2 out of 3 against you historically.

Finally, RU won a Big East title just last year, so we do have a title.

By the way, You've been playing football since 1896, which by my count is over 100 years as well. What's your excuse for your pitiful sub-.500 record all-time in football. That's just embarrassing. As bad as RU basketball is, at least we've won more games than we've lost....in both football and basketball. Get back to me when you can say the same.

So to say you are a start up is as factually incorrect as saying RU has been playing D1 for over 100 years. It's only been 33 to your 1o years.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If this was about basketball, you'd have a point. It's not...so as someone who doesn't give a flip about any sport BUT college football...I couldn't care less about our sorry hoops history.

And considering that the majority of the games played between RU and UCONN in football were when both teams were either both D1AA (which RU was until 1979) or D1A, and that RU is 21-10 against you...I'd say that RU is sorry we won't be playing you in the future, since we win 2 out of 3 against you historically.

Finally, RU won a Big East title just last year, so we do have a title.

By the way, You've been playing football since 1896, which by my count is over 100 years as well. What's your excuse for your pitiful sub-.500 record all-time in football. That's just embarrassing. As bad as RU basketball is, at least we've won more games than we've lost....in both football and basketball. Get back to me when you can say the same.

So to say you are a start up is as factually incorrect as saying RU has been playing D1 for over 100 years. It's only been 33 to your 1o years.

According to the NCAA, Rutgers has always been considered a major college football division program, and was never 1-AA. Granted, it played a mixture of University and College division teams in the 70's, following its long tradition of scheduling like , but until 2000 when UConn transitioned to 1A the two schools were in different classifications.

http://www.footballgeography.com/?page_id=100

Reaction Score
@ Buggsy
As I said, I would rather UConn play Rutgers than not as I respect the team (not the administration, which is a complete laughing stock right now) as college sports historically are driven by valries, which drive fan interest, which drives attendance and TV rating, which drives revenue. It has been a good, regional rivalry. Sad to see it among many of the conference realignment victims.
That said, it is naïve to believe Rutgers was selected because of football alone. It was selected because of TV sets, i.e. the fact Rutgers is one of two FBS programs in the NYC DMA (Army is the other). AAU status and the fact that NJ is adjacent to an existing B1G states (PA) were also factors. Access to NJ football recruiting was also a factor, though a secondary one.
Overall, UConn is comparable to Rutgers academically (AAU is the objective, Unievrsitas status will help [only US universities are UConn, Virginia, Maryland & Ohio State) and US news has UConn ranked #63 while Rutgers is #68) and is equal to or greater than Rutgers with respect to athletics (no football history hurts; but UConn has an overall stronger sports program, basketball power, and runs less of a deficit).
As for football itself, UConn and Rutgers should only be compared when both were D-1 status in the Big East. During that time, Rutgers won 6 and UConn won 4. Rutgers has 1 co-championship title and no BCS bids and UConn has 2 co-championship titles and 1 BCS bids. Again comparable.
As for Rutgers 'superior' football record historically over UConn, be careful with that.
http://www.scarletknights.com/football/history/series.asp
Admittedly, football was not the primary concern of UConn athletics for decades until going to FBS. That lack of history is an issue. As for Rutgers, your great record seems to be inflated a bit - ACC: 21 wins, 58 loses; Big East: 64 wins, 108 loses [and that includes 15 wins against UConn before UConn went FBS]; XII: 2 wins, 2 loses; B1G: 9 wins, 26 loses, SEC: 5 wins, 11 loses. But, Rutgers is 261 wins and 233 losses against historically FCS or lower programs. Beyond FBS, Rutgers has 5 wins against RPI, are 5 and 9 versus Haverford, 3 wins against Johns Hopkins, 23 wins and 18 loses to NYU, etc.

Reaction Score
@ Buggsy
As I said, I would rather UConn play Rutgers than not as I respect the team (not the administration, which is a complete laughing stock right now) as college sports historically are driven by valries, which drive fan interest, which drives attendance and TV rating, which drives revenue. It has been a good, regional rivalry. Sad to see it among many of the conference realignment victims.
That said, it is naïve to believe Rutgers was selected because of football alone. It was selected because of TV sets, i.e. the fact Rutgers is one of two FBS programs in the NYC DMA (Army is the other). AAU status and the fact that NJ is adjacent to an existing B1G states (PA) were also factors. Access to NJ football recruiting was also a factor, though a secondary one.
Overall, UConn is comparable to Rutgers academically (AAU is the objective, Unievrsitas status will help [only US universities are UConn, Virginia, Maryland & Ohio State) and US news has UConn ranked #63 while Rutgers is #68) and is equal to or greater than Rutgers with respect to athletics (no football history hurts; but UConn has an overall stronger sports program, basketball power, and runs less of a deficit).
As for football itself, UConn and Rutgers should only be compared when both were D-1 status in the Big East. During that time, Rutgers won 6 and UConn won 4. Rutgers has 1 co-championship title and no BCS bids and UConn has 2 co-championship titles and 1 BCS bids. Again comparable.
As for Rutgers 'superior' football record historically over UConn, be careful with that.
http://www.scarletknights.com/football/history/series.asp
Admittedly, football was not the primary concern of UConn athletics for decades until going to FBS. That lack of history is an issue. As for Rutgers, your great record seems to be inflated a bit - ACC: 21 wins, 58 loses; Big East: 64 wins, 108 loses [and that includes 15 wins against UConn before UConn went FBS]; XII: 2 wins, 2 loses; B1G: 9 wins, 26 loses, SEC: 5 wins, 11 loses. But, Rutgers is 261 wins and 233 losses against historically FCS or lower programs. Beyond FBS, Rutgers has 5 wins against RPI, are 5 and 9 versus Haverford, 3 wins against Johns Hopkins, 23 wins and 18 loses to NYU, etc.

Yeah maybe all are facts but until as late as "87" RU was acting like an Ivy and I remember HC Rich"Dick" Anderson saying when Craig "Ironhead" Heyward wanted to play at RU we have higher standard's than just winning football game's and I won't argue with a child!Meanwhile half the school's in the country were begging him to come!!He ended up at Pitt and a 1st rd draft pick!So even though they may have officially been D1 the admin's wouldn't allow them to act like it!As far as schedule's we were playing Alabama's and Tennessee's even tho undermanned in the late 70's early 80's!RU ducked no one and PSU was alway's a regular!!I know they caught my interest in the early 60's!But your post is informative to the novice fan!

Reaction Score
My high school co-captain went to Rutgers.
They were considered just a step below Ivy.
In 1963 Rutgers went 3-6 ne lead the team in rushing.
In 1964 they were 6-3 he won 3 game balls playing strickly linebacker.
They lost to Princeton both years.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Don't bother with these guys. All they want to do is attack everything non-UConn and cry about how they didn't wind up in a power 5 league. Oh and did you hear UConn is a good school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom