Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tom O' Brien was a good recruiter, coach Jags was an excellent recruiter Spaz was a nightmare, unable to show energy, get the recruits excited or relate, christ he never even used any social media. He prowled our sidelines with that sad, stone, blank expression. If your a kid sitting at home watching a game and see that coach with the folded arms and empty stare why the hell would you even entertain coming to B.C.? The end results on recruit classes speaks volumes. If he had coached B.C. in the B.E. it would have been the same results, a downward spiral.

I'll concede that you might be right?Kid's liked his grampa spiel but not as a HC of a major FB team!Why did flipper hire him?Did they grow up together?

Reaction Score
I'll concede that you might be right?Kid's liked his grampa spiel but not as a HC of a major FB team!Why did flipper hire him?Did they grow up together?
Spaz was an inside hire (many years as def coordinator 16 years total on staff) and had a long relationship with Flip. He had some pretty good years as def coord. He was not cut out to be the head coach of a major college football program. He lacked the tools as I had mentioned earlier. His hire was questioned day one by the alums, and the resentment grew with every season, and as the losses built up so did the anger. People are grateful that Flip guided B.C. into the A.C.C. but beyond that the consensus was he had over stayed his welcome.

Many felt he made poor hires within the athletic dpt. and never listened to the fans, or alums. He was viewed as aloof and worse had the protection of Father Lahey and the powers that be. You had a football coach who struggled, an A.D. that refused to listen to the fan base, or concede he made a bad hire, and a group of higher powers who simply chose to turn a blind eye to the entire situation.

Reaction Score
For the love of all that is good and holy do I have any ability as OP to delete this thread?
Obviously your reading whats being discussed..... if it is that annoying then simply turn your attention elsewhere.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Spaz was an inside hire (many years as def coordinator 16 years total on staff) and had a long relationship with Flip. He had some pretty good years as def coord. He was not cut out to be the head coach of a major college football program. He lacked the tools as I had mentioned earlier. His hire was questioned day one by the alums, and the resentment grew with every season, and as the losses built up so did the anger. People are grateful that Flip guided B.C. into the A.C.C. but beyond that the consensus was he had over stayed his welcome.

Many felt he made poor hires within the athletic dpt. and never listened to the fans, or alums. He was viewed as aloof and worse had the protection of Father Lahey and the powers that be. You had a football coach who struggled, an A.D. that refused to listen to the fan base, or concede he made a bad hire, and a group of higher powers who simply chose to turn a blind eye to the entire situation.

1. Flip threatened Jagozinski
2. Jags (rightly, IMO) called his bluff,
3. A shocked Flip had no choice but to follow through once the threat went public.

Spaziani was a desperation hire, culminated from a half-a$$ed search that really never happened (Spaz was already on the defensive staff and was passed over 2 years prior when Jags was hired).

He is the BC equivalent of Coach Pasqualoni with 3 key differences (only 1 in BC's favor): 1. At Coach Pasqualoni was a former head coach. Spaz was a 1st time head coach at age 61. 2. Coach Pasqualoni can apparently recruit (based on star rating and little else, IMO) and 3. Unfortunately, UConn paid a headhunter good money to "find" Coach Pasqualoni.

U

UConn9604

@Sorry fella but ANYBODY in the B1G is of value!!@Mr Delany growing up in greater Newark did in answer to your first question!!

Gene DeFilippo was born in New Haven. That and $4 on StubHub can get you a ticket to Towson vs. Connecticut.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
everyone whos not a uconn fan in this thread, . unless your not here to troll. RU LU were better than you, i don't care that you got to a P5 conference first. when we get into the acc, or B1G everyone here knows you'll be itting your pants

Reaction Score
It's called a space bar bro. You use it between words AND after finishing sentences.

Reaction Score
Gene DeFilippo was born in New Haven. That and $4 on StubHub can get you a ticket to Towson vs. Connecticut.

@So?Whats that got to do with this conversation?Space bar?You need reading comprehension courses!Why would you brag about that? Spaz is from Jersey but I'm not bragging about losers!!

Reaction Score
It's called a space bar bro. You use it between words AND after finishing sentences.

Maybe you should consider eyeglasses? Having trouble understanding my sentences or just a snob? In any case men with nothing to say usually will fall back to what they know!!Stick to typing and avoid sports or any blogs!Were not paid to comment therefore have no obligation's to the reader but to be honest!

U

UConn9604

@So?Whats that got to do with this conversation?Space bar?You need reading comprehension courses!Why would you brag about that? Spaz is from Jersey but I'm not bragging about losers!!

