Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is it with all these yo yos posting here. Bad enough Cuse and Rutgers, now It's a Card fan. Who's next?

Reaction Score
My high school co-captain went to Rutgers.
They were considered just a step below Ivy.
In 1963 Rutgers went 3-6 ne lead the team in rushing.
In 1964 they were 6-3 he won 3 game balls playing strickly linebacker.
They lost to Princeton both years.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

@And I'll bet I could find similar situations w/a little research on UConn FB history given their below 500 career record!!Again,why the need to denigrate RU? Then again maybe I'm reading more into it than their is?If so my apologies AzHuskyPop!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why are the Rutgers' and UL fans even here?

It's a rhetorical question - I already know the answer.

We point out the areas of their insecurity and they just cannot let it go.

Rutgers' fans know that they're not and have never been a successful athletic program. In 100+ years, they don't have a signature win in any sport that anyone cares about. Fine school, heavily-populated state equals becoming Maryland's plus-one in the Big Ten.

The ACC happened to need a team when UL is at its zenith. The ACC bought Louisville high and while they didn't get very good academic institution or a school that will carry any weight if the ACC Network fantasy happens, (the UL fan base is basically confined to 1/2 of that city), but they mollified Florida State and Clemson.

While it doesn't fit the heroic narratives you've all concocted about your schools, being in the right place at the right time should be enough.

Let the insecurity go and when it goes, go with it.

Reaction Score
Responses from college athletics fans reminds me of playground taunting from elementary school.

Reaction Score

The ACC happened to need a team when UL is at its zenith. The ACC bought Louisville high and while they didn't get very good academic institution or a school that will carry any weight if the ACC Network fantasy happens, (the UL fan base is basically confined to 1/2 of that city), but they mollified Florida State and Clemson.
Keep whining. Swofford knows he made a huge mistake by adding Boston College and didn't want to relive the experience again. FSU and Clemson didn't want another northeastern school with laughable football and were ready to bolt had UConn been added. Adding Louisville virtually saved the ACC in ways your butthurt fanbase can't even begin to comprehend.

UConn + AAC is a match made in heaven.

Reaction Score
Keep whining. Swofford knows he made a huge mistake by adding Boston College and didn't want to relive the experience again. FSU and Clemson didn't want another northeastern school with laughable football and were ready to bolt had UConn been added. Adding Louisville virtually saved the ACC in ways your butthurt fanbase can't even begin to comprehend.

Ever hear of Syracuse? I guess not. Keep s**king your own penis.

Reaction Score
And I don't want to bore you with the wins we are excited about....including the 5 we've won over UCONN in the last 7 years.
Unintentional as it may have been, you pretty much summed up the difference between our two athletic programs.

For Rutgers fans, wins over UConn (in any sport) are major highlights that they can reflect on for years to come. UConn fans, on the other hand, have championships to reflect on.

We can all agree that Rutgers' conference situation is lightyears ahead of UConn's, even if we disagree about how and why you got there. I'm just not sure why you give such a duck* about what UConn fans think.

(Actually, I do know. It's that insecurity thing Fishy was talking about.)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Do not confuse Louisville with Boston College.

Boston College has a far, far better football history than Louisville and they're an excellent school in a great city. Louisville is a marginal school in Kentucky. Over the long, short or even middle run, the ACC picks Boston College 100 times out of 100 times over Louisville. If they have to kick one of you out tomorrow, they don't even take a vote before deleting Louisville from the letterhead.

Again, your narrative does not fit your reality. You had a good year - it got you in the ACC, but don't confuse yourself with something more.

Be happy.

(PS - UConn 23 Louisville 20. Laughable.)

Reaction Score

It's a rhetorical question - I already know the answer.

We point out the areas of their insecurity and they just cannot let it go.

Rutgers' fans know that they're not and have never been a successful athletic program. In 100+ years, they don't have a signature win in any sport that anyone cares about. Fine school, heavily-populated state equals becoming Maryland's plus-one in the Big Ten.

While it doesn't fit the heroic narratives you've all concocted about your schools, being in the right place at the right time should be enough.

Let the insecurity go and when it goes, go with it.

@Sorry Fishy u got it backwards!!They (RU) knew it was just a matter of who would be our partner since Neb jumped us and only reason Md got honor of 13 was a concession we could live with!!Md wasn't even one included in "09" study of potential add's!!Now UConn's only hope is as an add on to a "historic' program!btw I notice your a dour man??Very grim!!Cheer up..didn't u have any toys as a kid?

Reaction Score
Do not confuse Louisville with Boston College.

Boston College has a far, far better football history than Louisville and they're an excellent school in a great city. Louisville is a marginal school in Kentucky. Over the long, short or even middle run, the ACC picks Boston College 100 times out of 100 times over Louisville. If they have to kick one of you out tomorrow, they don't even take a vote before deleting Louisville from the letterhead.

Again, your narrative does not fit your reality. You had a good year - it got you in the ACC, but don't confuse yourself with something more.

Be happy.

(PS - UConn 23 Louisville 20. Laughable.)

@BC day's as a national power or even regional is over even with Daz breathing Temple type love into them!!It's gonna take heroic efforts to maintain dominance in even New England by very good recruiting coaches!What happened to them and the 'U" puzzled me as I thought they were a solid program till I saw how fast they wilted under the loving care of the ACC! The future is in your "other" favorite team of who's board were on!Amazing what a seemingly innocent post brings out of a loyal fan?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Don't bother with these guys. All they want to do is attack everything non-UConn and cry about how they didn't wind up in a power 5 league. Oh and did you hear UConn is a good school?
We did. And that ville is a glorified JC. Enjoy that degree that's about as valuable as toilet paper.

U

UConn9604

I'm not here to troll....every post here has been a fact.

You mean, except this one?

What people also need to realize is that Rutgers was not only picked because of what they are....they were also selected because of what they will BECOME.
Do you really think that Mary Sue Coleman and Gordon Gee sat around and said, "let's take Rutgers, because 'they will BECOME' a good football team"? I would bet my house that precisely 0 of 12 Big Ten Presidents voted to add Rutgers with the belief that "they will BECOME" a good squad.

If you want to argue that the Big Ten added Rutgers to ease its access to New Jersey recruits, that's perfectly legitimate, but it plays right into huskymedic's (sound) argument, further dilutes the local talent and mitigates your unqualified insistence that Rutgers "will BECOME" something of value.

Reaction Score
Back to the Cardsfan.

My best advice for you is to keep quiet and enjoy your good fortune. However, the irony is that "your good fortune", the invite to the ACC, will cheapen over time. First, not to beat the long departed horse, UL's academic standing creates a perception problem for Swofford et al. How do you argue that Duke, Wake, Miami, GT, BC, VA and UNC belong in the same conference with Louisville from a academic perspective? They don't. If the deal was cut to placate Clemson and FSU, then the ACC has a problem. Maybe the GOR will keep every one honest for a few years, but you have to know the academic powers at the above listed institutions are cringing at being lumped together with Louisville. The other problem the ACC has is the "favored nations" status of ND. They aren't worth it. Yes they played in the BCS championship this year, but that were thrashed by the big boys (ironically by the same margin that UConn was beat by Oklahoma). Further, what has ND done in other sports? To me, ND is the biggest underachiever in college sports. In the old BE, it stuck in my craw that ND was accorded such status. Ultimately, it will make the FSU's, the Miami's, the UNC's, the VA's etc. resentful. Hey ACC, you'll see.

No doubt, Malloy would throw a victory parade if the ACC called UConn today, but here's hoping it is the B1G that calls. That would be the best. So Louisville enjoy your ACC buzz while you can, but things aren't nearly as rosy as you may think.

Reaction Score
If the ACC crumbles, have to wonder how many options Louisville will have left. Certainly not the SEC or the B1G. They'll be stuck with Kansas State and Iowa State.

Reaction Score
@Sorry Fishy u got it backwards!!They (RU) knew it was just a matter of who would be our partner since Neb jumped us and only reason Md got honor of 13 was a concession we could live with!!Md wasn't even one included in "09" study of potential add's!!Now UConn's only hope is as an add on to a "historic' program!btw I notice your a dour man??Very grim!!Cheer up..didn't u have any toys as a kid?

Lol @ only reason Maryland got the honor of being number 13 is because Rutgers could live with it.

Maryland was coveted in the Big Ten's expansion plan. It's located in Baltimore/Washington (wealthiest state in the country, the #4 media market) and actually moves the needle in its market. It's a top-25/30 athletic department and brings 25 national titles in football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's lacrosse, women's lacrosse, and men's soccer with it to the Big Ten. Rutgers won a a fencing title in 1949. That's all RU has in the trophy case.

Concerned about travel, Maryland wanted division restructuring and to be placed in the East. The Big Ten made the switch. Maryland considered a home for its top-5 all time lacrosse program a priority. B1G lacrosse league was formed. Maryland wanted Hopkins added as an associate lacrosse member to give heft to the league. Hopkins is in and will be in the CIC. Maryland needed cash in a hurry. The B1G gave Maryland a front loaded deal AND a $20 million "travel subsidy".

Maryland dictated its future. It could have easily stayed in the ACC. Rutgers was along for the ride and desperate for seat at the grown up table. It took what it could get for a seat at the table. If Maryland did not jump from the ACC to the Big Ten, Rutgers would be in the AAC.

Reaction Score
@BC day's as a national power or even regional is over even with Daz breathing Temple type love into them!!It's gonna take heroic efforts to maintain dominance in even New England by very good recruiting coaches!What happened to them and the 'U" puzzled me as I thought they were a solid program till I saw how fast they wilted under the loving care of the ACC! The future is in your "other" favorite team of who's board were on!Amazing what a seemingly innocent post brings out of a loyal fan?
Two bad years do not wipe out 5 good years in the A.C.C. We all know why the decline began its called SPAZ and his inability to recruit. Even the best programs go through bad periods of football thats a fact. Your sadly mistaken when you say the A.C.C. is the reason for our decline, but I think you know that. You can check the facts and records of B.C. from 2005 our first year and see where we finished. Our overall conference record is still very good, even after two consecutive losing A.C.C. seasons. We had won two division titles and made two appearances in the title game, and lost a tiebreaker with FSU for a third appearance. Not to shabby. We have and will once again compete for championships. The theory that we are losing because we are a member of the A.C.C is a MYTH, and not based on the facts or records.

Reaction Score
Dear Cards Fans,

You are in the A.C.C. by default only. U Conn would have been the clear winner, but for the appeasement of FSU and Clemson we had to lower our standards. You have not played a single game in the A.C.C and your talking smack already? that takes balls. You had your sorry a#$ dragged through the door only for propping up the football aspect of the conference. U Conn was a better all around candidate and most of the A.C.C. knew that. You are an ACADEMIC NIGHTMARE that will forever be kept at arms length. CR forced you into the fold, it was not by choice I assure you that. So keep flapping those gums and talking trash because behind all that self promotion and bluster is a school and fan base that knows it will never been on equal footing within a conference that really does value education and strives for greatness off the playing field. You are the W.V. of the A.C.C.. Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Before Card fans get too full of themselves the Louisville football flop post Petrino did much to contribute to the week football reputation of the Big East.
If the Cards remained a power the Big East might still be around.
I have to admit I thought Cinn was a MAC team. They actually did better than expected.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020