Nick, perhaps it's not the comprehension. Maybe it's your delivery?

Regardless, you had implied that Delaney's Jersey roots played a role in your invitation to the Big Ten. My comment about DeFilippo implied that where you're from has nothing to do with anything in this context -- only the putative number of TV eyeballs matters.

Reaction Score
Nick, perhaps it's not the comprehension. Maybe it's your delivery?

Regardless, you had implied that Delaney's Jersey roots played a role in your invitation to the Big Ten. My comment about DeFilippo implied that where you're from has nothing to do with anything in this context -- only the putative number of TV eyeballs matters.

@I only meant that Delany growing up there knew of RU's potential not any special love or sentimentality for the state he left behind when he went to UNC then Chitown!!Like he had a "unique" feel for the potential for the possibilties of RU and never forgot it!I know growing up I felt NJ's U had greater possibilties and I feel that way about UConn now too!

Reaction Score
Louisville to the ACC was a no brainer for several reasons.

1. Money - Louisville is in the top tier of Revenue producing schools in the NCAA. This gives them a huge advantage in attracting and maintaining top talent that will be needed to compete at the highest levels. This point can't be overstated enough.
2. Past Success - Everybody likes to point to their run this year but that was after the ACC had chosen them to join. They were already quite successful in Basketball with Pitino and had a lot of success in Football. This years run was more validation of past efforts.
3. Facilities - Their Basketball arena is top notch and Football is nice as well and has room to grow. Major revenues wont be needed to upgrade to ACC caliber facilities.
4. New market - While Kentucky isnt a big market. It is new market and expands the ACC's reach
5. Fan Support - Louisville has a good level of fan support and the contributions to their booster club support this.

In the end, Louisville to the ACC was the easy choice to make.
If the ACC was so smart, they'd have taken UConn and Rutgers ahead of BC and Syracuse.

Reaction Score
If the ACC was so smart, they'd have taken UConn and Rutgers ahead of BC and Syracuse.

We would love to give BC back. Syracuse is less of a question mark. They have a good piece of the NYC market. They have fans (transplants) all over the east coast as well. I dont hear a lot about Rutgers except in NJ.

Reaction Score
We would love to give BC back. Syracuse is less of a question mark. They have a good piece of the NYC market. They have fans (transplants) all over the east coast as well. I dont hear a lot about Rutgers except in NJ.
Which school do you represent?

Reaction Score
Haters keep on hating.........proud member of the A.C.C since 2005........make a statement stand behind it. Btw all schools a have transplants all over the country and sorry but N.Y. is a divided city between Rutgers U Conn and Syracuse.....one school does not own most of it.... and a slogan thrown up in various places does not make it so. Keep on hating mystery gal.

Reaction Score
Haters keep on hating.........proud member of the A.C.C since 2005........make a statement stand behind it. Btw all schools a have transplants all over the country and sorry but N.Y. is a divided city between Rutgers U Conn and Syracuse.....one school does not own most of it.... and a slogan thrown up in various places does not make it so. Keep on hating mystery gal.

Jaysus H Christmas...if the BY is now providing a forum for ACC members to bicker I am literally going to blow my head off. You trollers Git out of here!!! We could care less as to what you say, think, feel, or believe. About Anything. We need neither your condenscension nor your pity... Let us go about the hard work of continuing our awesomeness while your field hockey teams conduct fundraisers to pay the cost of gas to get from Beacon Hill to Blacksburg...

Reaction Score

I'm sure BC is proud to be in the ACC. Its a great gig. Take lots of money from the conference and give opposing teams free W's. Right now UConn probably could deliver more of Boston than BC.

Reaction Score
Thats your opinion. They didn't thats the reality. Could sit here speculating til the end of time. Shoulda woulda, coulda, obviously they like brains .....and brawn. Birds of a feather......so goes the saying. Just for the record no problem here with U Conn to the A.C.C. so bring it.

Reaction Score
I'm sure BC is proud to be in the ACC. Its a great gig. Take lots of money from the conference and give opposing teams free W's. Right now UConn probably could deliver more of Boston than BC.
Ya...some place you would want to be in A NEW YORK MINUTE! Free w's? not even sure what that means, a statement that solidifies your ignorance. Our student athletes would take exception to that. So your saying these young people play to lose? When you write things like that (off the wall comments) it makes debating much tougher. Ya Im sure they could...deliver..lol...its official your delusional.

Reaction Score
I do have to give BC credit for their hockey program. I had the joy of watching them lose in the last NCAA regional to Union in Providence. BC's players are wizards on skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom